Churches that Don't Allow Tongues and Prophecy in Meetings disobey Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
"I do not agree with you that the speaking in tongues on the day of Pentecost was fake, but if you maintain that tongues were fake, then how can you hold that Acts 2 is telling the truth?"

Of course, I don't agree with notuptome that speaking in tongues is fake, and I believe that the apostles spoke in tongues genuinely, and that many people do so today.
acts

was

real

known

languages.

ppl speaking in tongues today is ahjsakjhqeccllheh fdvliuceuechmxcdhdjckvjvkvj jusssjshdodododo

Dec 26, 2012
The Corinthians had their faults, but the epistle is still profitable for doctrine. It has some of the most in-depth passages that instruct us in regard to what to do in our church gatherings, both in terms of the Lord's Supper and spiritual gifts.

It is sad, though, that the Corinthians were so immature, yet they knew of and experienced spiritual things many churches today have little knowledge or experience of.
UMM But did you see Moses part the Red Sea,Elijah call down fire from heaven,or Jesus rise from the dead?

inge

Jun 23, 2012

Let's try a bit more specific,someone speaks in a "tongue" first how do you know that the person is speaking a true tongue and not something else? Someone then interprets the tongue how do you know the person is translating it correctly? So how in those does one determine that the one speaking is speaking by the Holy Spirit and not something else? We are to test that spirit so how do you test that spirit?

Don't forget Peter was an apostle who most likely also was given the gift of interpretation,and he also spoke in multiple languages
Is getting wisdom from God supernatural? Yes.
How can we know if it is wisdom of men or if it is is wisdom of God?
And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship Ex 31:3
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ef 1:17

Is getting words of God supernatural? Yes
How can we know if words are from God or if it are words of bad spirits?
And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 1 King 22:22
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luc 21:15

So how can someone easily say: I can determine when someone preaches/writes words of God
But....does not believe that this determination is also applicable too tongues?

Tests words
In church you can hear the translation – that's biblical.
So the translation -words- can be tested with Gods word as standard.

Test fruit.
You can see if this person is acting like God wants. If he/she doesn't his/her tongues are not ok. Could be starting good (as youngster a real Christian), but ended wrong. Than he/she is defiled, and the tongues are not ok.

Test spirits.
If we just hear tongues (and I believe we should not hear tongues without interpretation in church so I guess you hear it from a private prayer of a relative at home or so.) How can we know its true tongues or if bad spirits work in a person.

Well here is an biblical example of discerning spirits:
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. Acts 16:16-18

Can you explain why Paul sees the spirit behind her words is a bad spirit, although she tells true words? We could say: because she repeats her words. Well I think it has not to do with repeating nor her crying. It is Paul discerning spirits. You can find similar examples in the bible.

When someone believes in tongues and gifts, discerning is not an issue. Because you believe in the gift of discerning. And you believe the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom.

When you would read my first post in this thread carefully you would find that I have sought in the bible how to test, approve, prove, search. When Gods words lives in you, the Holy Spirit will use them at the right time. Gods word is the sword of.....the Spirit (Ef 6:17). I can give you many more verses about proving. Because we need to test the spirits in tongues, words and forumposts.

To let you think about this: can you tell how you test forumposts, and the spirits/Spirit behind it?
Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. 2 'Thes 5:19-21​

Dec 26, 2012
Is getting wisdom from God supernatural? Yes.
How can we know if it is wisdom of men or if it is is wisdom of God?
And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship Ex 31:3
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ef 1:17

Is getting words of God supernatural? Yes
How can we know if words are from God or if it are words of bad spirits?
And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 1 King 22:22
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luc 21:15

So how can someone easily say: I can determine when someone preaches/writes words of God
But....does not believe that this determination is also applicable too tongues?

Tests words

Test fruit.
You can see if this person is acting like God wants. If he/she doesn't his/her tongues are not ok. Could be starting good (as youngster a real Christian), but ended wrong. Than he/she is defiled, and the tongues are not ok.

Test spirits.
If we just hear tongues (and I believe we should not hear tongues without interpretation in church so I guess you hear it from a private prayer of a relative at home or so.) How can we know its true tongues or if bad spirits work in a person.

Well here is an biblical example of discerning spirits:
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. Acts 16:16-18

Can you explain why Paul sees the spirit behind her words is a bad spirit, although she tells true words? We could say: because she repeats her words. Well I think it has not to do with repeating nor her crying. It is Paul discerning spirits. You can find similar examples in the bible.

When someone believes in tongues and gifts, discerning is not an issue. Because you believe in the gift of discerning. And you believe the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom.

When you would read my first post in this thread carefully you would find that I have sought in the bible how to test, approve, prove, search. When Gods words lives in you, the Holy Spirit will use them at the right time. Gods word is the sword of.....the Spirit (Ef 6:17). I can give you many more verses about proving. Because we need to test the spirits in tongues, words and forumposts.

To let you think about this: can you tell how you test forumposts, and the spirits/Spirit behind it?
Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. 2 'Thes 5:19-21​
AHH But the damsel was stating the TRUTH. They were servants of the Most High God,come to show the way of salvation. They was no lie in there.

presidente

May 29, 2013
they knew of and experienced spiritual things no churches today have knowledge or experience of...except by reading about it.
'parently that's not good enough - we want da gifs.

It is NOT good enough to read about it. We must do what it says.

The Bible COMMANDS us to desire spiritual gifts
I Corinthians 14:1

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.
(NIV)

but the gifts ceased - BY THE WILL OF GOD.
So are you saying that your pastor and other people in the congregation have no grace from God to minister to others? That is a very sad view, and a very sad statement of yours.

Fortunately, the Bible does not teach that this has happened.

I Corinthians 1:7
[SUP]7 [/SUP]So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

inge

Jun 23, 2012
AHH But the damsel was stating the TRUTH. They were servants of the Most High God,come to show the way of salvation. They was no lie in there.
? So.....

Are you saying that she was right in Gods (and Pauls) eyes?
Why than rebuking the spirit?

True words: "when you eat this fruit you will become as God"
True words: "Lets get baptized by John to turn to God" - Answer John: "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

It all depends on the spirit/Spirit behind it.....

Dec 26, 2012
? So.....

True words: "Lets get baptized by John to turn to God" - Answer John: "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

Where did say she was right God's eyes? The answer can't be determined just by what she said in those few sentences. So
how would we test that spirit to know that it was not the spirit of truth?

inge

Jun 23, 2012
The God doesn't change argument that people like to throw out for this topic doesn't work. God doesn't change but he has a set plan for things. Parts of his plans stop and start as he wills it. It doesn't mean God changed. If the logic for this argument is drawn to it's conclusion, you call God a liar because he put an end to his first covenant and made a new one, or else you claim that Jesus wasn't God, because "God doesn't change". Of course he doesn't, but he sure can do what he pleases when he pleases, start things when he wants them started, and stop them when he wants them stopped.
I do mean: God His word and His mind, and His will and His actions do not change. His standard is the same. That makes Him, His word and His Spirit reliable. Seems logic to me.

But, when God says something new is coming. I believe Him and take Him on His word.
So the bible tells us that we have a NEW TESTAMENT where is it mentioned that this NEW TESTAMENT did end?

Paul does mention that the old testament did end. But not for those whom follow it. Whom is following the law of God will be judged by the law of God. Whom is following the NEW TESTAMENT will be judged by the NEW TESTAMENT. Right?
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit gives life. 2 Cor 3:6
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. Hebr 9:15

What bible verse, word of God, explains to you that the following bible words, Gods words, are not longer true?:
Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. Joh 1:33
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Act 1:5
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Act 2:4
Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:Act 8:15
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.Acts 19:6
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thess 5: 14-23

When we read those verses. How long did speaking in tongues last? What is the bible telling us. Did it die with the apostles...the disciples of the apostles, or the followers of the disciples of the apostles.....tell me?
Blameless unto the coming of our Lord? Till how long are those words, Gods words, applicable?
And why should those words be not applicable based on Gods word? Is there a newer covenant/testament?

covenant jp.jpg

Dec 26, 2012
When we read those verses. How long did speaking in tongues last? What is the bible telling us. Did it die with the apostles...the disciples of the apostles, or the followers of the disciples of the apostles.....tell me?
Blameless unto the coming of our Lord? Till how long are those words, Gods words, applicable?
And why should those words be not applicable based on Gods word? Is there a newer covenant/testament?
UMMM Paul does tell the church at Corinth that tongues will cease,Paul is NOT speaking directly to us but them. The verse that you quoted out of 1 Thess. 5 is taken out of context. This is what it says in context

5 But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they are saying, “Peace and safety,” then sudden destruction cometh upon them as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that Day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light and the children of the day; we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober.
7 For those who sleep, sleep in the night; and those who are drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
10 who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort yourselves together and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, that you come to know those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man, but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves and with all men.
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Test all things; hold fast to that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He that calleth you; He also will do it.
25 Brethren, pray for us.
26 Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

The whole context is the times and seasons,no where in that passage can one pull out that Paul either says that the gifts remain or end. It's NOT there. And not one word about tongues. What he does say is that he prays that we would be sanctified wholly and preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord.

inge

Jun 23, 2012

Where did say she was right God's eyes? The answer can't be determined just by what she said in those few sentences. So
how would we test that spirit to know that it was not the spirit of truth?
Did I say she was right in Gods eyes? Did I say that the devil was right in Gods eyes when he told his half truths?
No

I say: you can tell true words do good deeds and still be wrong in Gods eyes.
example: You can tell others that you know God, that you work His works and be wrong:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mat 7:21-23​

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1 Joh 4:20

Tests words

Test fruit.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. Mat 7: 15-17 (Someone whom speaks tongues and translates in church does prophecy)​
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 Joh 2:4

Test spirits.
discerning of spirits as gift of God 1 Cor: 12:10​
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Fil 1:9,10​
Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. 2 'Thes 5:19-21But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebr 5:14

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Rom 8:9
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Rom 8:14
I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, Rom 9:1

But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Cor 2:14-16

Whom have the mind of Christ?

Spiritual discernment comes from the mind of Christ and we get the mind of Christ when we surrender to God and let Him write the law of the Spirit on our hearts by reading Gods words. The mind of Christ comes by HIS Spirit.
That is why John mentions that Jesus baptizes with the Holy Ghost.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high
. Luc 24:49

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Joh 3:5

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Joh 7:39

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:2
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Rom 8:6

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 2 Cor 3:3

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12

Please take the bible and send me some verses that prove that the Spirit does not work nowadays as in the days of the apostles if you truly think I am on the biblical wrong way. Because I take this stuff very serious.

U

unclefester

Hi Inge. A few questions to consider.

Question #1 : Were the miraculous tongues spoken at pentecost earthly languages ?

Question #2 : What language did God's messengers (angels) ever speak but the language of the people/person to whom God's message was given ?

Question #3 : If there are in fact "tongues of angels", is it a different language/dialect than God's ?

Dec 26, 2012
Please take the bible and send me some verses that prove that the Spirit does not work nowadays as in the days of the apostles if you truly think I am on the biblical wrong way. Because I take this stuff very serious.
I can do better than that,here is the link to a thread that will give you a very clear laying out of this with scripture

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/73510-charismatic-lutherans-lcms.html

I did copy from another site and included the link to the whole writing starting at post 82,the first deals with the gifts of the apostles and the second starts at post 92 and is about modern day miracles. And the men that wrote those do show where the scripture passages are.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
So are you saying that your pastor and other people in the congregation have no grace from God to minister to others? That is a very sad view, and a very sad statement of yours.

Fortunately, the Bible does not teach that this has happened.
paul never mentions in 1 corinth that the pastoral or teaching gifts/offices would cease.
but he does tell pastor/teacher timothy how to proceed - read 2 timothy 3 - again.

invest some time in this.
your arguments are ludicrous.

No More Prophets
No More Prophets - SermonAudio.com < click

Cessationism Demonstrated & Defended - Part 1
Cessationism Demonstrated & Defended - Part 1 - SermonAudio.com < click

Cessationism Demonstrated & Defended - Part 2
Cessationism Demonstrated & Defended - Part 2 - SermonAudio.com < click

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
? So.....

that very episode with paul shows the extraordinary office, power and authority they had.

here's another example:

Acts 3
The Lame Beggar Healed
1Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.a 2And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple. 3Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms. 4And Peter directed his gaze at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.” 5And he fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them. 6But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” 7And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. 8And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. 9And all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10and recognized him as the one who sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, asking for alms. And they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Peter Speaks in Solomon’s Portico
11While he clung to Peter and John, all the people, utterly astounded, ran together to them in the portico called Solomon’s. 12And when Peter saw it he addressed the people: “Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we have made him walk? 13The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servantb Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him. 14But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15and you killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses

a man lame from birth was being carried
Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple he asked to receive alms
Peter directed his gaze at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.”
Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you.
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”

he took him by the right hand and raised him up,
immediately his feet and ankles were made strong.
leaping up he stood and began to walk,
and entered the temple with them,
walking and leaping and praising God.

Men of Israel,
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers,
glorified his servant Jesus,
whom you delivered over
and you killed the Author of life,

whom God raised from the dead.

To this we are witnesses

Dec 26, 2012
HMMM Just found out something in my studies and it's something that those who believe the gifts continued leave out. Luke records in Acts something about each and every time someone started speaking in tongues. The first Peter an apostle is a witness to the tongues,second time Peter an apostle witnesses the gentiles speaking in tongues,third and last time Paul an apostle is the witness to the tongues. (So why is that never mentioned?) :confused:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Of course there are real gifts those in Eph 4:11 are real. The most prized gift of tongues is not genuine especially as practiced by the modern charismatic/Pentacostal crowd.

I guess we must ask is the focus on Christ or is the focus on us? Planting the word of God and watering it with prayer in the hope that God will give the increase and a soul will come to a saving knowledge of Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
absolute truth for the war is still today between flesh and God's Spirit that god implants in the believer and God decides this.
Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

therefore Lord kill the flesh in me and make me alive in you, thank you Father through Son Christ

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
But which ones are not? Can you show us the difference?
As it has been said to you before only God can do this for you, without condemnation, wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove. Do you not hear the Spirit over self, that is dead being alive in God's Spirit who made you alive in God. A free gift to you and not you only.
The battle is flesh over God's Spirit of life that Christ came to give you through his death and resurrection.
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Now if by god through the death of Chrsit you believe you are dead to sinful nature, then there is no more war between Spirit of God and flesh.
Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Or don't you know
1 Corinthians 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead
[h=3]Romans 6:3-4[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Let's try a bit more specific,someone speaks in a "tongue" first how do you know that the person is speaking a true tongue and not something else? Someone then interprets the tongue how do you know the person is translating it correctly? So how in those does one determine that the one speaking is speaking by the Holy Spirit and not something else? We are to test that spirit so how do you test that spirit?

Don't forget Peter was an apostle who most likely also was given the gift of interpretation,and he also spoke in multiple languages
You apparently have much doubt and since you do, how will you ever know. Do you not believe God? I know you do, so it is God that will reveal truth to you is it not?
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I haven't seen a real one yet, have you? If I faked tongues in any pentecostal or charismatic church today, I doubt one single person would be able call me out on my fabrication. I am willing to bet that almost all of them (who actually claim to interpret), would interpret my babble for me. This is something I'd like to test one day if I ever get the chance. Can you tell the difference in real and fake? If you can, how? Can you interpret some internet videos for us? How would we know you aren't lying?
God's Spirit reveals truth if one is in God born again. This is for God's believers to know error(s) from truth. Yes personally I have seen and experienced God's miraculous works in God's Spirit.
But here we got bashing gong on, and sorry that is not from God. At least from what I hear God telling me. Oh wait a minute that is not in the word is it. God talking to me, you or anyone else. No matter this is such a heated topic in flesh and not the Spirit of God. seeing it is you might believe as many do. That god stopped talking to us after the written word. False as What I personally have been taught by God through scripture and personal experience by God.

Do you think God does not communicate with us today, except through Scripture?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The God doesn't change argument that people like to throw out for this topic doesn't work. God doesn't change but he has a set plan for things. Parts of his plans stop and start as he wills it. It doesn't mean God changed. If the logic for this argument is drawn to it's conclusion, you call God a liar because he put an end to his first covenant and made a new one, or else you claim that Jesus wasn't God, because "God doesn't change". Of course he doesn't, but he sure can do what he pleases when he pleases, start things when he wants them started, and stop them when he wants them stopped.
So yes God can start and stop whatever God desires, so who are you to say God has stopped anything. Even if God has you just said God can start anything God wants to right

So again do not:
1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Even though one day they will cease and Love of God will take the place that goes on forever. This is directed to individuals as they grow in the grace of God unto and into maturity, when God decides not me, you or anyone else.
Hoping you see truth as truth is. but rather covet to Prophesy, telling truth of God as they did in that first day of Pentecost. What God did do for us, through Son.
Colossians 1:22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: