One must remember that the term "Christianity" is a rather wide one.
There are Christians who profess faith in Jesus Christ, but don't possess it. They are tares and goats.
Christ will sort out the tares from the wheat, and the goats from the sheep, when He returns.
Matt 13: [SUP]24 [/SUP]He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, [SUP]25 [/SUP]but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds[SUP][a][/SUP] among the wheat and went away. [SUP]26 [/SUP]So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. [SUP]27 [/SUP]And the servants[SUP][b][/SUP] of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’ [SUP]28 [/SUP]He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ [SUP]29 [/SUP]But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. [SUP]30 [/SUP]Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”
I John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
By the way, similar slanders against Christianity are used by atheists. I point them to the millions of deaths that were caused by atheistic regimes such as communistic nations and their leadership.
Regards,
Robert
He did have one reply I think some missed it.Saints, I wrote this post to see and show how Christians react to negative reports,your replys are your heart in the matters at hand. The post is to show how the world sees Christianity not me. I know what a true christian should act like and be doing. When the Lord raised up a prophet to speak to the nation of Israel the prophet was picked by God because he kept his heart pure before God,but the prophet also took the blame of the people as he saw them all to be one people the nation of Israel. They also went into bondage,captivity, etc. Even though they held true to their calling. I am not a prophet but just another brother concerned for the body of Christ. I see these scripture wars in the forums and the name calling and it just grieves the holy spirit so. I do feel the love as I am referred to as satan, pathetic, misinformed, blasphemy, roast in hell was a love note that got warm and fuzzy over. As for my post there is a army of people saying they are Christians who have gone to fight against isis it was on the world news sometime back. Abortion and the clinics should never be, I kinda dated my self there. So let's protest soldiers funerals, or predict the return of Christ on national news and make a fool out of a whole congregation. My point was to show you how the world sees Christianity but also to prove that even in this room there are many that lack. All that I posted has been done in the name of God. The christian God. We know the difference but they don't. So seek the Lord and have him guide you in how to show the love of him to one that is lost. Now to a dress some scripture err. To the ones who said we should pick up arms to fight persecution, please show me that scripture. To the ones that say we have God's blessing to hurt or destroy property because it is against God...saint need the scripture so I can update mine. To hate your enemy... need the update. It's all posted on the replys, I hold no grudge not angry, hurt for Christ sake we all need much prayer saints.
If people want to discuss ISIS, see Hitler and the Nazi's but worse. If you would not fight Hitler you would not fight ISIS.
The truth is most would fight ISIS to the death, because this is just barbaric totalitarian genocide. Unfortunately it is drawing in the young naive youngsters who think life is this ideal of obey or die morality, but have not woken up to the die part is completely in the eye of the beholder who is usually a psychopath, who would kill anyone for any reason.
For those who say we should do nothing, would you watch your family butchered in front of you and just say, God bless you, because that is what these guys are up to, it is this insane.
There are masses of people, christian or non-christian, who would sacrifice themselves by whatever means just to protect their own families and people against islamist-terrorists such as IS. In your eyes they must be the most vile and impious people on earth. I don't agree with that....taking up arms to fight isis in the name of Christ.
Willie,
He did. The blasphemy lies within the word Christianity. What is Christianity? The following of Christ.
Christ created Christianity.
Here's his statement: Christianity, the word derives from to be christ like has been the most offensive religion the world has ever known.
I will restate it: The word Christianity derives from this To Be Christ Like. Christianity has been the most offensive religion the world has ever known.
That's blasphemy. It speaks evil of the way of Christ.
You do know the term "Christians" as stated in Acts 11 was actually a very derogatory name applied to the disciples there.
Jesus never created Christianity, he created followers and then doers of the Word. Paul never called us Christians, he called us sons and daughters of God.
Lay down your christian culture and tradition and pick up your cross.
You People have fallen for the trap. You noticed how the OP had put a Spanner in the works to cause an effect, and now all of you are caught in that ripple, all fighting and arguing amongst yourself. You noticed the OP has not said anything from the original post? He doesn't have to, he said his piece, and leaving you all to fight and to argue. We have to learn people not to get involved in silly squabbles and learn to see what some people are doing on CC.
I'm sorry but I had to say it. I could see a mile off how the OP worded his thread and what the kind of responses he will get. But remember this, what he posted, is by his own thoughts and beliefs and his own initiative. If you do feel that someone is mislead, or stepped back into thinking wrongly or denying Christ or Christianity, or even feel they losing there beliefs and faith to confusion. Rather than contribute to the convo and comments. Pray for them. And pray that God will show them the real truth and for God to give real wisdom in there lives. Problem I see on CC, is people are to quick to point the finger and answer negatively or feel that they have to argue back to try prove a point.
Come on Guys, Do you honestly think this is what God want's from you?
You do know the term "Christians" as stated in Acts 11 was actually a very derogatory name applied to the disciples there.
Jesus never created Christianity, he created followers and then doers of the Word. Paul never called us Christians, he called us sons and daughters of God.
Lay down your christian culture and tradition and pick up your cross.
Paul constantly referred to believers as "in Christ" rather than Christians. But there's not much difference between that phrase and the word Christian.
I personally have no issue with the word Christian and look with suspicion upon those who claim there is something wrong with it. It's almost like a claim that they are the true believers, and everyone else is not. We all realize there are nominal Christians who don't even understand or believe the Christian faith. If they use the word Christian to describe themselves, we can't help that.
I also dislike the whole semantic game that people play with regards to the Trinity. Some insist that we use the word Godhead to describe the Trinity, rather than the word Trinity. It's a ridiculous assertion. I don't change my vocabulary for cultists. The word Trinity defines God's nature as revealed in Scripture adequately. One God yet three Persons. I am not going to use a KJV word to describe a concept. The word itself sounds a little perverted to me.
These semantic arguments are ridiculous.
The people who use them are inconsistent. They use the words Bible, Millennium or Rapture to describe concepts, when none of those words are found in Scripture either.
Another pet peeve I have is Christians who say that they don't believe in studying theology. They might as well say "I don't believe in studying God."
These are just sort of the ignorant cliches that keep getting repeated in the church by people who don't think critically and want to find fault over little things.
My issue is that you can meet anyone today and they claim to be a christian, even if their fruit says there is no way.
You do not need a doctorate in Theology to understand that Biblical truth
I had a palm reader come up to me once and tell me she was a Christian.
I agree we should study to show ourselves approved, but I also find intellectual theologically minded "Christians", tend to be educated beyond their means and dismiss things like the anointing upon people.
Willie
What are you referring to in this -
Even what you quoted here shows his point... that we have adoped a name Jesus never used...
(Have to sign out. Will respond later. Thank you.)
Well, that sure makes it easier. You decided I wasn't theologically sound even before figuring out what I believe. I guess that means proving your position is impossible, but thanks for judging me even before you figured out what I think or believe.Please explain? It may be that your understanding of the covenants of Jewish tradition leaves you with the idea that christians who say their christians and murder people are actually still christians, or that pillaging or conquering other nations in the name of Jesus makes you a christian.. ???
Ha! Wait until you get to the punchline. You just did the same thing all the rest of us did. lolTo say these words shows your ignorance both of the christian faith and of other faiths.
Your statement "hardest religion to understand" again is because you do not even begin to understand the issues at hand.
The first is how evil are evil people or organisations or rulers or countries? If a case can be made to stand for righteousness you can go to war, and kill those who stand in your way, it is an easy case to make. The problem is on the personal front, Jesus spoke of forgiveness, reconciliation but at state or civil level, ruling is the force of the law.
The 2nd level is walking in purity and holiness is very, very difficult. Love is an easy word to speak, but hard to do from your heart because it needs self knowledge and knowledge as to the nature of sin in each one of us.
Unfortunately your condemnation in your words is why there is such ignorance. The faiths and practices christianity replaced where full of sexual immorality and child sacrifice. But because you have lived in a humanist, secular world which is a version of christianity without God, you now judge the hard side of justice and truth as an atheist would talk.