Christian Singles app

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That they share. They could have separate accounts. Married people can also be a lot richer and pay for several. It wouldn't stop them at all.
 
The bill may not even show up a a single site on the statement. Or it could be internet banking, like a deposit or paypal or ping or something like that. Not everyone uses credit cards. Some might use prezzy cards.
 
Bottom line, people lie.

Which is why, again, it should not be treated like a dating app. I would think it would be more a fellowship app, and if peeps want to go in the Noahs Ark direction, that would be something further that they'd need to sign up for, maybe a private thing after they'd gone into a CC app. Of course peeps could just email or phone each other if they wanted - for any reason.

But it should not be the MAIN reason for a Christian singles app. We want fellowship. We just are a bit lonely because there is nobody there living with us who's tied to us. We want to connect with other Christians.

The screening process is basically the intent of it. People don't go on linkedin for no reason. They wanna build their CV and maybe professional networks. Of course there might be scammers on it, just like any site. There is an authorization process. Just as there is on facebook or any other social media site. It just depends on how robust it is. There will be levels (premium) subs if you want more. Or it just may have ads you not interested in. The ads may have no relevance, or they would be algortihms designed to get you to spend etc.

I use a guitar app to tune my guitar. That's it. I'm not interested in anything else. I use whats app to message and talk to people, that I know. That's it. I would use a christian forum or app to connect with other Christians who maybe I can't see in church or live overseas. There's no expectation that I will date them, meet up with them, or marry them.
 
I'm thinking if you want to go potentially overboard on the security and accountability side you could require people to scan in a copy of government issued photo ID to sign up and have them consent to a background check to use the site. Would probably discourage some legitimate people but would be a very robust way to prevent abuse or refer serious issues to a user's local law enforcement.
 
I think the overarching laws of any country are trying to curb the pornography aspect of things. It's there, and sex trafficking does go on, but it would need policing.

For the record I've not put any photos or seen any nudie pictures thank God. I just seem to avoid that scenario, though I have a sixth sense when someones trying it on. It only seems to happen with one-on-one interactions, because that predator certainly wouldn't try it in a public space where everyone else can see. They try to isolate their victims.
 
Criminal checks and police vetting! Something people don't really do or forget about when they just chatting with someone they never met before. It's kind of assumed that you treat everyone at face value when you meet them.

There is the vulnerable children act and laws in some countries and minors are not meant to go online without parent or guardians permission, and not have photos taken of them if they don't want it put on social media.

I think people should learn and know better, and be taught internet safety in schools. We definitely tried to raise the alarm as librarians when internet became common. Access to certain things need to be restricted and age appropriate, and people can't unsee things when they have been traumatised.

Anyway, everyone needs to be vigilant and even more these days, everyones got a camera on their phone, there's CCTV everywhere..everyone's spying on each other lol.
 
Commit all these things to prayer.

Anyway, I'm just going to log off for a bit now as I always get heaps of ideas when people want a new thing. Then I'm on a roll. Somethings I'm not going to ruminate over or worry too much about. The internet can be like the wild west, but its been around for a few decades now, so people should know a bit better now what they are dealing with, and how to design better apps with a good purpose to them.
 
Well cinder and seoulsearch covered most of what I was going to suggest.

All I have left is two observations:
1. Moderating this thing is going to be a BLEEP.
2. There is no way in the entire universe that I am going to be a moderator. Good luck dude.
 
Okay I thought of two suggestions.

1. Make the live chat easy to minimize.
You know how YouTube shrinks down to a tiny window that sits on top of anything else you are doing on your phone? Make your live chat part of your singles app do that. Make it as easy as possible for users to carry on a conversation while they are doing other things with their phones. It will triple user engagement with your app.

2. Record everything, and I mean everything!
If somebody is accused of behaving inappropriately, did they really do it or was somebody butt hurt about being turned down and brought false accusations? You need to be able to produce proof, or legitimately claim that there is no proof. Make sure users know everything is being recorded. Put multiple notifications at multiple points in the app.
 
By the way, you don't need to spend petabytes storing an infinite amount of video. You can take a snapshot of the video feed every 2 seconds, and a text transcription of the audio feed. That should be enough to prove or disprove allegations.

AND/OR

You can have a rolling delete schedule where every recording is deleted x days after it is made. Make it clear to users that they have x days to file a complaint. If they wait longer than x days their chances of getting anything done about an infraction drop severely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Oh I think a great thing for dating apps would be couples based bibles studies to do through the app, so you are learning about each other's beliefs with God in the center of it.

A premium feature for online premarital counseling could be another good one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Dating app or fellowship app?

Assuming a dating app.
Photo verification of user (have new sign ups take a picture of themselves doing a weird or unusual gesture to prove that they are the people they say and catch any banned users who try to return).

Group chats and the ability to report any inappropriate private chats.

Discussion questions / icebreakers to get people talking about interesting personal stories.

If it's at all linked to this site then the ability to easily look up a user's post history to get a better sense of who they are (or at least a place for cc username)
Good suggestions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ciicii
Link to members on this site so randoms don't come on and abuse it.

Also has to have emojis but maybe make them bigger so we can see them better. The emojis on here are tiny!
Not very many either. I prefer the previous reaction icons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ciicii
Thank you so much guys for all of the ideas. I am going to be reading over this more. But I would like to bump the thread in case there's anyone else who would like to contribute ideas or in case you guys who already posted have more ideas!

Here is my original question or task:

Please list all the features that you think the ideal Christian Singles app should have. Feel free to think outside of the box and also cutting edge.
 
Bump... any other input/ideas for all the features and functionality (and even policies and safeguards) of the ideal Christian Singles app, for truly born-again Christian singles in need of Christian singles fellowship (like a church singles group) and who are marriage-minded (or open to marriage if God sends the right one)?
 
I would love to see an app that puts faith before appearance.

Some ideas:

A detailed faith profile where people can share their testimony, how they came to Christ, what their daily walk with God looks like, their church involvement and their core biblical convictions.

A section where users can describe what they are praying for in a future spouse rather than just listing preferences.

Daily Bible verses and devotionals to encourage users to keep Christ at the center.

The option to pray together through the app before meeting in person.

Strong identity verification to reduce fake accounts.

Active moderation to remove scammers and people who are clearly not using the app for genuine Christian fellowship.

Clear expectations that the app is for Christians who are serious about following Christ and are marriage-minded.

No emphasis on superficial swiping. Instead, encourage people to read profiles and get to know one another before making a decision.

Most importantly, I hope the app encourages people to seek God's will above all else. The goal shouldn't simply be to find someone, but to find someone with whom you can faithfully serve Christ together.
 
Bump... any other input/ideas for all the features and functionality (and even policies and safeguards) of the ideal Christian Singles app, for truly born-again Christian singles in need of Christian singles fellowship (like a church singles group) and who are marriage-minded (or open to marriage if God sends the right one)?
Hello RoboOp,

Thank you for offering the service. I'm healing and gradually getting my strength back in spite of challenges.
As the Lord has shown me kindness, I'm trying to pass that forward by contributing in other ways albeit not yet able to financially. I've been offering Nutritional Consultations at my expense and hope to be able to continue when possible.
If you can think of any way to facilitate this one on one or to families, that would help . I wish to protect their privacy so their personal health information is not divulged. I'm not sure if that is possible in this format.
 
One thing that requires frequent sign in now is the chapta security anti-bot ware. Many of my posts have to be copied and pasted (hopefully back to the same format) after writing. When it will not save and post, the system requires me to go through the chapta security again and when I return, the message is incomplete. To correct that, I delete and paste from the clipboard, which sometimes messes up the format. I'm wondering if that's an issue with the new app?