CHRISTIAN GIRLS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I don't think you had this meaning in mind.

"On the down-low, or on the DL, refers to information that's kept quiet or under wraps. It emerges in Black slang by the 1990s. Both down and low underscore the slang's sense of “quiet” and “hushed.” Since at least the early 2000s, down-low refers to men who secretly have sex (on the down low) with other men. " from google.
You're correct in that I did NOT have that second meaning (men with men) in mind.

The first part was correct, but definitely not the second.

I was thinking more along the lines of a woman having her other hand down low in relation to the topic of the thread.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if that poster chose those specific words deliberately or not.

It's no big deal, either way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't think you had this meaning in mind.

"On the down-low, or on the DL, refers to information that's kept quiet or under wraps. It emerges in Black slang by the 1990s. Both down and low underscore the slang's sense of “quiet” and “hushed.” Since at least the early 2000s, down-low refers to men who secretly have sex (on the down low) with other men. " from google.
I wish I had not caught up on this thread tonight. Now I know something I really wish I did not know.

Sure gives new meaning to that old pop song...
"So I creep, yeah
Just keep it on the down low
Cause nobody is supposed to know
So I creep, yeah
Cause he doesn't know what I do
And no affection goes to show"

I bet 40 years from now teenagers will be pointing to this song and saying, "See? Even back then they were talking about gay sex."

Where is the facepalm emoji when we need it?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I wish I had not caught up on this thread tonight. Now I know something I really wish I did not know.

Sure gives new meaning to that old pop song...
"So I creep, yeah
Just keep it on the down low
Cause nobody is supposed to know
So I creep, yeah
Cause he doesn't know what I do
And no affection goes to show"

I bet 40 years from now teenagers will be pointing to this song and saying, "See? Even back then they were talking about gay sex."

Where is the facepalm emoji when we need it?
1656162963600.jpeg I hate to see how the Gay 20's will be rewritten in history.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
just being informative so we can avoid that phrase. Kids who watch the site may get the wrong idea of what we are saying.