Christian's Religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 12, 2013
Dear Christian's and others; do you believe in Yahweh (God)? Even Jesus? Do you believe in the trinity of them with the Holy spirit? Do you follow Christian religion? Such as a Presbyterian, Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. Well... through my years once I was saved, I began to read the word of Yahweh in the Holy bible, and I let him in my spirit that he has given to me to have his understanding and not understandings of my own. Then as I was around different churches, I found out so many of them don't believe in Jesus, so many don't even follow the same beliefs and actually they become contradicting how someone understand the parts of the same version of the Holy bible. The Lord was showing me it's not how it should be. I didn't really focus and believe on what a preacher preached, or how someone else taught me, but I let the Lord teach me and know what to believe. I've learned, church is not a place, it is the saved people of God as 1 to be "the church." And all religions, even Christianity is all of human beliefs and understandings, and not straight from God. By that, Christianity has been separated about God in different ways by contradicting and false believes about him. There is only one truth. So if all us are Christian's living with God, why aren't we following the same beliefs and understanding God the same way how he teaches to be? Religion is mostly living in works, beliefs, and it's not following God, but human beliefs. So much of it can be true, but never completely. And God is not a religion, he is a spiritual being as a saved Christian is a spiritual being of God. We were told to have fellowship with the church, he never said to make a building, call it the church and keep meeting there at the same time on a weekly basis. So, I see life living in two ways; following the truth, or living life in vain and what's wrong even if it's not in sin all the time. I look to the Lord and take him at his word that he gives me understanding, not just believe what a religion or what others say about God and how they teach by his words. The Lord told us there will be many false Christian's/prophets/etc. Religion greatly does that. It's fine to disagree if you like or agree. I just wanted to share something important in life that Yahweh taught me.

Last edited:
U

Ugly

Wall of text.... so i didn't read the whole thing.

But Mormon and Catholic are Not Christian.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
So meet outside, or meet on a day that's not Sunday. I'm not sure what your point is...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Growth in the grace of our Lord Jesus does take time.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
(Act 2:42)

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
(Act 2:46)

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Dear Xethea,

Thanks for your genuine and excellent message. God is a living God and not a religion. I hope you continue to trust him and fellowship with him and that he guides you into all truth and a life of love in Him.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013

How can you say that? What if they believe that Jesus died to save them from their sins? Just because they believe different doctrinal beliefs doesn't mean they don't believe that Jesus is their Savior and they have repented and asked forgiveness... So I just wondered how you can say they are not Christians?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
As a 'theology' it is not Christian. As to what's in every believer's heart, that's between them and God. Even though the Mormon doctrine is a false one, I know there are Mormons who are saved. Same with the Catholics. They add to scripture, though scripture does indeed get written upon some hearts.

While a group typically earns it's stereotype, any individual with in group can exist outside that.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
As a 'theology' it is not Christian. As to what's in every believer's heart, that's between them and God. Even though the Mormon doctrine is a false one, I know there are Mormons who are saved. Same with the Catholics. They add to scripture, though scripture does indeed get written upon some hearts.

While a group typically earns it's stereotype, any individual with in group can exist outside that.
If they are holding to Mormon doctrine then they have another Jesus and by the Word's standards aren't saved.
One will say, 'how can you judge that?'.
Well the burden of proof is on the one judging them saved going contrary to the light of Scripture.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
If they are holding to Mormon doctrine then they have another Jesus and by the Word's standards aren't saved.
One will say, 'how can you judge that?'.
Well the burden of proof is on the one judging them saved going contrary to the light of Scripture.
So I am just trying to understand here - If a Mormon is living up to the truth and light that they have been given, they have accepted Jesus as their Savior and they replicate a life like Jesus, treating people with love and kindness you think they still aren't saved?

K

Kaycie

I appreciate your honest thoughts. And you're right- God's church is not a building but a people. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with meeting in a building or house to get out of the rain and snow. And most religions are wrong because the bible says there is only one church. This is why we need the bible- to see which church (group of believers) matches the bible. And God does give us understanding- otherwise He wouldn't encourage us to ask, seek, and knock for it. But anyone can have this understanding because God shows no favoritism, and because the bible says there is no private interpretation. There is no one person who is blessed in interpreting what it says, and no one else can get it unless that person tells them. No, the bible answers itself. If you have a question in one area, you can find the answer in another area, and it fits together perfectly like a puzzle. Anyone with an open mind and a humble heart who is willing to study can have God bless them with understanding. Just keep in mind that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will not be separated. I've had people say they received an understanding that went against the teachings of Christ. The Spirit and the Word work together- you can never have one without the other. When you have that ah-ha moment of understanding, make sure it matches the truth in God's Word. I have studied many religions myself and only found the Church of Christ to match the bible. You seem like a good egg. Keep on searching God's Word and He will guide you into all truth.

Feb 7, 2013
Dear Christian's and others; do you believe in Yahweh (God)? Even Jesus? Do you believe in the trinity of them with the Holy spirit? Do you follow Christian religion? Such as a Presbyterian, Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. Well... through my years once I was saved, I began to read the word of Yahweh in the Holy bible, and I let him in my spirit that he has given to me to have his understanding and not understandings of my own. Then as I was around different churches, I found out so many of them don't believe in Jesus, so many don't even follow the same beliefs and actually they become contradicting how someone understand the parts of the same version of the Holy bible. The Lord was showing me it's not how it should be. I didn't really focus and believe on what a preacher preached, or how someone else taught me, but I let the Lord teach me and know what to believe. I've learned, church is not a place, it is the saved people of God as 1 to be "the church." And all religions, even Christianity is all of human beliefs and understandings, and not straight from God. By that, Christianity has been separated about God in different ways by contradicting and false believes about him. There is only one truth. So if all us are Christian's living with God, why aren't we following the same beliefs and understanding God the same way how he teaches to be? Religion is mostly living in works, beliefs, and it's not following God, but human beliefs. So much of it can be true, but never completely. And God is not a religion, he is a spiritual being as a saved Christian is a spiritual being of God. We were told to have fellowship with the church, he never said to make a building, call it the church and keep meeting there at the same time on a weekly basis. So, I see life living in two ways; following the truth, or living life in vain and what's wrong even if it's not in sin all the time. I look to the Lord and take him at his word that he gives me understanding, not just believe what a religion or what others say about God and how they teach by his words. The Lord told us there will be many false Christian's/prophets/etc. Religion greatly does that. It's fine to disagree if you like or agree. I just wanted to share something important in life that Yahweh taught me.
Please keep up the Good work, by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT our Teacher and our LORD JESUS CHRIST. JESUS said that 'the HOLY SPIRIT does not work on HIS own. HE will only tell you what HE says'. It will be all in related to the HOLY BIBLE Spiritual sound doctrine.

You are being taught by the HOLY SPIRIT to learn to understand the HOLY BIBLE as whole/sound doctrine in Spiritual knowledge of above to those who have been born from above. Please do not be surprised, if you might be on your own in your believe and sharing witnessing LORD JESUS CHRIST in whole to others.

Please remember this words then, written in the book of Proverbs;

"It is dangerous to be concern about what others think of you. Trust the LORD (JESUS CHRIST) and you will be safe."
Please also then, remember the LORD JESUS CHRIST taught us in the Gospel of Luke to forgive them, pray for them and ask GOD to bless them, when they treat you badly for doing right but LORD have said in HIS beatitudes;

"Blessed are you who are treated badly for righteousness sake."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Chris·tian
ˈkrisCHən/
adjective
adjective: Christian

of, relating to, or professing Christianity or its teachings.
    "the Christian Church"

• informal
      having or showing qualities associated with Christians, especially those of decency, kindness, and fairness.

noun
noun: Christian; plural noun: Christians

a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

This is the definition of a Christian according to google, but to me this just sounds like the religion not actually being one. Anybody can call themselves a Christian can read the bible can be baptized can try to follow his teachings yet still have no idea who God is or what it really means to be a Christian.

What sets a Christian apart from other religions is the relationship they have with God not how obedient they are or how much they sacrifice or how well they keep the traditions. In fact its the love for God and with God that truly defines a person as a Christian, you can tell who truly belongs to God by the love they produce in their words and actions not by how obedient they are or how much knowledge and scripture they know. I have seen babes in Christ being more mature and more full of love than others who have been saved for forty years.

Why is that?

Mar 28, 2014
So I am just trying to understand here - If a Mormon is living up to the truth and light that they have been given, they have accepted Jesus as their Savior and they replicate a life like Jesus, treating people with love and kindness you think they still aren't saved?
If he confess that God came in the flesh I don't know if he would still be a mormon....
Jesus is the only way to the Father ...do you know of another way?...You cannot reject Christ's teachings,create your own rules and expect to be saved by him.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If they went through all that they wouldn't be a Mormon. We are not saved by our good works but by the blood of Jesus. If they are born again, then they have God's Spirit and when confronted with the truth of Scripture on who Jesus is compared to the Book of Mormon their spirit will reject Mormon's teaching.

J

JesusIsAll

If they went through all that they wouldn't be a Mormon. We are not saved by our good works but by the blood of Jesus. If they are born again, then they have God's Spirit and when confronted with the truth of Scripture on who Jesus is compared to the Book of Mormon their spirit will reject Mormon's teaching.
This is also something I had to conclude about cults that reject clear Bible teaching, to me the question how long can a person believe the lies and fables, which only the Lord knows, but,

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When Christ's full deity is denied, or when doctrines are added to scripture that are not the same as that of the prophets and apostles, or prophecy is being added to, forbidden in Revelation, when it's verified some of these cult founding "prophets" prophesied lies, on and on and on, the question has to become, at some point: is the Holy Spirit a failure to guide these people into all truth? My vote is I think not.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This is also something I had to conclude about cults that reject clear Bible teaching, to me the question how long can a person believe the lies and fables, which only the Lord knows, but,

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When Christ's full deity is denied, or when doctrines are added to scripture that are not the same as that of the prophets and apostles, or prophecy is being added to, forbidden in Revelation, when it's verified some of these cult founding "prophets" prophesied lies, on and on and on, the question has to become, at some point: is the Holy Spirit a failure to guide these people into all truth? My vote is I think not.
I would add...

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(2Jn 1:9-10)

J

JesusIsAll

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(2Jn 1:9-10)
Such verses the bane of all the ecumenicals and those who'd have us all agree, lest somebody's delicate, apostatizing ego suffer.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

By the standards that you set, exactly, what denomination is Christian? Inquiring minds want to know. In my estimation a Christian is a person that mirrors Christ in thought and action. By that biblical standard I have met very few Christians in my life. I am just grateful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and changed my life in a direction leading to His perfection. This may not come in my lifetime but assuredly, it will come. While God's standard is perfection He understands our weaknesses and will help us to overcome these. What does not kill us will only make us stronger. The measure that I use for others is the measure that God will use for me. It is best to be wise in all things.

Jan 6, 2014
I have come to realize that all can not be right, so all must be wrong. "Let God be true and every man a liar." St Paul circa 60ad.

Feb 7, 2013
I have come to realize that all can not be right, so all must be wrong. "Let God be true and every man a liar." St Paul circa 60ad.
Yet St. Paul, was a born again man, and GOD and CHRIST lived in him through the HOLY SPIRIT, who taught and guided him and was true in him and through him and lived 'to serve and not to be served' and proven worthy of witnessing.

If St. Paul would have continued in carnal/flesh living, he would have been a millionaire through the churches income, as similarly like the vatican establishment until today. This example of vatican is not being used to discriminate but truly born again to learn a valuable lesson, to 'abide' themselves according to the New Covenant by the HELP of the HOLY SPIRIT.