Clever inventions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Well, I guess I what I mean is that we talk about things like the A/C and homes/buildings/ cars etc so much so that even to me, while reading almost sounds like we take these things for granite. All the while I have met people on CC who live in places where they don't have these luxuries, or they are not as common. I just wonder if they shake their heads at us, maybe in disbelief or maybe thinking that we don't realize just how good we really do have it.........
Sorry, just a thought and I'm starting to ramble.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
No, not at all, found a great writing from a young lady about this, and the large number of Americans who don't have gratitude for our blessings, let's not be them and let's work to show gratitude, all the time, lest what we have be removed for our ingratitude.
bless you sis

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
im not american.
what are you even talking about
not everyone lives in america, and people that dont live in america ALSO have inventions that make life a bit easier you know.

air conditioning isnt exclusive to america.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the reason heat pumps have taken off in nz for example, is because our climate is cold and damp.
I dont know why kiwis choose to build their houses out of wood instead of brick, or mud cos they will just rot in a few years if not maintained. Hence the prevalence of leaky homes. They didnt even have any insulation.

But I supoose thats just the way it was. Lots of trees, cheap to chop down. easy to build and bust them when they wear out

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i think tents are a great invention, and tepees easy to put up, can shelter, even can be used to quarantine. the fact that they can 'pop up' and are light to carry and portable means you can have a temporary home anywhere.

that menstrual underwear. Hmm it does wears out after a few washings. there is a place for Tampax.

nz economy was built on refrigeration, before that, frozen and chilled meat couldnt be exported, (a byproduct of the wool industry) everything had to be canned for salted and it would go off on a long ocean voyage.

the wardian case (basically a greenhouse tent for plants) was another clever invention. before that only seeds could be transported not live plants.

BigSky2021

Apr 23, 2021
Definitely the internet. And forums such as this.

Although I believe the Adversary intended to use the internet for his ends, and does, believers have taken one of his tools and turned it against his ends. Satan is howling mad about this and we see his censorship and cancel culture as a result

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well businesses tried to make the internet into a marketplace, but originally people just wanted it for communication, not to SELL stuff.

the .com stands for communication, though business try and say it stands for commerce.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I am all four very simple life. But but the boiler that generates hot water in the morning so that you can stand under a shower for 20-minutes is one of the greatest luxuries. A coffee press is also very special. And then the motorcycle

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i like hot water.
when the hot water got cut off the other week for our street, it was such a bummer. I look foward to a hot shower or bath. The people who live near thermal springs are sooo lucky.

I also appreciate shoes, or slippers. Yay for rubber soles. I know some people like to walk round barefoot even outside, but I get cold feet. And some surfaces are not the cleanest. socks are great too.

although I dont get the ones that barely cover your ankles. come on ppl, wear some real socks.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Safety pins are the greatest invention of all time. If your suspenders break, all those great inventions above ain't gonna hold your pants up.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
i like hot water.
when the hot water got cut off the other week for our street, it was such a bummer. I look foward to a hot shower or bath. The people who live near thermal springs are sooo lucky.

I also appreciate shoes, or slippers. Yay for rubber soles. I know some people like to walk round barefoot even outside, but I get cold feet. And some surfaces are not the cleanest. socks are great too.

although I dont get the ones that barely cover your ankles. come on ppl, wear some real socks.
You have hot water piped to your home? we have 'water heaters" as ours comes out of the ground about 55 degrees F

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yea well Im not an engineer, so Im not the expert but here in my street each home has a hot water cylinder inside a cupboard and connected to a water meter and if you live in town you on the grid so if the electricty cuts out every home is affected. we pay for this through our rates which pays for all the infrastructure. Our water comes from a reservoir catchment high up in the hills where theres rainforest.

we also have a sewage system and storm water system. But each home owner has to pay for the water, the roads, and electricity they use and the landowners have to pay rates for the properties they own on the land that makes use of those services. If that makes sense.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you live in a place with thermal activity eg Rotorua, water is free and already heated!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A "hot water cylinder" sounds like a water heater, and if the water is off the water heater will have no supply, thus no flow.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A "hot water cylinder" sounds like a water heater, and if the water is off the water heater will have no supply, thus no flow.
no its different.
Its heated by electricity, so we got cold/warm water instead of hot, not no flow. Our water never gets cut off unless there is issues with plumbing.

Try not to make assumptions about different things in different countries when Ive explained them to you.

lol

Just because something is one way in your world, doesnt mean is the same somewhwre else.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Bicycles are great on many fronts.
i think electric bicycles are getting better, but they are still expensive and heavy.

electric cars need to be better and cheaper and I also think fossil fueled cars need to be regulated, not just put a tax on fuel but restrict the number of vehicles on the road and number one household can own. Its crazy in cities where traffic is mad. Providing reliable public transport doesnt seem to be much of a priority where I live. If you have to take a trip everyday just to get to work and your workplace doesnt cover the costs of getting there and back then they should consider subsidising accomodation.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
no its different.
Its heated by electricity, so we got cold/warm water instead of hot, not no flow. Our water never gets cut off unless there is issues with plumbing.

Try not to make assumptions about different things in different countries when Ive explained them to you.

lol

Just because something is one way in your world, doesnt mean is the same somewhwre else.
Here, what you call a
water Cylinder" is a what we call a water heater, same as we have, it isn't different.
I have put in MANY of these, Rheem is one of our brands here.
If they put in one like this install you are getting ripped, always use dielectric unions, you won't ever need to sweat fit on in again.
https://www.topreviews.co.nz/best-hot-water-cylinders-new-zealand/