CHRISTMAS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

can you show me were in the Bible is Christmas not to be be celebrated? Then I ask you do you celebrate the yearly Passover that Jews did ? and IF you do why?
See my previous comments. If you want to talk about celebrating Passover, then create another thread for that. This thread is on the topic of Christmas.

And so is your useless nonsense.

We will celebrate Christmas.
You know the day that God in the flesh was born of Mary who came to save this world.
Sure, go ahead. In the days when Noah built the ark, so the men there ridiculed him.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
See my previous comments. If you want to talk about celebrating Passover, then create another thread for that. This thread is on the topic of Christmas.

Sure, go ahead. In the days when Noah built the ark, so the men there ridiculed him.
Did he celebrate Christmas as well?

You ridicule people as well, yet you do not know them

7seasrekeyed

My only concern is the heart, my heart. Am I really putting up a tree, decorating the home, stockings, presents and such to bring glory to the Lord, or because I’m just following tradition which is mostly pagan and not biblical?
let's be honest here

a Christmas tree sticks out. it is not normally found in the LR 11 months of the year

so it easily becomes objectionable to some people but if it was never the actual focus of Christmas, and simply something to celebrate the birth of Christ or associated with it, tradition or not, it is no more something to loose one's salvation over than all the other myriad things Christians do every single day of the year

I wear shoes. I could go barefoot where I live, but TRADITIONALLY I wear shoes

turkey is traditional at several holidays....should we not eat it?

cranberries?
stuffing?
sweet potatoes?
special cakes and cookies?
marzipan? (not that is really traditional with some)(

you have basically been against celebrating in the 'traditional' way since the inception of your op

you have dodged and hedged but you are still at it

I don't care and most likely others don't either

what I do care about though, is just lay it out and don't skirt the bushes cause it makes people wonder what is in the bushes

deny it

but it is obvious

7seasrekeyed

What ever you do honor God with it. Keep Christ the center of your celebration and enjoy.
I personally am not a fan of Christmas but it's the secular way that it is foisted upon us commercialized and industrialzed and made demand of. Not that I mind buying gifts, it's just so over done and expectations are created, and demanded of us. I like simple and loving celebrations.
And I loath the songs are the people who wrote this crap infantile sociopaths or what. There is maybe three of four Christmas song that are tolerable, but the worst offender ever is the little drummer boy, I mean come on you wrote a song about a drummer boy playing his drum for the Lord, but did not include any drumming at all in the song. It seems as though having an actual drum in the drummer song would be reasonable, but no, not one drum. In fact they make a pathetic attempt at simulating drums vocally. It kind of embodies the whole phony facade that American cultural Christmas is.

Ok rant over.

huh

I've heard that song with actual drums

neither here nor there

L

Locoponydirtman

huh

I've heard that song with actual drums

neither here nor there
Nor any where.
Neither up nor down
Or anywhere on the ground or even on a cloud.

Sorry your last sentence made me think of Dr. Suess. Lol

7seasrekeyed

Nor any where.
Neither up nor down
Or anywhere on the ground or even on a cloud.

Sorry your last sentence made me think of Dr. Suess. Lol

green eggs and ham

are they traditional though? :unsure:

K

Kim82

Did he celebrate Christmas as well?

You ridicule people as well, yet you do not know them
I did not ridicule anyone. Neither did I even crack a joke in this thread.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
let's be honest here

a Christmas tree sticks out. it is not normally found in the LR 11 months of the year

so it easily becomes objectionable to some people but if it was never the actual focus of Christmas, and simply something to celebrate the birth of Christ or associated with it, tradition or not, it is no more something to loose one's salvation over than all the other myriad things Christians do every single day of the year

I wear shoes. I could go barefoot where I live, but TRADITIONALLY I wear shoes

turkey is traditional at several holidays....should we not eat it?

cranberries?
stuffing?
sweet potatoes?
special cakes and cookies?
marzipan? (not that is really traditional with some)(

you have basically been against celebrating in the 'traditional' way since the inception of your op

you have dodged and hedged but you are still at it

I don't care and most likely others don't either

what I do care about though, is just lay it out and don't skirt the bushes cause it makes people wonder what is in the bushes

deny it

but it is obvious
As I said before, mess with Christmas and watch the riot begin.

I too celebrate the birth of Christ. I want to do it in a way that honors the Lord. I don’t see how trees, lights, stockings, mistletoe, presents, Santa, etc..honors the Lord.

7seasrekeyed

As I said before, mess with Christmas and watch the riot begin.

I too celebrate the birth of Christ. I want to do it in a way that honors the Lord. I don’t see how trees, lights, stockings, mistletoe, presents, Santa, etc..honors the Lord.
what did I say?

huh?

you have an agenda

that is what I don't like. I don't find it honest when people do that

there is no riot. there is just you hoping for a more negative response and you didn't get one

you know some people worship God differently than you do

alot of people do not believe the KJ is inspired

the thing is you are trying to look into hearts that are not beating in your chest

whatever at this point :rolleyes:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I did not ridicule anyone. Neither did I even crack a joke in this thread.
Look at your last 3 responses to Judges.

You don't have to crack a joke to ridicule.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
what did I say?

huh?

you have an agenda

that is what I don't like. I don't find it honest when people do that

there is no riot. there is just you hoping for a more negative response and you didn't get one

you know some people worship God differently than you do

alot of people do not believe the KJ is inspired

the thing is you are trying to look into hearts that are not beating in your chest

whatever at this point :rolleyes:
You got me all wrong. I have no agenda. I’m just curious how other believers on the thread celebrate the birth of Christ and why? I haven’t judged anyone but myself.

L

Locoponydirtman

My only concern is the heart, my heart. Am I really putting up a tree, decorating the home, stockings, presents and such to bring glory to the Lord, or because I’m just following tradition which is mostly pagan and not biblical?
There is nothing inherently pagan about trees, decorations, stockings, or gifts.
In places where Winters are long and dreary, people would bring greenery into their homes to be cheery rather than dreary (a little poetry for ya, to keep it light hearted). Stockings are socks, and gift giving is being generous. Centering it around honoring Christ is Christian.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
we haven't put a tree up because we don't have one lol. we did have one last year. did we worship it? nope. it did have pretty lights though!

my family gives gifts. why? because... why not? just like we give gifts for bdays or go out to lunch and pay for the others or when i fill out forms for my non-English-speaking parents. just another way to show love.

i grew up knowing Santa wasn't real. my parents taught me he was a fictional character and that they were the ones who gave us the presents :)

K

Kim82

Look at your last 3 responses to Judges.

You don't have to crack a joke to ridicule.
As I said before, I did not ridicule anyone.

S

Susanna

I don’t usually debate theology, but saying Christmas is pagan etc. is in my opinion displaying a severe lack of comprehension of the Christian tradition.

Deck the Halls and Merry 🎄 Christmas!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I was just reading about Cain who decided that he wouldn't follow God's instructions that required blood for sacrifice, Cain decided on sacrificing something else. That is what we are doing about Christmas. God tells us to celebrate His salvation for us with the feasts and we decide to celebrate with Christmas and Easter.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
True, people would rather hold on to traditions and not looked upon as societal outcasts than to follow the word of God.
Or perhaps people live under their freedom to choose according to their conscience, rather than a religious demand created by others.
Considering the topic it's no surprise you found a way to put people down for having opposing views.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I was just reading about Cain who decided that he wouldn't follow God's instructions that required blood for sacrifice, Cain decided on sacrificing something else. That is what we are doing about Christmas. God tells us to celebrate His salvation for us with the feasts and we decide to celebrate with Christmas and Easter.
you mean " us" as in Israel. right?

because, as I have already explained to you in other threads , the Mosaic Covenant was made with Israel only, if you think Moses repeated what God the Father ( truth of Trinity) correctly in Leviticus 26.

L

Locoponydirtman

Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—
Colossians 2:16 NASB
things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
Colossians 2:17 NASB

Jesus said the day will come that we worship in spirit and in truth. Why do you continue to insist that worship be done according to material things?
We no longer have to seek God in shadows of things to come. He has come and we have him in spirit and in truth.