Christian Politicians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lisann

Aug 24, 2019
Government is such a difficult space to work, yet alone live out a Christian life. Do any of you feel that your local government (Governors & Senators) that claim Christ do a good job of this, and if so, what do they do that demonstrates a godly life?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
That I know of, they do the best they can. Sadly I always have an inherit doubt that they’re as godly as they show or say on their appearances, but I think that’s me being paranoid.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
I'm not as familiar with my local government as I should be. It's also hard to say because there's the platform side of the politician and the rumor side.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Politicians and Christianity:

During the Campaign, everyone is a Christian and believes in God.

The truth comes out after the Election...….through their words and deeds.

There are Christians in Politics, and they display their beliefs in which Legislation they support/vote for and which they do not.

City, County, State and Federal Legislatures can all be measured by their "fruits." Christ Himself told us we would know them by their "fruits."

As for Federal/Congressional Legislatures, one I know of stands out IMO, that being Duncan Hunter (the younger) from California. I know some here locally, but no one else would...….soooo

As with any Field of Employment, Christians can be found sprinkled through the ranks. You shall know them by their fruits.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It is difficult to find Christians who will stand for Christian principals let alone politicians who will espouse and live by Christian principals.

Christians would need to be statesman and not politicians.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

I think the words Christian and politican do not belong in the same sentence together

put the 2 together and you have an oxymoron

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I respectfully disagree. A very Godly woman from one of our Congregations that I knew for over 50 years recently passed. She was a Business Owner, and served on the City Council here for years. She also worked with her Congregation, as well as serving on the State Board for our Congregations here in the State.

She gave much time, and donated I don' know how much money to various Congregations around the State that were on hard times, or struggling to stay open. She was a true Christian, a Godly woman, and her and her husband (who is an Ordained Minister, and Licensed Counselor) were/are long, long time friends of our family.

She is but one example. I know many more locally, State wide, and Nationally. I do agree that far more Politicians claim to be a Christian than there really are, but that in no way means a Christian can not be called by God to serve in a Political position.

7seasrekeyed

I respectfully disagree. A very Godly woman from one of our Congregations that I knew for over 50 years recently passed. She was a Business Owner, and served on the City Council here for years. She also worked with her Congregation, as well as serving on the State Board for our Congregations here in the State.

She gave much time, and donated I don' know how much money to various Congregations around the State that were on hard times, or struggling to stay open. She was a true Christian, a Godly woman, and her and her husband (who is an Ordained Minister, and Licensed Counselor) were/are long, long time friends of our family.

She is but one example. I know many more locally, State wide, and Nationally. I do agree that far more Politicians claim to be a Christian than there really are, but that in no way means a Christian can not be called by God to serve in a Political position.

it seems you are posting to what I said?

not sure

at any rate, you can disagree till 2029

I only expressed MY opinion

I don't think politics and Christianity mix anymore than a King over Israel was what God wanted for them

and I'm fine with that

if you were not responding to what I wrote, well then I simply doubled down on what I believe

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
The percentage of politicians who falsely profess Christ is about equal to people who falsely profess Him in other walks of life. At the state and local levels anyhow.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
it seems you are posting to what I said?

not sure

at any rate, you can disagree till 2029

I only expressed MY opinion

I don't think politics and Christianity mix anymore than a King over Israel was what God wanted for them

and I'm fine with that

if you were not responding to what I wrote, well then I simply doubled down on what I believe
I was, and as I said, I respectfully disagree. You are certainly entitled to your opinion/belief.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Government is such a difficult space to work, yet alone live out a Christian life. Do any of you feel that your local government (Governors & Senators) that claim Christ do a good job of this, and if so, what do they do that demonstrates a godly life?
I have found that ALL politicians (even those who claim to be Christians) are liars!

They will tell the most terrible lies just to hold onto power.

Lord Acton said, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

The older I get the more cynical I become about out politicians (and those in power, including those in the Church)!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I live in a cesspool of humanism and atheism. I crave Christians coming into power.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
To be a politician you have to serve so many people, please so many people, that it's hard to make decisions that strictly support only your views. That is why I believe there won't be a TRUE christian politician because many who rise up will just do whatever to get votes from whoever.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Exhibit A would be Edmund Burke's tragic loss in Bristol. This prince among statesmen was rejected by his constituents because he placed Christian conscience on a higher level than immediate commercial interests.

As Exhibit B, I submit that even America's more deistic founders would, on occasion, say their system would fall apart if not maintained by a people of Christian virtue.

To be a politician you have to serve so many people, please so many people, that it's hard to make decisions that strictly support only your views. That is why I believe there won't be a TRUE christian politician because many who rise up will just do whatever to get votes from whoever.

U

UnderGrace

There are many smaller constituencies that are fairly homogeneous... and there have been some on the local level who have been believers.