Climate change

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Has human activity made a considerable difference to the world's climate?

• Total voters
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Here is another poll...

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I was going to say no but then I realized we cut down a lot of trees, pollute the ocean, etc. etc. so we are probably part of the problem in pollution. We were told to take care of the world but many people just don't care.

Are humans causing "global warming"? I don't think so. We go through times and seasons of warm and cold. The climate is often changing. I think it's a natural cycle, not a problem caused by man.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
70 s climate cooling impending ice age
80 s / 90 s global warming impending doom
now climate change, do or die time

All of the so called solutions?

Pretty much the same......................

Uh, I, Ur?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I voted yes, since I believe that man has the technology for weather control. As far as global warming or global cooling, not getting into that discussion. Leave that to the experts!

Aug 3, 2019
70 s climate cooling impending ice age
80 s / 90 s global warming impending doom
now climate change, do or die time

All of the so called solutions?

Pretty much the same......................

Uh, I, Ur?
When the "crisis" solutions are all the same for 70's Global Cooling, 90's Global Warming, and 2000's Climate Change - massive increase of the size of government and government takeover of the private energy sector along with every aspect of our lives - even a blind man can see it's all a giant commie power and money grab.

Unless one suffers from the Satanic blindness of Leftist ideology, that is.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Yes, without a doubt. However, it happened a long time ago. A couple of folks named Adam and Eve were involved.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I was going to say no but then I realized we cut down a lot of trees, pollute the ocean, etc. etc. so we are probably part of the problem in pollution.
You should not confuse pollution altogether with the release of CO2 into the atmosphere. The people pushing the Climate Change agenda (which used to be Global Warming until that became nonsensical) claim that CO2 is causing climate change. But the facts do not support this nonsense.

"...Curry is a scholar, not a pundit. Unlike many political and journalistic oracles, she never opines without proof. And she has data at her command. She tells me, for example, that between 1910 and 1940, the planet warmed during a climatic episode that resembles our own, down to the degree. The warming can’t be blamed on industry, she argues, because back then, most of the carbon-dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels were small. In fact, Curry says, “almost half of the warming observed in the twentieth century came about in the first half of the century, before carbon-dioxide emissions became large.” Natural factors thus had to be the cause. None of the climate models used by scientists now working for the United Nations can explain this older trend. Nor can these models explain why the climate suddenly cooled between 1950 and 1970, giving rise to widespread warnings about the onset of a new ice age. I recall magazine covers of the late 1960s or early 1970s depicting the planet in the grip of an annihilating deep freeze. According to a group of scientists, we faced an apocalyptic environmental scenario—but the opposite of the current one...."

"In 2005, I had a conversation with Rajendra Pachauri, an Indian railway engineer, who remade himself into a climatologist and became director of the IPCC, which received the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize under his tenure. Pachauri told me, without embarrassment, that, at the UN, he recruited only climatologists convinced of the carbon-dioxide warming explanation, excluding all others. This extraordinary collusion today allows politicians and commentators to declare that “science says that” carbon dioxide is to blame for global warming, or that a “scientific consensus” exists on warming, implying that no further study is needed—something that makes zero sense on its face, as scientific research is not based on consensus but on contradictory views."
https://www.city-journal.org/global-warming

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mmm humans are mostly idiots and dont know stuff. They cut down ALL the trees to build homes for themselves instead of living in amongst the trees. So the trees that provide oxygen and shelter and food die.
do that often enough and the soil gets eroded, theres no shelter, and no food to eat either.

Jury is out on whether this causes any change in the weather but humans sin actually did trigger the giant flood in the Bible and the whole earth was kind of destroyed so yea. If people dont think sin has consequences they got another think coming.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I'm not an expert on climate change. There is one thing where I think man is doing an excellent job. He continues to trash our environment.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
mmm humans are mostly idiots and dont know stuff. They cut down ALL the trees to build homes for themselves instead of living in amongst the trees. So the trees that provide oxygen and shelter and food die.
do that often enough and the soil gets eroded, theres no shelter, and no food to eat either.

Jury is out on whether this causes any change in the weather but humans sin actually did trigger the giant flood in the Bible and the whole earth was kind of destroyed so yea. If people dont think sin has consequences they got another think coming.
A tree community would be pretty cool. Like Ewoks. ;):LOL:

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Climate change is a pseudoscience... First it was global warming but when their predictions failed they changed it to climate change. So now they blame every weather condition on us...

Down here in Australia we have just had the coldest summer in living memory. And in the north it is snowing where it's never snowed before...

There have been climate scientists who have been predicting a cooling caused by a less active sun... However, these people have been demonized as "climate deniers" by the mainstream...

"Follow the science". When they say that it's a red flag. Or "the science is settled"
When they ridicule opposing views and avoid debate, that's also a red flag.
When they sensor, ban and cancel differing views, that's a red flag.
These are basic red flags that everyone should know but many people don't.

Mar 1, 2021

Yes, without a doubt. However, it happened a long time ago. A couple of folks named Adam and Eve were involved.
This post made my day!

D

DWR

Here is another poll...
I would say yes in some places.
When large numbers of people gather, work and live in confined area like cities, they do have a negative effect on the LOCAL climate.
What I have noticed is that those who scream the loudest and demand drastic change are the ones living in these large cities and doing little or nothing to stop the damage.

What are you doing?
I left the city in 1972 and moved off grid in 2007.
Only got the internet 3 years ago.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I would say yes in some places.
When large numbers of people gather, work and live in confined area like cities, they do have a negative effect on the LOCAL climate.
What I have noticed is that those who scream the loudest and demand drastic change are the ones living in these large cities and doing little or nothing to stop the damage.
I remember when Al Gore released his documentary. They said that higher temperatures would result in vast areas of land being taken by the sea and that some places like Australia would never see snow again... Well, none of that happened, they were wrong, yet their still making policies based on climate change which has made the cost of power higher than it should be...

Meanwhile, the climate scientists that have been ridiculed have been saying that we are entering a mini ice age due to the cycle of the sun's activity... Such people have been prevented from entering the debate and have been labelled things like climate denier, conspiracy theorists and such, all while they say "believe the science", "follow the science" and other buzz words.

If we look at the earth's climate in the past year or two we definitely see a substantial cooling... It's time to pull the pin and expose this for what it is... A pseudoscience

What are you doing?
I left the city in 1972 and moved off grid in 2007.
Only got the internet 3 years ago.
Well I'm not doing anything about climate change as I think its false... That's not to say that I'm in favour of pollution.
Im actually moving out of the big city next week... Im just sick and tired of it... Iv got a van and modified it into a camper and I'm hitting the road. I'll see where God leads me