Christ is God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Placid

Sep 27, 2016
Hi Posthuman, (I guess that means ‘born again’)

Yes, after Satan was cast out and took one third of the fallen angels with him, there was another leader chosen, for the two thirds who were faithful to God, and that was the Word. --- So, ‘the Word was in the beginning with God,’ before the foundations of the world. This earth might have been a heavenly body for a long time before God created an atmosphere around it. It was covered with water, and the Spirit of God moved on the waters and started life in the sea.

God said, Let there be Light, and the Word came as Light. The position of the first Lucifer who was cast down, was Daystar, Son of the morning, or Lightbringer, Isaiah 14:12. So the new Daystar and Lightbringer was ‘the Word.’
--- It says in 1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: (God) the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.” --- Meaning the three are in harmony, the Holy Spirit and the Word are servants to Almighty God.

--- John 1:3 “All things were made through Him (the Word).” And it said in Hebrews 1:6 But when He ‘again’ brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

--- And when was that, when God ‘again’ brought His firstborn into the world? --- In John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
There is a little mystery to this so I will add more later.

Blessings

Placid

Sep 27, 2016
--- To continue the mystery:

Something that has not been mentioned is that ‘the Lord of hosts’ in the OT is another name for ‘the Word.’ --- I had mentioned 'the Word' coming into the world, and it comes from Isaiah 48 where the Lord of hosts, the Word says in 12 “Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;

16 “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit Have sent Me.”

--- The Lord God, and His Holy Spirit, have sent Me, the Word, (into the world.)

Hebrews 10:5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come— In the volume of the book it is written of Me— To do Your will, O God.’ ”

Now this is where the mystery is solved.
We can go to another prophetic Book to find out what happened. --- Zechariah, where the Lord of hosts is speaking in 3:8 “For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.”
6:12‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Behold, a Man (Messiah) whose name is Branch, for He shall branch out from His place (Israel, the Davidic line); and He shall build the [ultimate] temple of the Lord. He shall bear the honor and majesty and sit and rule on His throne. And He shall be a Priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between the two offices [Priest and King].”’

13:7 “Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, And against the Man, My Associate,” Declares the Lord of hosts.”
--- I had written that in Daniel 7, the Son of Man was chosen to rule the kingdoms of the world, before He handed them back to God, as verified in 1 Corinthians 15. --- And here the Son of Man, Christ, the Messiah, is also called, “My Servant, the Branch,” --- “My Shepherd,” and “My Associate.”

So ‘the Word’ could send ‘His Associate’ to represent Him when it was His desire. --- And that is what happened in Hebrews 10:5. Both the Word and Christ were Spiritual Beings so could not be seen by men, and needed a physucal body through which to relate to mankind, --- And the One that came from heaven was Christ, to indwell the human body of Jesus. --- To become Jesus Christ, as both Savior and Messiah.

(If you have not studies these things, you may not understand it),--- So not to make the post too long, I will clarify this later.
Blessings

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit Have sent Me.”
in the OT we see the trinity expressed in the Hebrews understanding as the Lord God, the Spirit of the Lord and The Angel of the LORD ((different than 'an' angel of the Lord))

all three are spoken of equally as God

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Isaiah 48 where the Lord of hosts, the Word says in 12 “Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;

16 “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
Thank you for putting this; it is yet another proof text of Christ's equality with YHWH :)

E

eternally-gratefull

i did eat a lot today, thankyouverymuch. :D

just returned from grandma's house, back over the river and through the woods!
you know how grandmas do
Hope Grandma was able to keep away from that reindeer!! There is rumors they are seeking grandmas to run over lately!!

Placid

Sep 27, 2016
To finalize the subject:

The Book of Malachi is the last Book in the OT, and there is this interesting verse in 3:1,
“Behold, I send My messenger, and he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,” Says the Lord of hosts.

So we can analyze it this way
“Behold, I (the Lord of hosts) send My messenger (small ‘m’ on messenger meaning John the Baptist), and he (John) will prepare the way before Me (The Lord of hosts).
And the Lord (the Messiah), whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple (the body of Jesus, prepared for Him), --- (Note below)
Even the Messenger (Capital ‘M’ on Messenger, meaning Christ) of the (new) covenant, In whom you (Jewish people) delight. (Look forward to His coming).

Behold, He (the Messenger, Christ) is coming,” Says the Lord of hosts.
--- Notice the change from first person, ‘I, the Lord of hosts’ to the third person ‘behold He is coming.'
The Lord of hosts is not mentioned in the New Testament, being replaced by ‘the Lord Jesus Christ.’

Note: The body of Jesus, a temple. --- John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

--- It mentions the Word in John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made through Him (the Word) and without Him (the Word) nothing was made that was made.”
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John (the Baptist).
7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light (the Word), that all through him might believe.
8 He (John) was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That (the Word) was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He (the Word) was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11 He (the Word) came to His own (domain), and His own (people) did not receive Him.
12 But as many as received Him (Jesus Christ who represented the Word), to them He (the Word) gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His (God’s) name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." --- (John and Andrew were the disciples that first met with Jesus, and John was on the Mount of Transfiguration when he saw the out-raying of the Glory of God in Christ, with Moses and Elijah. Matthew 17:1-3.)

--- So the Word was manifested to the world through Jesus Christ. --- Jesus being visible, was ‘called’ the Son of God in Luke 1:35, --- and Christ, called the 'Son of Man' in the Gospels, was the ‘Associate’ of the Word, who took the Word's place on earth, --- except for the few places where the Word is mentioned.
Blessings

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
why do you call Me good?
no one is good but God alone.
(Luke 18:19)
I am the good shepherd
(John 10:11)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
speaking of the Father, it's written:

Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are Your inheritance
(Psalm 82:8)

speaking of the Son, it says:

I will proclaim the decree
spoken to Me by the LORD:
You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.
Ask Me, and I will make the nations Your inheritance,
the ends of the earth Your possession.
(Psalm 2:7-8)
how could eternal God have an inheritance? who does Creator God 'inherit' from? who is the Father of God?

there is only One God :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
how could eternal God have an inheritance? who does Creator God 'inherit' from? who is the Father of God?
"Inheritance" here means possession. God owns the universe, and the earth is the LORD's and the fulness thereof. Therefore all the nations are ultimately His. And after the Second Coming of Christ, all the kingdoms of the world will be judged and destroyed, and the Kingdom of God will be fully established on the earth under Christ.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
speaking of the Father, it's written:

Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are Your inheritance
(Psalm 82:8)

speaking of the Son, it says:

I will proclaim the decree
spoken to Me by the LORD:
You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.
Ask Me, and I will make the nations Your inheritance,
the ends of the earth Your possession.
(Psalm 2:7-8)

there is only One God :)

I understand itto mean the nations, having been formed by creatures are the inheritance of the Creator, and we know He created all that ever was, so it is simply one of those ironies of our Father. Who can tell His mind?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
To finalize the subject:

The Book of Malachi is the last Book in the OT, and there is this interesting verse in 3:1,
“Behold, I send My messenger, and he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,” Says the Lord of hosts.

So we can analyze it this way
“Behold, I (the Lord of hosts) send My messenger (small ‘m’ on messenger meaning John the Baptist), and he (John) will prepare the way before Me (The Lord of hosts).
And the Lord (the Messiah), whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple (the body of Jesus, prepared for Him), --- (Note below)
Even the Messenger (Capital ‘M’ on Messenger, meaning Christ) of the (new) covenant, In whom you (Jewish people) delight. (Look forward to His coming).

Behold, He (the Messenger, Christ) is coming,” Says the Lord of hosts.
--- Notice the change from first person, ‘I, the Lord of hosts’ to the third person ‘behold He is coming.'
The Lord of hosts is not mentioned in the New Testament, being replaced by ‘the Lord Jesus Christ.’

Note: The body of Jesus, a temple. --- John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

--- It mentions the Word in John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made through Him (the Word) and without Him (the Word) nothing was made that was made.”
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John (the Baptist).
7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light (the Word), that all through him might believe.
8 He (John) was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That (the Word) was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He (the Word) was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11 He (the Word) came to His own (domain), and His own (people) did not receive Him.
12 But as many as received Him (Jesus Christ who represented the Word), to them He (the Word) gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His (God’s) name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." --- (John and Andrew were the disciples that first met with Jesus, and John was on the Mount of Transfiguration when he saw the out-raying of the Glory of God in Christ, with Moses and Elijah. Matthew 17:1-3.)

--- So the Word was manifested to the world through Jesus Christ. --- Jesus being visible, was ‘called’ the Son of God in Luke 1:35, --- and Christ, called the 'Son of Man' in the Gospels, was the ‘Associate’ of the Word, who took the Word's place on earth, --- except for the few places where the Word is mentioned.
Blessings
In addition is the following.

John 10 NIV
Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims
22 Then came the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Isaiah 43:11-12

I, even I , am the LORD,
And there is no Savior besides Me.
It is I who have declared
and saved and
proclaimed ,
And there was no strange god among you;
So you are My witnesses
declares the LORD ,
And I am God.

I read this , this morning , it was lovely to see Jesus and God as one...xox...

Oct 31, 2015
Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

• by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

• glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:5

Is God the Father coming with all the saints on the Day of the Lord, or is Jesus Christ?

JPT

Petercito

May 21, 2019
According to Revelation the final destination is not heaven, it is the new Jerusalem on the new earth, right?
Correct! Our promise from God is to inherent the land. There are no scriptures in the bible that say we go to heaven. To say we go to heaven is mixing Greek pagan philosophy with Christianity, it is false.
According to Revelation the final destination is not heaven, it is the new Jerusalem on the new earth, right?

Petercito

May 21, 2019
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. He was the one who communicated with Moses in the burning bush, who came to Jonah, Samuel, Abraham etc He was of the same substance of His Father YHVH When he was begotten. Jesus then placed himself in the Virgin Mary and became a man, 100 percent man, but still the Son of God. He is seated at the right hand of His Father in heaven as a man. He will return to earth as a man.

1 Cor 8v6 There is one God The Father from whom came all things and for whom we exist and there is one lord Jesus Christ through whom came all things and through whom we exist.

Everything was created through Jesus and for Jesus.

There is one mediator between God and man, the man Jesus Christ.

No one has seen the Father except the only begotten Son.

Jesus was begotten on day one of the creation week, that is why He was with the Father in the beginning.

The Father and Jesus are not one in the same person. They are one in objective and thinking, in love for people etc. but not one person. To think they are part of a trinity is ridiculous and unbiblical.