Christians on Base Jumpers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rudimental
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Personally I would hate to stand before God and have to explain all the people that might go to hell because I wasn't there to witness to them after I cut my own life short. We will all die one day I just hope it is not because of a bad choice I made, sin or not.

And then there is always the possibility of living with severe deformities/pain.
 
The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Hallelujah! \:D/ Amen, brother Sikander! I love that scripture so much I made it into a song called "The Lord is Your Keeper" for my kids when they were little. :D
 
God doesn't want us to be mindless robots. He wants to, among other things, enjoy life!
I know some Christian base jumpers. They are devout. Just because you do something you have a skill in and enjoy, that doesn't mean you're serving yourself. Gee I guess you don't even play baseball because that would be so self serving... unless it was for charity of course.
Really? You know some "devout Christians" that are "illegal base jumpers"? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? So they are devout Christians, yet they break the law of the land and put their life and other peoples lives at risk of death unnecessarily and selfishly. And they are devout Christians? Think about what you are saying to me.

If you really do then, get them on here I want to speak to them! Sorry, but I fail to believe that tbh. And I would like to know what your definition of "devout" is. Because I can't see any very devout Christian testing God in this way..

Sorry but no way José. If so then get them on here for me to talk to!

Yes we all need hobbies and like to do things for fun. But there's doing things for fun and putting your life in the hands of a parachute opening correctly and hoping that people don't have to scrape up your body for your failed selfish wants.

I'm not talking about doing an organized professional skydive for charity. I'm talking about people that do illegal base jumping from the tops of tall buildings.

I see where you're coming from but its not the point I'm making. I'm not saying that people should act like robots and not do things because they are good at them and they enjoy doing it. That wouldn't be right. We're humans and we have free will and can choose to do anything that God has provided but where do you draw the line?

Yes, God gives people skills in different things or they learn it and pick that skill up. Like parachuting or baseball. But when you play baseball there isn't that same exceedingly high risk of death like there is with base jumping illegally from tall buildings. Also, you are now breaking the law of the land for starters whilst putting your life and other lives at risk at the same time.

Are you saying then that people should be allowed to base jump illegally from tall buildings then? You think we should legalize it? What about the base jumper that dies without coming to know Christ? His soul is potentially eternally damned forever because we allowed it to happen?

We must share this message with people that do illegal base jumping. It is eternally important that they come to know Christ. That they get the chance to decide for their selves what is important after hearing and receiving the news. Apart from the message of Christ, we need to educate people to the selfish dangers of illegal base jumping. Do you concur?
But of course saving money is selfish, unless of course you donate it to charity.
Here I don't appreciate your undertone to be honest brother but I'm sure you're heart is in the right place. Or maybe I'm hearing you wrong but that's the tone I get anyway. If so I don't appreciate being talked to like I'm a fool but if I'm wrong there than I apologize but that's just how it sounds. Again if I'm wrong there then I'm sorry but, yeah. Why is saving money selfish? As long as you tithe then the rest is yours to keep. Even though it really belongs to God. Do you tithe every Sunday at church Ricky? Do you give the 1 third that The Lord asks and requires from you? Are you scoffing at that? Good men lives to their means. How many times have you put your change in the charity box when you pop to the shops? And how many homeless people have you shown love and given a hot meal or some food and a blanket? Do you go home and have a bath and a hot meal and give thanks to God for this every night in prayer and supplication? Or do you drive to a poor neighborhood and try to find souls to save by delivering the message of Christ and hope to them? If you answered no to those last few questions then you really shouldn't be talking about charity bro.

I don't see anything wrong with it. People break their necks in sports and hobbies all the time. The "what if" factor in base jumping might be scarier than most other activities, but base jumpers aren't dying in record numbers. The same thing would happen to a commercial pilot if the electronics/engine of the plane failed.
You don't see anything wrong with illegally climbing the top of a high building or crane on a construction site and jumping off and unselfishly putting your life other peoples lives at risk at the same time?

Who are these people that break their necks in sport all the time? How many times are you talking about per year exactly? I don't think I can recall one from memory myself. What are their names and what sports or hobbies were they playing/doing and how did these injuries occur? Can you provide these details/statistics to me?

Yes, base jumpers aren't dying in record numbers. But I'm just trying to get a message out to them before they do. They are potentially damning their souls to hell for ever. For if a man dies before He has come to know and accept Christ then that mans soul is potentially lost for ever no? YES.

Do ya'll see what I'm saying now? :)

Now, THERE'S really something to look forward to...... Do you notice that the hand holding the spoon is too young to be hers? No thanks.
Proverbs 23:22 Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
What do you mean no thanks? No thanks to God for everything?? Yo do come across as very self righteous sometimes bro. Learn to embrace your future not despise it. Learn to give thanks to God for EVERYTHING!
icon14.png

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
(Matthew 4: 5-7 / NIV)
Thanks for quoting that, I wondered when someone would. Yes indeed, these people are putting God to the test. Even if they don't know it unnecessarily. Kaycie has hit the nail on the head. The story of the bear is perfect. We give God prayers for our protection. But He also gives us common sense to set up camp far away from outside of the bears cave. God can and will restore all. But He doesn't want us to test Him by thinking that as long as we believe in Him and His protection we wont get shredded by the bear. It's a bear, it's what it does.

In the same way, people that do illegal base jumping are not only breaking the law which is a direct sin to God. But they are putting their life at risk and other people's too unselfishly.

Why are some of you defending them?

I see the point some of you are making. We could walk out of our house tomorrow and a random gust of wind could dislodge one of those heavy tiles and its game over. Yes life carries lots of risks in the things we must do and the things we do for fun. But like the point CRC made about David and the drink of water. Life is precious to God, we must not test God by putting our lives at risk purely for our OWN reasons.

Sure, have hobbies and do things to unwind too whatever. But don't do illegal base jumping.

That's all I'm saying.

Thanks for reading and hope to get my message across.

I believe that God has inspired me to do so on these public online Christian forums.

God bless us and thanks.
 
Who specified illegal base jumping? There are legal ways to do it. And there are christian ways to do it too. Rudimental why do you keep stressing illegal base jumping?
 
That is an entirely different thing. satan was testing the Lord, not saying hey God let's have some fun and recreation.

So I guess you would call russian roulette 'fun and recreation' too.

I'm not so sure. God does know how long we will live, but that doesn't mean He's setting the date. Just like if you see two trains headed at each other, you know they're going to crash. But that doesn't mean you make it happen.

A lot of what people think is an 'act of God' is really just poop happening.

Like this last post of yours. :p
 
I'm not going to argue with you, but I would suggest that you find some fun and recreation of any form. You sound like you really need it. De-stress a little, then we'll talk.
 
Who's arguing? Just making my point. Sorry if it is a bitter pills to swallow. I said God bless. :D

I guess I felt more strongly about it than I thought I did. :)

Rudi.
 
I like to poke hornets nests with a stick and then run.
Reminds me of my childhood when me and my brothers would lob stones and sticks at wasps nest holes and make them go wild! I can't tell you the amount of times I got stung. Used to end up with wasps in our clothes and everywhere! We'd end up whacking each other with the sticks just to get em off! ><
 
Hmm... yes, I got the impression that was a favorite pastime of yours. ^.^

So Rudimental, you never did answer the question: Why do you keep focusing on the ILLEGAL base jumping? It's almost as though you're not even aware there is legal base jumping.
 
BASEjumpersleapfromanalpinecliffint.jpg
It helps to know Jesus when someone jumps off a perfectly stable high platform of any type and falls to the Earth at top speeds. Just in case the thrill ends in a splat.
 
Honestly, the most dangerous thing you can do is ride in a car.

That's why I ask for your prayers every time I travel (as I am doing now).

And not that I legally jump off high places, but if I did it wouldn't be to test God. I've got the 405 freeway for that ;)
 
Hmm... yes, I got the impression that was a favorite pastime of yours. ^.^

So Rudimental, you never did answer the question: Why do you keep focusing on the ILLEGAL base jumping? It's almost as though you're not even aware there is legal base jumping.

Really? How am I to take that? I was like 5 years old man..

I was about 5, I grew up on a rough estate in my older brothers footsteps and had to put up with stick from the people they had fights with or whatever in the past as I used to walk to school or the bus stop. My dad wasn't around much as he was in the forces and I never had a lot of "privileges" when I was growing up. Still I give thanks to God for my mother who would always try and fix us a hot meal to eat and make sure we had new clothes to wear. I was 5 years old and living in my older brothers shadows. When you're bored growing up in the cusp of the 80's before Super Mario was a plumber before Sonic was still just a hedgehog. When you're about 5 years old, these are the things that boys will do. You never done anything like that as a kid? Climbing trees collecting conkers? Going scrumping for plums? Snake hunting? You've not lived man! :p lol I'd even go so far to say they was the best days of my life and I give God thanks to them for all that I learned through them and because they made me what I am today. A complete space cadet lol I joke.

Anyway of course I'm aware there is legal base jumping. Almost always though most base jumping is illegal. The risk to pedestrian or traffic is too great. Otherwise permission is granted for parties to do it for a strict particular reason. Even though lots of places do allow legal jumps. My gripe is with those people that do illegal base jumping without coming to know Christ first. These are people that think that life can offer nothing better than the thrill or adrenaline rush that is provided when they "illegally" do it. The rush of doing it alone (legally) is often enough for most people but some like to do it illegally because that provides even more of a buzz to them and is the other 50% of the reason why they do it.

I guess its a shame? That they don't know or might not come to know that there is much more thrill in getting someone to come to know and accept Christ. Even in Heaven there is much joy amongst the angels when they do.

All I was asking is what your opinion is on these people as a Christ knowing, Christ loving Christian. I wasn't demonizing anything. It's not my place to do so. But I was curious to just ask other Christians on this what is clearly a very sensitive subject amongst people that I and others feel more strongly about than we thought. It's only talking about it that it's brought up such feelings and questions about doing it.

I realize the Christian should be bold and confident in God and his trust in God in and about their daily life. I realize that people do crazy wild things for kicks and that people always will such is the nature of the human soul. I believe God made us able to eternally create new things to do so that we'll never get bored. Not that we would ever get bored in His presence anyway. By then, we would be far far too wrapped up in Him to even think about exercising our new powers.

To be honest, I can't believe that you are taking this subject so lightly. I think we should as Christians, take the subject of illegal base jumpers more seriously. After all, their very soul could depend on it. Like others have said in this thread in their replies if you will read them, even what AngelFrog has just said; There is nothing more important to a persons life than coming to know Christ before your demise. If a man is to die illegally base jumping before coming to know Christ or at least, before being given the chance to accept or reject Him (even though God knows where every man is at as far as He is concerned). Then that man will have to possibly face eternal condemnation, shame and regret at not coming to know Christ before dying because of his own "wants" and "lusts" to stare death in the face and test it.

And what about those crazy Russian Ukrainians that climb to the end of a crane and hang off by one hand with no safety harness? Would any Christian do something like this? I think yes lol but that is just people for you we're crazy and we love it more than we love Holiness. JMHO.
[video=youtube;VK_sgbeWlRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_sgbeWlRw[/video]
 
Last edited:
There's recreation... then there's stupidity. The difference is in training and skill making... and legality.
 
I think that if you want to jump off tall buildings...

you should have a special bank account to pay for the cleanup when you land badly.



Other than that... I guess it's not my business how hard you want to hurl yourself at the ground.

: )
 
Except when these base jumpers perform this kind of stunt in major cities off tall buildings. Then they stand the chance of landing on innocent people, cars, buses, etc... They put people at risk of major injury or even death. So that not only the failed base jump kills that jumper but it stands to kill others too.

That's why I think city base jumpers should be put in prison for a minimum of 1 year when they're caught in the act. Risk should have to assume serious consequences before that risk a jumper is willing to take causes others to suffer consequences they hadn't signed up for.
 
Not so hard to see where it's all going...

[video=youtube;jNa5dcLccS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNa5dcLccS4[/video]

Quest to impress: Social media thrill-seekers’ high price for ‘likes’ (PHOTOS) — RT News

Honestly, they die all the time. Do I think the nanny state should put them all in jail for years every time they attempt a stunt? No, I don't.

But I do think jumping off a cliff and finding yourself before God means a lot of explaining as to why you didn't use the life you were given for something less foolish and more productive.


And what about those crazy Russian Ukrainians that climb to the end of a crane and hang off by one hand with no safety harness?