Christians are Judgemental

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

incorporatestreet

So I spoke my opinion on something in another thread and suddenly nobody in the chat wants to talk to me!

Surprise surprise.

I've noticed that in the churches I've gone to, people expect you to be on "church behavior" aka act like you're perfect, and then they go and hit the party scene the next weekend. I've met very few Christians who didn't judge based on how I act at church.

Arent we called to love others? Yet I've found much more acceptance by non-believers for being Christian than I have by Christians for being a sinner.

Why do you think this is?

THANK YOU! I understand completely what youre saying. most of my friends, except a select few, dont believe in god or go to church. i hate how churches have gotten stuck in this routine including worship and in general how the church is ran and how the people act in the church. its like HELLO! WE ARE SINNERS! we need to fall on our faces and cry out to god and thank him for his grace and mercy. church should have spontaneous worship and should be lead by the holy spirit, not be a show for the worship leaders or the pastor. sorry, i got a little off topic. anyway, i agree. lets pray for the church!

I

italiansunset

Its tough being a Christian and doing the right thing cause we know what that is and what doing the right thing should be, but I know how you feel. The fact no one will talk to you doesn't say much about thier faith. We are to love and not judge. Easier said than done. I have been hurt by what I thought should be good abiding and great example setting Christians, but being a Christian myself I know I fall short of the Glory of God and am prone to mess up. The great thing is that there is forgivness and that is a gift we give ourselves and others. I hope you can learn that forgivness sets you free and allows you to accept the goodness of others and forgive their weaknesses. You will learn to grow in Christ if you do. He was afterall the BEST example of this. I will pray for you. Take care of yourself.

I

incorporatestreet

Ive been hurt by churches and people in the church aswell, but i mean, what do you expect? they are people just like you and me. they mess up and make mistakes too, right? i went to a church and i really wanted to get involved there, but no one would ever talk to me. i had them on myspace/facebook and i always had to talk to -them- first. and i thought 'im the one that is coming to your church, shouldnt you be making more of an effort to show me your christian love?' but no one ever did so i left. then god started talking to me about how they are people, ect. he also told me that i needed to stay at my home church. so i listened. but going to the other church really made me realize why the visitors that come, dont stay long. youre right, we need to love and not judge. especially when you havent ever met that person because we dont know what they have been through to get to where they are now. like i said, we need to pray for the people of the churches in every nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.