Christian witches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RedPanda

Jan 4, 2020
Are there such thing as Christian witches? From what I learned, the Bible says to stay away from magic, healing crystals and such. That was in Leviticus which was mainly the law for the Israelites to be set apart by God. Does this still apply for today?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @RedPanda, there are people who claim to be "Christian" strippers, "Christian" prostitutes, "Christian" pantheists, etc., so why not "Christian" witches too ;) That said, 'claiming' to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian (even if they truly believe that what they are claiming about being a Christian is true, sadly).

Here are some NT verses that come to mind concerning this (so, what the OT taught appears to be confirmed as still valid by the NT).

Galatians 5
19 The deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 21
8 The cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

God bless you!

~Deut

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello @RedPanda, there are people who claim to be "Christian" strippers, "Christian" prostitutes, "Christian" pantheists, etc., so why not "Christian" witches too ;) That said, claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian (even if they truly believe that what they are claiming is true, sadly).

Here are some NT verses that come to mind concerning this (so, what the OT taught appears to be confirmed as still valid by the NT).

Galatians 5
19 The deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 21
8 The cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

God bless you!

~Deut
Hello @RedPanda, there are people who claim to be "Christian" strippers, "Christian" prostitutes, "Christian" pantheists, etc., so why not "Christian" witches too ;) That said, claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian (even if they truly believe that what they are claiming is true, sadly).

Galatians 5
Revelation 21

God bless you!

~Deut
Well spoken and articulated.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Are there such thing as Christian witches? From what I learned, the Bible says to stay away from magic, healing crystals and such. That was in Leviticus which was mainly the law for the Israelites to be set apart by God. Does this still apply for today?
Witchcraft and other occult types, from the Christian view, are demonic in nature. Thus to engage in witchcraft is to engage with demons. This, clearly, is not just a Leviticus thing to stay away from, but relevant always.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yep, it's in Revelation several times (which is in the New Testament). If you want the references let me know. Are you feeling drawn to that or something?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
No there is no such thing as a Christian witches..

The word of God is truth even in the OT if it has not been rescinded and the call to avoid witchcraft was never rescinded..

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Yep, it's in Revelation several times (which is in the New Testament). If you want the references let me know. Are you feeling drawn to that or something?
A.real Christian shouldn't be involved in witchcraft. Some witches may pretend to be Christians though

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
A.real Christian shouldn't be involved in witchcraft. Some witches may pretend to be Christians though
I realize my post may have been a bit unclear. Being drawn is NOT the same thing as willful participation.
No. light has no fellowship with darkness.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Others have made some fine statements so all I have to ask you Red is this. Can any darkness come from a light? Only those who hide in the shadows the light brings. For light exposes all darkness.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
RedPanda , You also asked a very fine question,does this still apply today? Also please look at something most believers never see as well!! ( Deut 7:25-26!!) Many years ago I went to a carnival and a women came up to me and gave me a so called ring of luck,I brought it into my house,and strange things began to happen.

Example the fridge door would open on its own, books would fall off my shelve. When I found out about this scripture I got rid of that ring,and the house returned to normal. I know!! Sounds like a movie!! LOL But this really did happen! I was a member of a cult before Jesus came into my life,please read my testimony for further information.

I have now been in the Lord for a bit over 35 years now,I know the devil on a personal basic!( John 10:10, and John 8:44) Darkness is about taking a long fall and never hitting the ground,that is peril! I know I took the dive once! When the Lord Jesus himself met me in a mop closet in College,he gave me certain gifts,to help those in bondage, of witchcraft, and of the devil himself. Jesus means everything to me!! For HIM I stay in his will, and how can I do this??? ( 1 Thess 5:18!!) DAILY!! RED!!! Daily!! Blessing to you!

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
There are people who claim to be a Christian Witches. Talk about Jesus with them. Your Testimony. Discuss II Peter 1 and other texts related to holiness.

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as idolatry and teraphim. Because thou hast rejected the word of Jehovah, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Micah 5:12
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Scripture clearly says witchcraft is a a sin.

Acts 19:19
And not a few of them that practised magical arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all; and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.