Christian retired person turned fiction writer whose faith journey has been wide ranging

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wiseracoon

New member
Aug 25, 2021
13
5
3
I am a retired man still married to my first bride. We are past our 40th anniversary. We have adult children and grandchildren.

I worked in the computer industry and my spouse worked as a nurse. We both were involved in farming while growing up. I have also spent some time working with a Christian camp, and for the United States Census Bureau.

Together my spouse and I have explored many faith traditions. We have connected for various lengths of time with several faith traditions and dug into several theological schools from many angles.

I'd like to connect with both like-minded Christians who share my concerns and also with other Christians and non-Christians with whom I can have friendly discussions.

In order to let you know a few of the topics with which I am currently wrestling so you might be able to tell if you fall into the category of like-minded, here are a few...

The differences between ekklesia and the current manifestations of church.

How should Christians be mobilized to advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ as a united front?

How can Christian fellowship evolve in this new normal during and after covid? Can we break away from the forms which have persisted since Christian worship and fellowship began to be tied to edifices?

Can we do a better job following Paul's directions in Ephesians chapter 4? It is not the job of the prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles to build up the Body of Christ. It is their job to equip all of us to build up the Body of Christ. We are all meant to use our spiritual gifts for ministry to one another. The prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles are supposed to equip us to do our job, not do our job for us. (Sorry, I guess I started a rant there.)

The biggest challenges in my Christian life are prayer, doubt, and confusion.

I'm being intentionally vague in order to not broadcast to the world my identity. If individuals are interested in connecting with me on a more personal level, I might let my shields down a bit at that point.

My favorite topics of discussion are fiction writing and fiction in general. My current work in progress is a rehash and recombination of several of my many false starts.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this, my initial self-introduction.
 
I am a retired man still married to my first bride. We are past our 40th anniversary. We have adult children and grandchildren.

I worked in the computer industry and my spouse worked as a nurse. We both were involved in farming while growing up. I have also spent some time working with a Christian camp, and for the United States Census Bureau.

Together my spouse and I have explored many faith traditions. We have connected for various lengths of time with several faith traditions and dug into several theological schools from many angles.

I'd like to connect with both like-minded Christians who share my concerns and also with other Christians and non-Christians with whom I can have friendly discussions.

In order to let you know a few of the topics with which I am currently wrestling so you might be able to tell if you fall into the category of like-minded, here are a few...

The differences between ekklesia and the current manifestations of church.

How should Christians be mobilized to advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ as a united front?

How can Christian fellowship evolve in this new normal during and after covid? Can we break away from the forms which have persisted since Christian worship and fellowship began to be tied to edifices?

Can we do a better job following Paul's directions in Ephesians chapter 4? It is not the job of the prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles to build up the Body of Christ. It is their job to equip all of us to build up the Body of Christ. We are all meant to use our spiritual gifts for ministry to one another. The prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles are supposed to equip us to do our job, not do our job for us. (Sorry, I guess I started a rant there.)

The biggest challenges in my Christian life are prayer, doubt, and confusion.

I'm being intentionally vague in order to not broadcast to the world my identity. If individuals are interested in connecting with me on a more personal level, I might let my shields down a bit at that point.

My favorite topics of discussion are fiction writing and fiction in general. My current work in progress is a rehash and recombination of several of my many false starts.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this, my initial self-introduction.

"Can we do a better job following Paul's directions in Ephesians chapter 4? It is not the job of the prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles to build up the Body of Christ. It is their job to equip all of us to build up the Body of Christ. We are all meant to use our spiritual gifts for ministry to one another. The prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles are supposed to equip us to do our job, not do our job for us. (Sorry, I guess I started a rant there.)"

A fellow retiree agrees 100% with you. It's the one aspect of the Reformation that has stalled, at least in the Western church. China has fewer problems, thanks to the amazing Watchman Nee.
 
welcometocc9p.png



ROMANS5-8s.png


John316s.png



philippians1_6.png



Christmas2020s.png



Philippians2-5-11s.png


Welcome! :)
 
2350_4e13802c_full - Copy (12) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy ...jpg
"Spiritual meaning to life...........ponder these words carefully.
A great void in many lives."
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
I am a retired man still married to my first bride. We are past our 40th anniversary. We have adult children and grandchildren.

I worked in the computer industry and my spouse worked as a nurse. We both were involved in farming while growing up. I have also spent some time working with a Christian camp, and for the United States Census Bureau.

Together my spouse and I have explored many faith traditions. We have connected for various lengths of time with several faith traditions and dug into several theological schools from many angles.

I'd like to connect with both like-minded Christians who share my concerns and also with other Christians and non-Christians with whom I can have friendly discussions.

In order to let you know a few of the topics with which I am currently wrestling so you might be able to tell if you fall into the category of like-minded, here are a few...

The differences between ekklesia and the current manifestations of church.

How should Christians be mobilized to advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ as a united front?

How can Christian fellowship evolve in this new normal during and after covid? Can we break away from the forms which have persisted since Christian worship and fellowship began to be tied to edifices?

Can we do a better job following Paul's directions in Ephesians chapter 4? It is not the job of the prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles to build up the Body of Christ. It is their job to equip all of us to build up the Body of Christ. We are all meant to use our spiritual gifts for ministry to one another. The prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles are supposed to equip us to do our job, not do our job for us. (Sorry, I guess I started a rant there.)

The biggest challenges in my Christian life are prayer, doubt, and confusion.

I'm being intentionally vague in order to not broadcast to the world my identity. If individuals are interested in connecting with me on a more personal level, I might let my shields down a bit at that point.

My favorite topics of discussion are fiction writing and fiction in general. My current work in progress is a rehash and recombination of several of my many false starts.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this, my initial self-introduction.
Welcome ...er ... racoon. Hope you meet folks here who will challenge you intellectually :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade
Nice to meet you and nice that the Lord led you here:) Browse around and hopefully you will find a Thread where you will feel comfortable posing your concerns about doubt, confusion and other ideas. God bless you and your family!