Share how you came to know God from out of your Non-Christian home.
Any prayers you have that you would like to share?
"We all are in this together."
Any prayers you have that you would like to share?
"We all are in this together."
Storm Chaser
I came out of a non christian home, being called by God from the day I was born. I jus didn't kow it till many many years later. I did not know God growing up but I knew of him, also I did not know how to hear or even listen when he spoke to me.
I was a very exceptional child. God gave me the will to question everything I was told and taught. I never took anyones word for anything. I proved everything I was told to know if what I was told was fact or not.
Even as far as questioning what I was taught about fishiing. I was told this type fish bites best on this bait in this lake in this part of the lake, so I tried it to see if it were so. I used different bait, different technique, etc.
I needed to know what was fact and what was not.
God gave me this gift for the soul purpose of trying the spirits later in life to know whether they are of God. I have been given the gift of discerning of spirits and I am very careful in trying them by the Word of God alone.
I can not a do not try any spirit outside of the Word of God.
As a loving, caring Christian man I some times struggle with being able to discern the spirits at so much as a glance, as I desire all to be saved and none lost.
May the LORD give you the answers you are seeking as well as the fellowship you desire.
Here is a thought to ponder... Why does it seem like more christians come from non-christian homes?
In short:
Two things, most generally...
Staying true to God by not compromising and returning to old ways...
Knowing that everytime I don't do something perfectly right, they will use it against me and my proclamation of the Gospel...
I'll have more later tonight, I'd like to study for another hour before I resign from studying for the evening. I will also provide more detail.
I'm crying deeply right now, its hard to see the letters. U see I was just pouring out my heart to the lord because I feel so alone in a house full of people & head games because of who I am & what I beleave in.if I go to far into my situation I would only receive pity & that's not why I came back to Christian. Chat tonight, I don't need pity maybe not even answers & defenantly not meaning to blame anyone.when we are persecuted for his names sake.......but still I am sad, broken lost & so weary....I am almost 60 years old plenty to still learn.no I did not grow up in a Christian home, far from it
.I can trace back 5 generations of German & bask French Jewish. Decent. My mothers mother was among the first wave to leave Germany away from Butler.lots of stories from family, yet not much traditional tteachings.only a few would talk about our heritage. When people would find out anything Luke not doing Christmas, or anything Jewish, my papa would pack us all up & move us to yet another small country place, so few neighbors I'm not sure people now days would call them towns. Now I am old most family has passed on... my eldest brother holds our book of generations but is nowhere to be seen,my only other sibling lives in JAPAN & has suffers much there. Someday we hope to live together again..noother family except for my daughter & her family which I share housing with, they are a young generation & don't. Beleave in any God. They say that to believe ungodly is only for people who cannot cope with the real world, so the Messiah or Messianic. Jew is just not a reality to them.I am in tears for them.when I heard the Messiah. Had come & gone I was so sad, then I really found our lord & all his promises to sastain us plus his promise to return,and so much more.I do feel gyiltty for not being stronger during times like tonight, so many suffer greater tragedys than I do.yet if you could add an old & sometimes foolish woman to your prayers. It would please me much. If anyone has read all of my rambling, thank, you.love from a sister using alot of tissues ...
my parents were and probably still are nonChristians and I became a Christian after my mum conducted a seance and we asked if there was really such a thing as God and the demon said yes and so began my two year search for who God really is knowing full well I had been utterly disobedient to Him and deserved to be destroyed..I discovered that only through Jesus would I receive God's love and forgiveness for my sins and I learned the truth that Jesus is God..my two sisters became false converts..saying that they believed in Jesus too and attending church and even becoming leaders but do not bear the fruit of love in their lives..I have been a follower of Christ since I was fourteen and that was thirty three years ago and nothing else compares with belonging to God through Jesus
as a teen in a non christian home I had to show Christs love to my family..be obedient to my parents which I did reasonably well except I was not always as neat and tidy as I should have and could have been..when I left home I became more enthused for the Lord and loved to listen to Christian music which my mum couldnt stand so I told her we could probably never live happily together and recently we went on a holiday together and she could not stand for me to mention anything about God..it is best that Christians and nonChristians do not live together
Non Christian home...
Found Jesus at the public park at age 5.
I went there alone looking for apples to eat off the tree,
and to play on the swings.
I saw people pulling up in nice cars to the recreation center, because they were all dressed up,
I asked if I could go to the party...hoping there was going to be food.
They invited me to church, fed me cookies and juice.
The food brought me back the first few times...the love of Jesus kept me wanting to go.
The day I found Jesus...I found hope.
My world at that point was pretty dark.
Thank you Jesus for Your Lovingkindness!
I came from a devout mother and non-believing father. The struggles were always present, both overtly and subtly. I'm working with the youth group in my church, in hopes to help others who have similar struggles.
I came from a non-christian family. Never touched a Bible until I was 15, but by that time I had already began a journey with Wicca. I knew that there was a spiritual realm...I knew and was sensitive to the fact that there was definitely good and evil.
A girl took a chance on me in HS and invited me to her birthday party. At that party was members of her youth group, and I was invited to church the next day. I took it upon myself to prove them wrong and their pastorLuckily God knew EXACTLY what he was doing when He set up this divine appointment. The youth pastor was VERY well versed in apologetics and VERY patient, persistent, and filled with God's love. It took 3 years, but I finally could not deny making a decision for The Lord any longer.
My family called me a "Holy Roller" simply because I attended church. My mother to this day remains unsaved and very hateful towards God. My sister will not confess the Lord as savior because then she would have to change her behavior/life style. She is not willing. They were my only family. I moved out at 17 and never went back. To this day even with my mother terminally ill, it is impossible to have her living with us.
My boys are believers (I have 2) and I have a wonderful husband that Loves the Lord.
A lot of "Christian" homes aren't Christian.
As well as probably to confound the world's wisdom.
Buddhism, has been the 'official' religion especially for the chinese race/community for more than 2,000 years. When someone in the family accepted Christ, it was chaos in the family. Due to the fact that the chinese are very traditional and old fashioned thinking, they consider having other different religion as rebellious and bring shame on the family. Some were disowned by the family, while some are threaten/prevent to go to church by their family. There are some even killed by their own family members when insist to go.
I thanked my lord that this was NOT happened to me because of His miraculous works in my family. My dad has gone against tradition to accept me being a christian even though he is not. Therefore, i treasure my salvation very much.
I sometimes got in trouble when i was younger for praying and was told "only stupid people pray".
As grown up I pray every day but with my soul.
I dont say the words out loud and I dont even put my hands together, but I do pray and I pray a lot.