Christian folks; how do you handle rejection ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Rejection means it's not the path God has for you.

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
Christian folks, how do you handle rejection?

With much joy!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Hello fellow Christians. As a young believer who desires to have a suitor and you have experienced all kinds of rejection from the ladies you intend to ask out, how do you manage this situation?
I know waiting upon the Lord to seek is direction is very Paramount. For those that are in relationship, how are you being led to your spouse?
well, to begin with, you're on the right path. being a Christian is the best position to be in to handle anything not proper. always SEE THRU A PROBLEM thru faith & trust in the Lord. we all know what rejection is & some have had much worse times than anyone else including me. (1st Peter 4;19) i must have been some sort of a misfit in society with all the rejection i received!!!! hahaha. but truly. let God do the work, most of it anyway. when rejected, simply & quickly say, "well God, she's not the right one or you would have let me know! incorporate comedy into rejection, "i can see, she's not for me, so it must be"!!!!! by course, ask around in your church, family, friends, maybe a Christian dating site. i met my spouse thru caring for my next door neighbor. i did all my neighbors mowing &snow work. after her husband died i noticed she was getting lonely. i told her, "let's start a games group with people from church". she said, 'fine'. met my future spouse there.. she knew me from playing the drums in a church band because we met on christian mingles but not face to face. she told me she saw me play at the church & we connected from there. she asked me out to dinner & a Christian movie. next week, she asked me out to dinner & a Christian play. a year later, we were married!!!!!!!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Usually its the lady that should be doing the asking, not the man. Im surprised men havent cottoned on to this. If a lady asks YOU out then you know for sure she really likes you.

of course you cant then reject her it would be cruel.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Usually its the lady that should be doing the asking, not the man. Im surprised men havent cottoned on to this. If a lady asks YOU out then you know for sure she really likes you.

While there may be a bit of truth to part of this, there is so much wrong with it...

So - you don't think doing the same thing to a man would be 'cruel'???

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Nobody has asked me so far. Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm doing something right, depending on what you think my objectives should be.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

In Tennesse, you get 30 days in the hoosegow if you say 'no' to a lady asking you out on a date. :p

I like meeting new people anyway, there would have to be some pretty bad mojo for me to say no.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Nobody has asked me so far. Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm doing something right, depending on what you think my objectives should be.
Maybe you need to show a little more leg?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In Tennesse, you get 30 days in the hoosegow if you say 'no' to a lady asking you out on a date. :p

I like meeting new people anyway, there would have to be some pretty bad mojo for me to say no.
what is a hoosegow?

Ive never heard of it

If you ask someone out in Auckland you really need to get the timing right to allow for traffic. Not going or showing up because you were stuck in it and couldnt find parking can be a legitimate reason to say no as is perhaps petrol vouchers.

it if you ask someone out who lives right next door you may save money and time. Just dont go TOO far on your dates.

Though I do know someone who lived on the other side of town who went with one of my flatmates and they just met up in the middle for the most part, though it would take the guy two hours to get there and back just to see the gal. Eventually they grew tired of this and thought it was more economical to live in the same house then they could see each other everyday, in their pyjamas.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Maybe you need to show a little more leg?
My family specializes in hairy legs. Like, as teenagers we all stood out in gym class.

Maybe if I was looking to date a bear it might work, but otherwise I'm afraid that's not a viable strategy.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
My family specializes in hairy legs. Like, as teenagers we all stood out in gym class.

Maybe if I was looking to date a bear it might work, but otherwise I'm afraid that's not a viable strategy.
Maybe you should show a little more teeth.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
I just put on a sad song, I cry in my room with the lights off, and put on a face that I won’t show anyone
I cried on a flight home. I was quiet and had my own seat, so I didn't disturb anyone. :cry: lol

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
what is a hoosegow?

Ive never heard of it

If you ask someone out in Auckland you really need to get the timing right to allow for traffic. Not going or showing up because you were stuck in it and couldnt find parking can be a legitimate reason to say no as is perhaps petrol vouchers.

it if you ask someone out who lives right next door you may save money and time. Just dont go TOO far on your dates.

Though I do know someone who lived on the other side of town who went with one of my flatmates and they just met up in the middle for the most part, though it would take the guy two hours to get there and back just to see the gal. Eventually they grew tired of this and thought it was more economical to live in the same house then they could see each other everyday, in their pyjamas.
Haven't heard of hoosegow?!

I know you're an advid reader, you might have caught that term in an American Western. Guess you'll have to cotton up to that in a dictionary. :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Haven't heard of hoosegow?!

I know you're an advid reader, you might have caught that term in an American Western. Guess you'll have to cotton up to that in a dictionary. :)
I havent actually ever read a Western!
Not really in my genres of books though they seem to be popular with oldies in the public library who fancy themselves as cowboys lol

Farming folk here are called 'cow cockies' and wear gumboots to stop them from sinking in the mud. Its wet.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok its a jail. Maybe it was originally the horse stables.

I dont think we have a name for it. If we say someone is exiled from the house we usually say they are in the dogbox or the dog kennel.

Dec 6, 2022
Can you be more open and honest about your experience so we can offer you a bit of wisdom?

As for rejection, it attacks the ego because you cannot fathom how someone could look past you, lol. It can be taken personally, expressing itself as feelings of inadequacy. However, if you know what you bring to the table (as a loving faithful man, a righteous man) they simply have not seen your value, that you do have. Also, you weren’t made for everyone, but for one (in respect to God’s foreknowledge and your desires depending upon His providence), so it should not surprise you that some women look past you. You aren’t what/who they are looking for nor who God is providing for them.

I’m a “I believe in destiny, not dating” type of guy. I look to God’s providence and wait. He prepares me and her. My hope then is not in my pursuit but in God’s leading as He provides me unto her.

Start a conversation with God. “Father, where is my wife?” Lay your petition before God.
Finally! My thoughts exactly with just a bit of my own rendition cuz its gotta be a husband for me. 🤣

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
couldnt you get one pulled out of your rib, like Adam did?

A wife I mean.