Christianity: Eastern and Western Perspective

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Sungei Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
Another point is: The two churches I mentioned above were in the same town in the same nation sharing the same culture. You asked about a "disparity" between Eastern and Western Christian churches, while a disparity between the teachings of groups in your own church may be a threat worthy of more attention than hemispherical differences.
Iam glad and thankful to announced here that there is no disparity among the churches here Malaysia. We have a Christian NGO called Council of Churches Malaysia CCM) or National Evangerical Christian Federation (NECF) whereby its members are from leaders of different churches in Malaysia. There is a standard SOP that regulate these churches. So our belief is the same

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Yahweh is a transliteration of the Hebrew letters yod heh vav heh which is the name by which God reveals Himself to Moses at the burning bush in the opening chapters of Exodus. The same name is used of God throughout the Bible. Careful study reveals that Jesus IS God. "Christ" (Greek) means "anointed"; "Messiah" means the same thing in Hebrew.
So now Jesus has a new name, not that I know of and iam sure all Christians in eastern countries as well. Disparity No: 1

You were taught that divorce contradicts "bible teachings". Do you know what the Bible says about divorce, or do you only what you have been taught about what the Bible says about divorce? There is a significant distinction between those two situations.
Disparity No :2

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Strict laws against divorce are a catholic religion tradition.. But Jesus said that divorce was acceptable if a person has committed adultery.. And yes LBGT is sin in most western churches.. There are a few false churches that accept LGBT as being ok..
Kindly quote the bible verse that Jesus said its okay to divorce, thanks

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Another disparity I just noice. A chatter, garee in "Did Moses and Elijah raised from Dead BEFORE Chris" thread claimed that 2 prophets were raised from dead even before Christ. Anyone wish to comment?

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
I will add.. That for most Christians in the west when you say Eastern Christianity they will think of the Eastern Orthodox Church and the number of smaller churches linked to it like the Coptic Church and the Ethiopian church and the Russian Orthodox Church..
For your information, all Christians literature, music, accessories, majority of them comes from USA.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Christ did teach us to be humble and many other things but He also taught us to walk with honor and integrity so that He may be glorified through us. Your focus is pretty narrow if all you have learned from the Word of God is about Humbleness.
Kindly quote whre in the bible hat said this. Honor and integrity is a noble characteristic of a human being. Not only Christians have them, people of other faith also have them. I this case, are ou saying these other faiths also believe in Christ?

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
But the new age movement changed that and interpreted the Bible according to the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving, and there is no personal God which will cause the world to eventually embrace it.

Now the fear and doubt is gone for those who would not embrace the truth, but had fear and doubt concerning the Bible, and those that believed half truth will be persuaded by the new age movement.
Kindly justify

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
Kindly quote whre in the bible hat said this. Honor and integrity is a noble characteristic of a human being. Not only Christians have them, people of other faith also have them. I this case, are ou saying these other faiths also believe in Christ?
i have already given you all of the scripture you need. If you can't see it from those scriptures I can't help with your inability to see it. Your thinking like a Westerner which is actually even more proof of the difference between the Eastern and Western culture.
Christ lived in an Eastern culture, He grew up in an Eastern culture and He was a part of that the Eastern culture of His whole life and when He taught, He spoke to people who knew nothing else except what they have been taught which was a culture of Honor and Shame and even today the culture in the middle East is still a culture of Honor and Shame including in Israel.
"I this case, are ou saying these other faiths also believe in Christ?" Who said anything about other faiths ??? Your just trying to throw a curve ball into the conversation because you know I am right.
Now you've gotten something else wrong. Honor and Shame is not a "Noble characteristic" of a human being. It is a learned behavior taught to people from the time they were born by all religions in the middle East and other geographical areas in the world.
Why??? Because it was their culture.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
i have already given you all of the scripture you need. If you can't see it from those scriptures I can't help with your inability to see it. Your thinking like a Westerner which is actually even more proof of the difference between the Eastern and Western culture.
Christ lived in an Eastern culture, He grew up in an Eastern culture and He was a part of that the Eastern culture of His whole life and when He taught, He spoke to people who knew nothing else except what they have been taught which was a culture of Honor and Shame and even today the culture in the middle East is still a culture of Honor and Shame including in Israel.
"I this case, are ou saying these other faiths also believe in Christ?" Who said anything about other faiths ??? Your just trying to throw a curve ball into the conversation because you know I am right.
Now you've gotten something else wrong. Honor and Shame is not a "Noble characteristic" of a human being. It is a learned behavior taught to people from the time they were born by all religions in the middle East and other geographical areas in the world.
Now I see that after reading other posts that you are actually middle Eastern but you were not raised in the culture of Honor and Shame because you are a Catholic person which would explain your lack of knowledge. Cathalocism stands alone and the teachings of Cathalocism are different then that of the rest of Christiandom. They teach Christ but their fucus is more on Mary then it is on Christ. They believe that we can pry to Mary and other saint for forgivness of sins, for miracles and other needs which is Pagan in nature because there is only one who can give us what we need. Which is Christ only.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Another disparity I just noice. A chatter, garee in "Did Moses and Elijah raised from Dead BEFORE Chris" thread claimed that 2 prophets were raised from dead even before Christ. Anyone wish to comment?
I have been interacting with Garee for many months. Unfortunately, he has a strange way of interpreting Scripture, and his comments are best taken with a grain of salt... or not taken at all.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
So now Jesus has a new name, not that I know of and iam sure all Christians in eastern countries as well. Disparity No: 1
The Name of Jesus is not a disparity. Knowledge about the Name of Jesus might be though.

Also, the way in which individual Christians learn might be a disparity. Some Christians are content with letting preachers tell them what the Bible says. Some aren't and prefer to read it for themselves. On this forum, you'll find more in the latter category.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I borrowed a quote of yours from another thread, as it identifies another disparity:

The Chinese and Hindus believed that their god reside inside the idol. Thats why they pray and offer food stuff, joss sticks, flower at the alter believing that their god will protect them.

I've seen spirits in white cloths without face running out from the idol when I cast hem out in the name of Jesus because the family just believed in Christ and my church need to help to clear the idols away from the house of this newly believed brother..
Many Western Christians don't believe that unclean spirits exist, while belief in the existence of such entities is common among non-Western Christians.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Kindly quote the bible verse that Jesus said its okay to divorce, thanks
Matthew 5: KJV
31 "It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: {32} But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Saving for the cause of fornication means except for the sin of fornication.. Fornication is sex outside of marriage.. So if you are married to a person and they commit fornication ( have sexual relations outside the bounds of that marriage ) then you may divorce them..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
For your information, all Christians literature, music, accessories, majority of them comes from USA.
Maybe so.. But that does not change the fact that the eastern Orthodox churches where started and are based in places like istambul Moscow Addis Abeba and Alexandria egypt.. And most westerners think of them as being eastern Christian churches..

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Excuses

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Maybe so.. But that does not change the fact that the eastern Orthodox churches where started and are based in places like istambul Moscow Addis Abeba and Alexandria egypt.. And most westerners think of them as being eastern Christian churches..
Not maybe. Its 100% confirmed. Unless you don't want to admit it.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Matthew 5: KJV
31 "It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: {32} But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Saving for the cause of fornication means except for the sin of fornication.. Fornication is sex outside of marriage.. So if you are married to a person and they commit fornication ( have sexual relations outside the bounds of that marriage ) then you may divorce them..
Then every Christians will be like USA, having the highest divorce rate and family institution is in shambles.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Not that I know of.:D

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Then every Christians will be like USA, having the highest divorce rate and family institution is in shambles.
You are welcome to believe what you like regarding divorce, but please don't pretend that your position is biblically sound when it clearly is not. Jesus gave one specific situation in which divorce was permissible. Paul gave another. Whether it lines up with what your church teaches or not, that is the biblical truth on the matter.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Not maybe. Its 100% confirmed. Unless you don't want to admit it.
It does not concern me what percentage of Christian stuff comes from the USA.. I don't even know why you brought up the topic.. This thread was never about where Christian media and literature comes from..