Christians response to gay marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
update in CA at our elementary school a Kindergartener is being raised as Transgender. I'm sure it was the child's choice(t.i.c)
My comment was "most" people.

Oct 15, 2022
Homosexuality and lesbians is a abomination in Gods eyes, God hates sodomy and perversion. I will not sugar coat God's word for anyone. Satan has some people going down blind road to hell. Second Corinthians 4:3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost; 4:4. In whom god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ, should shine unto them. APISTOS in Greek means = the unbelievers. Satan strives to keep men lost by blinding the minds of people. The bible teaches us that broad is the way, that leads destruction, and many there be which go in there, Matthew 7:13. Sodomy, adultery, druggies, drunkards, sowing discord, plotting evil, Pride, bribery, habitual lying, witchcraft, idol worship, occult, all leads to Hell. Understand this. Their walking in the flesh. You must walk in the spirit to enter kingdom of God. You need the holy spirit. Many people have spirit of stupor. Theirs repentance for sins to God. God can read your mind. Whether your sincere or trying to con Him. I'm not judging anyone. How do get wisdom and knowledge? James chapter 1, Ask God for wisdom and knowledge. Some people have spirit of slumber for their protection. Its between you and God if He gives you spirtual sight, eyes to see, and ears to hear. I'm servant of God, I plant seeds for my Master. Jesus. And theirs one member on this chat forum who is following me around. And leaving negative comments, trying to sow discord !!. This member is acting on hatred. This demonic, of satan.

Apr 15, 2022
Well, all that I have to say is that I have four sisters, and all of them are divorced and "remarried".

I did not attend any of their second "weddings" because, according to my understanding of God's word, none of their divorces had Biblical cause, and therefore all of their second "marriages" constitute adultery in God's sight.

Whatever happened to grace? Didn't the Lord take you as you were and forgave all your sins? Don't you know that sin is lodged within your heart whether you know it or not, and the Holy Spirit is actively working to cleanse you and to present you like a pure virgin when you pass? So, who made you a judge of your sisters' choice to divorce their husbands? If you are operating under the law, you are guilty of breaking the law for sitting on the chair of Moses as both a judge and a condemner of their actions.

Shameful!

Walkingman

Oct 31, 2022

The meme asks a qestion; here are some responses:

"If you don’t attend, you should question calling yourself “Christian” - it seems pretty hypocritical. If we wish to be loved unconditionally - we must also love unconditionally. I cannot imagine abandoning my daughter on her wedding day."

"I’m being IN the wedding "

"We are called to “love” as Christians, we’re not called reject others. "

"I’ll be walking her down the aisle!!!!"

"I wish this wasn’t even a debate. Not only would I attend I would help her plan and support them both!"

"Yes, I will. Just because we don't Sin the same, it makes neither of us better or worse than the next person. "

Many of these comments are said by those who profess to be Christians. Is it true, and is it biblical? Are these responses in line with what God said?

I would like to know what would be your biblical response to this meme. Please support your answer with scripture. Not opinions.

I could have sworn someone asked for a joke in the opening post. I was hoping this was it, but NO! Someone has to pontificate some politically correct fable. Propaganda. Many in the LGBTQIAY+ activist group somehow interpret Christ's silence on this matter as implicit approval. Where scripture is silent, one should readily assume our Lord agreed with and had nothing to add to the already written word of God committed to texts and Torah 700 to 1200 years earlier. Strong condemnation. And if anything God's people were called to sternly avoid anything considered anathema or unclean.

Thank you

Walkingman

Oct 31, 2022
[QUOTE="Walkingman, post: 4952259, member: 319442"
Leviticus 20:13
Deuteronomy 20:18
Romans 12:27
2 Corinthians 2:

Scriptures did not load correctly.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Imagine a gay person walked into the library and asked to use a computer and the guy at the desk said sorry, I can't let you use the computer because you're gay
So the gay person replies, my tax dollars built this library so I should be allowed to use the computer
Same concept. The gay couple that wants to get married, their tax dollars are paying the courthouse clerks so they should be allowed the same privileges as any other tax paying citizen

Apr 15, 2022
Imagine a gay person walked into the library and asked to use a computer and the guy at the desk said sorry, I can't let you use the computer because you're gay
So the gay person replies, my tax dollars built this library so I should be allowed to use the computer
Same concept. The gay couple that wants to get married, their tax dollars are paying the courthouse clerks so they should be allowed the same privileges as any other tax paying citizen
If you are a believer in Christ, you should be ashamed for making a comment about perversions.

Nov 11, 2022
Same-sex attraction is not the greatest sin these people face. Their biggest issue is being separated from God. Once they humble themselves and recognise that only through Him can they be saved, only then can they address their issues. If they truly live in accordance with God's law, they will turn away from the sin of homosexuality.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
If you are a believer, what is it to you? Are you a judge? Just wondering why.
No a person doesn't need to be a judge to know what the Constitution says.
Christians in America just have a persecution complex and think someone else gaining something takes something away from them.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Apr 15, 2022
No a person doesn't need to be a judge to know what the Constitution says.
Christians in America just have a persecution complex and think someone else gaining something takes something away from them.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression
Speaking about homosexual marriage is not something we should endorse or proclaim or even discuss. To a believer, homosexual relationships are an abomination (Rom. 1:26-32) and should not even be mentioned among brothers. This is all I have to say about this subject.

Take care,