Christian singles... Your take on sincerely waiting on God in prayers to lead you to your spouse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

God still leads His children.
And what are the things you occupy yourself with as a godly single lady or man in your waiting season?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
If I was looking back quite a few years, as a single I would be hanging around my local church or perhaps even a few churches. I would be volunteering at church or at any worthy org such as food banks, hospitals etc.
Also, some churches have different classes offered that I would look into. One friend met her hubby while in a Sunday School class, a few others through dating sites and some through YT chat groups and doing volunteer work.
While I do chores I put on Christian messages to keep building my faith. Prayer is also a major factor and asking God to direct our steps and give us wisdom and whatever else is on our hearts is a blessed thing to start our day with.
You have a cute smile and look and I pray God has the perfect man for you in His perfect timing❣

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Thanks a lot for your words 🙂...
And I reply Amen! to your prayer for me...
I hope Christian singles do not go to a dating site to seek a spouse though 😣... The Holy Spirit is more than enough to guide them aright in this area... Thanks again Ma'am...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

And what are the things you occupy yourself with as a godly single lady or man in your waiting season?
Mostly music, video games and a job.

The "lead to your spouse" part will happen when it happens, if it happens. I'm not going to sit around and wait for it though, and I'm not going to try to make it happen. I'm busy.

Six-year-old: "Mommy do I HAVE to fall in love?"
Mother: "Well... No, you don't have to."
Six-year-old: "Good. I got stuff to do."

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Ok Lynx, the job part yeah, but for the video game part? It's a 'no' on my end... We aren't supposed to you know sit idly waiting for a spouse, that I agree with, but we can and should engage ourselves profitably while doing so, for example, learning a skill, establishing a business or trade no matter how small and working diligently at it, preaching the gospel, fulfilling that unique purpose/purposes for which the Lord has created you for after you have discovered it in the place of prayers, furthering your education, learning profitable new things, e.t.c all these you can do while waiting...

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
And falling in love is a beautiful thing even if I've got stuff to do... Except God has other plans for me, I'm really looking forward to meeting that special someone, sharing my life with Him, and fulfilling God's purpose here on earth for our marriage ☺️❤️... You should too...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ok Lynx, the job part yeah, but for the video game part? It's a 'no' on my end... We aren't supposed to you know sit idly waiting for a spouse, that I agree with, but we can and should engage ourselves profitably while doing so, for example, learning a skill, establishing a business or trade no matter how small and working diligently at it, preaching the gospel, fulfilling that unique purpose/purposes for which the Lord has created you for after you have discovered it in the place of prayers, furthering your education, learning profitable new things, e.t.c all these you can do while waiting...
Well I'm a Pentecostal minister... Does that count? Does that meet your criteria? :unsure:

I didn't say I spend ALL my time playing games, or even MOST of my time. It's actually less than ten percent. (That's why it took me a week to get through Batman: Arkham Asylum, even though it had a trivially short plot and simplistic gameplay.) :rolleyes:

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Ok then... The most important thing is being where God wants you to be and doing what He wants you to do per time i.e @ the center of His will at all times...
Have a blessed day Lynx... 🙂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ok then... The most important thing is being where God wants you to be and doing what He wants you to do per time i.e @ the center of His will at all times...
Have a blessed day Lynx... 🙂
Yup. Right now I'm mostly sitting with Grandma because she's 90. That's where video games come in handy, because you can sit and play games without having to go anywhere.

ChristianChat is handy for exactly the same reason. So is the Skype group chat I'm part of. I can do it all from Grandma's living room.

I'm not getting a whole lot of exercise though... Good thing my job is like a workout routine.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Ok... Say hello to your Grandma for me 🙂... And stay put, right at the centre of God's will...🙂... Enjoy your day/night...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well mostly, singles find jobs
they usually dont have the luxury of waiting around doing nothing before marrying (if they want to get married)
so they get as much training /education as they can for their vocation. This is the calling God wants them to do.

Because each single is different, God will call them to work in things that pleases Him and does the good work that He wants them to do. This can be even more important than being married. For some this is a lifelong endeavour and not something that stops when you marry.

So consider what it is God is calling you to do.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

I should mention this is something people do need to think about. When you do find someone you will share your life with that person. We need to have a life they would want to share.

I know far too many people who basically put their lives on hold, assuming they will begin when they find a spouse. Then they find somebody and realize they don't have a life the person wants to share.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
God actually calls some people to being single, but if not, you can always engage yourself in profitable ventures for God and humanity until your spouse comes, and even after he comes...🙂

Thanks for your words Lanolin 🙂

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Yeah... The more reason to do profitable while waiting on God in the place of prayers... Things for the kingdom of God, and the benefit of humanity...

Thanks 🙂

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Well prayers are essential . But based on answers to those prayers we need to do action too

Abraham sent his servant to find Isaac a wife

Jacob went o his homeland to find a wife

So our actions are to ensure we are where fir wants us to be

May 15, 2022
I am working, serving at church and lately I started going on hikes, I love it! I also try to learn playing some instruments, piano and ukulele, but I don’t really have much time for them.
As a single christian I had good and bad seasons too while praying for the one God has for me. I hear people prophecying how soon the man will comeinto my life, but after many years he is still not here. I learnt that I shouldn’t force it, because I would only cause trouble.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Yes dear, you really shouldn't force it... God settles His children in due time and as He sees fit... Others will get strength and encouragement from your testimony when it eventually happens❤️... Keep faith in God alive ☺️🙇

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

I just live life as best I can. (I'm not in a waiting "season", btw, I'm going through a phase of life, a chapter, a period...). Fortunately I have lots of interests, and my job sometimes kicks my butt. Trying to make friendships (still) here in AZ. I need a social life in general. Had one in NYC, L.A., but not here. Most frustrating.

But, as I endure the loneliness of more than one kind (platonic as well as non-platonic), I just do what I can to keep myself busy.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022

Personally, I'm way more concerned with God's generic leading in my life than I am in him possibly leading me to a girlfriend or a spouse.

Jesus laid down his life for me, and we should be seeking to occupy until he comes or seeking to continue his ministry until he either returns or we die.

Quite frankly, the last thing that I need in my life right now is a woman, and I'm actually perfectly content without one.

What I truly need and desire is to discover what God wants me to do with whatever remaining time I have left here on the earth.