Christians Are Not Sinners

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
2 things are being said:

1. We identify in Christ which by its connection to Him has us robed in His perfect and sinless righteousness.

2. We still sin because we have yet to achieve this status fully.

Both ideas can coexist.
Justification and sanctification....

Both coexist.

Mar 4, 2020
The only one who will be renounced is you and I do so in the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
is what you said
Yes that’s my prayer.

whatever spirit encourages you to address others like this, is not bearing good fruit
you’re saying bad things about the Holy Spirit now.

I do encourage you to repent of what you said
What’s my sin?

I find the Bible tells us to have nothing to do with someone who causes division and otherwise just argues and believes they have some kind of anointing to curse others
I have no power to curse anyone nor have I attempted to. Perhaps that’s your conscience bearing witness against you.

you have shown exactly who you really are
Yes indeed and I’m proud of who God has made me so far. Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
If you do not have a guilty conscious when you sin and it's brought to your attention, something is wrong.
This raises the question: can there be a Godly sorrow apart from guilt?

P

Polar

People in this thread have asked you point blank if you sin... and it's taken you up until now to finally answer the simple question with a clear and concise way.
Your "argument is purely semantic in nature - you say you not a sinner, yet also say that you do sin!
In my mind, someone that sins IS a sinner.

That our Heavenly Father doesn't "see" our sins that are covered by Christ is important in and of itself. But your conflicting articulation of that reality is more than just a little confusing, lol. Not just to Christians, but I think devastating to unbelievers.

I remember clearly a time decades ago, as a teenager/unbeliever... walking to school one day and cutting through a service station parking lot. There in the back, was a pick-up with it's front end heavily damaged... the grill was pushed up into the engine-well. It collided with great force into something huge.
As, I walked to the rear of the truck, I saw the owner had put two bumper-stickers on each side of the back bumper. They read
"I decided to follow Jesus"

I laugh at you like at laughed that day... the absurdity of the truck owner's "witness" for Jesus was clear to me.
He followed Jesus into a horrible wreckage. I told all the other kids at school that day and boy did we laugh.

Likewise, you point out other people's faults and short-coming with ferocity, while acting just like them. LOL
And you can't seem to comprehend that your witness in that mean-spiritedness, plus your preaching that you're
not a sinner while sinning, is an embarrassment to Christians... and I fear what God feels about it all.

I pray the best for you.
Peace.
oh so you can actually say something and not just put an x.

perhaps one day you will better understand what folks are discussing in this thread

until thing, you are wrong in your conclusion but you will find all I have said in scripture. it's up to the individual to see it in the Bible but it is wise not to attack and say nasty things to someone you really do not know in the least

believe what you want but don't blame me or anyone else for your misunderstanding

the actual conflict is your own twisting of what was said

P

Polar

This raises the question: can there be a Godly sorrow apart from guilt?
well if God does not consider us 'guilty' since our sins are forgiven, I would think the sorrow comes from disappointing God.

guilt...means we are guilty...sorrow means being sad over something

here is a verse that kind of illustrates what I am saying;

For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
II Corinthians 7:10

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Lets clear some things up......

I'll try to word it right..

Does everyone believe in "Justification by faith."

By faith we confess and repent of our sins and Jesus covers us with His righteousness and we are seen as sinless without fault.

Don't read into it more or less.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
well if God does not consider us 'guilty' since our sins are forgiven, I would think the sorrow comes from disappointing God.

guilt...means we are guilty...sorrow means being sad over something

here is a verse that kind of illustrates what I am saying;

For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
II Corinthians 7:10
I was just thinking out loud and that scripture did come to mind. I'm still working through all the implications.

Mar 4, 2020
Yes. 1 Corinthians 9.
So you’re saying Paul wasn’t telling the truth, but instead just making things up to be more relatable to people? I’m pretty sure Paul was absolutely not a liar. That should help you rethink where you seem to be going with that.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
oh so you can actually say something and not just put an x.

perhaps one day you will better understand what folks are discussing in this thread

until thing, you are wrong in your conclusion but you will find all I have said in scripture. it's up to the individual to see it in the Bible but it is wise not to attack and say nasty things to someone you really do not know in the least

believe what you want but don't blame me or anyone else for your misunderstanding

the actual conflict is your own twisting of what was said
Putting an "X" is me merely disagreeing with a poster... engaging in a thread that is filled with people attacking each other, isn't necessary to me.
And you still don't think/see that that IS exactly what you've been doing all through this thread... you attacking other's and then you being attacked back. Sinning, while claiming that you are not a sinner, lol. It's ridiculous...

And then this!
it's up to the individual to see it in the Bible
Is totally unbiblical... it's the Holy Spirit that opens Scripture up to people... and it's up to the person expounding on Scripture to teach clearly.
People, (plural) have misunderstood... you are the one with the issue. And you make it hard for us... and then blame us.
Narcissism is easy to see.

Dec 21, 2020
Does everyone believe in "Justification by faith."

By faith we confess and repent of our sins and Jesus covers us with His righteousness and we are seen as sinless without fault.
Yes. At the moment we believe the gospel, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13), declared righteous (Rom 3:21-22), and all past sins are wiped away. We are born again, declared righteous, and sealed with the Holy Spirit, guaranteeing our salvation (2 Cor 1:22; 5:5; Eph 1:14). Even if you never do another thing for God, you will be saved. A Christian is not working for salvation (his salvation is guaranteed), but for rewards in the future. Christians who have done their best to live for God will receive a rich welcome into the kingdom (2 Pet 1:11). Those who did nothing will be saved only as one escaping through the flames (IE: with nothing).

Christians do sin. All of us. Every single one. And when we do, we are to confess it, and then we are forgiven (1 John 1:9) and the slate is wiped clean again. It's not true that God does not see our sin. He does. There will be a price to pay for unrepentant sin (2 Cor 5:10).

P

Polar

Putting an "X" is me merely disagreeing with a poster... engaging in a thread that is filled with people attacking each other, isn't necessary to me.
And you still don't think/see that that IS exactly what you've been doing all through this thread... you attacking other's and then you being attacked back. Sinning, while claiming that you are not a sinner, lol. It's ridiculous...

And then this!
disingenuous prattle

I know you can't stop so I'll leave you to it ;)

P

Polar

Several places in Scripture refer to believers being “in Christ” (1 Peter 5:14; Philippians 1:1; Romans 8:1). Colossians 3:3 gives a little more insight: “For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” When we come to Christ as broken sinners, He exchanges our sin for His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Through repentance and acceptance of Jesus’ death on our behalf, we are even called His children (John 1:12; Galatians 3:26). God no longer sees our imperfections; He sees the righteousness of His own Son instead (Ephesians 2:13; Hebrews 8:12). Because we are in Christ, God sees Christ’s righteousness covering us. Only “in Christ” is our sin debt cancelled, our relationship with God restored, and our eternity secured (John 3:16–18; 20:31). In Christ, God sees me as a new creation: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
We have peace with God and are counted as righteous before Him (verses 17–21). Rather than seeing my sin, God sees the righteousness of His Son. He sees me as justified, redeemed, sanctified, even glorified (see Romans 8:30).

In Ephesians 1:3–14 we learn some of the ways God sees us in Christ. God “has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places” (verse 3). We are equipped with all we need. We are chosen to “be holy and blameless before [God]” (verse 4). We are seen as holy and blameless because we are in Christ (cf. 2 Corinthians 3:18).
see Got Questions

I chose Got Questions because they word things simply so that anyone should (if they are willing) be able to understand.

I prefer not to argue with scripture. The above is what I believe and what I have said. Ask yourself why some are so against these biblical truths and why they twist what I have said (and what others say).

We should get our understanding from scripture and not our own understanding. To do that, you must renew your minds with the word...in other words, BELIEVE what the word is saying and do not doubt. That is how you can renew your mind.

If you are in disagreement with the above, you have a problem with God. Not with me. The problem is with God. And if you become angry and start saying I am arguing, then you still have a problem. Not with me. With God.

Please note there are now 5 people I have put on ignore so post as you will....that is also your problem since you cannot seem to stop trying to disagree with scripture.

I have stated over and over that God does not see our sin and that is in perfect agreement with scripture. So maybe adjust your ability to simply believe what God Himself states in His Word.

Dec 21, 2020
Ask yourself why some are so against these biblical truths
Nobody is against those biblical truths.

I have stated over and over that God does not see our sin and that is in perfect agreement with scripture.
What scripture says that God does not see our sin? If God does not see our sin, why do we need to ask forgiveness when we do sin (1 John 1:9)?

(You may have me on ignore... If so, that's fine.)

Jan 31, 2021
Your question was that.

You understood well enough to infer the question was a slight against you.
This is hypersensitive delusion. I asked you to clarify the question. I admitted I didn't understand it.

And then went on the offensive.[.QUOTE]
So asking for clarification is being on the offiensive. Why does asking for clarification seem like wanting to fight with you?

You like to argue.
You seem to think asking questions is trying to fight you? Why are you so hypersensitive about questions? Were you offended to be told that your question was garbled.

To other members here. Are there those who post here who also claim Jesus was a mere man born with a sin nature though he chose not to sin?
If this ridiculous comment is about me, then I will add another thing about you: LIAR. I never ever said such garbage.

But you are free to prove me wrong by quoting the post where you find such complete nonsense.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
And I don't answer questions I don't understand. So if you're not interested in clarifying, why bother posting to anyone?
that's complete nonsense
Why don't you dig back to the question I asked clarification for. And then explain what he was asking.

the op has clarified numerous times as have myself and several others
The posted I asked only got hyper-sentive and claimed I was "on the offensive" and "liked to fight". But no explanation of the question.

your posts are tasteless examples of someone who is wrong, might even know it, but refuses to acknowledge they were wrong
Then point out my "wrong".

Anyone can make claims. But proving the claim with actual evidence is a whole other thing.

Where is your evidence?

Jan 31, 2021
When FreeGrace2 starts sounding like the false ones he's come against in the past something's up.
Then put your money where your MOUTH is. Provide actual evidence, or you are a LIAR.

Oct 20, 2022
Then put your money where your MOUTH is. Provide actual evidence, or you are a LIAR.
Besides your rant on this thread page ? As you try to cover what is your hypersensitive reaction to a question pages back that CLEARLY asked if there are members here who argue,teach, Jesus was just a man with a sin nature who chose not to sin?

Overlooking the question though , you go off asking if I'm implying something about you and this forum.

Ignored the actual question. Instead you accused me of not being clear in asking the question you didn't comprehend save to somehow,and God only knows how, to think asking that about heretical teachings as relates to Jesus somehow led your brain to think I was questioning your influence in this community.

Proof? Of instability? Start at page 19. Find your post and move forward.

You're so angry you lash out at your own delusion. That is pathetic.

And you still don't understand my question. Not because it was ever garbled. Rather it appears you feel guilty about something you inferred was in my post about your involvement in this community. That was all you.

My asking,wording, ''Have you members here....'' [''who teach ,believe Jesus was just a man.....''], was the same as asking, ''are there members here....''

But not in your mind.
No.

You went off on a tangent of your own imagination thinking I was accusing you of something?

You are right though in one respect alone.

You demonstrate yourself to be free of grace.

And that's why you sound like the enemies who post their screeds on this forum. Sometimes you're rational. Sometimes not.

Legion!

I don't care if you accept this post. You're a tragedy.