Clipping Coupons Is Really Worth The Effort...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Studies have found if you spend just 20 minutes a week gathering coupons,
you can save $800 to $1,000 a year.

Even if you generally buy generic items, many of the Coupons for brand-name items are so good
they "work out" in your favor.

There are many places to find coupons.
Try looking in your mail, newspaper, and on the Internet.

Coupons.com and Smart source.com are two popular sites that offer printable coupons.

Using coupons can really s-t-r-e-t-c-h your shopping $$$.

Are you a " couponer" or have any other recommendations? 🤔

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Tried it before. Most of the coupons were for things I never buy.

I do enjoy the Safeway deals, though. I often save more than I spend with their deals.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I run through my shopping receipt and look for the most expensive item.
Often its fabric softener, simply switch from the regular brand to something less famous. That helps

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Tried it before. Most of the coupons were for things I never buy.

I do enjoy the Safeway deals, though. I often save more than I spend with their deals.
I know what you mean. 😉

Jul 9, 2020
I hate coupons. And I really, really hate being in line behind someone that's trying to save 10 cents with a stupid coupon. It invariably takes a bunch of time for the clerk to deal with it. I've always said that if a store prints coupons, it should set up a special checkout line for the coupon people to go in because they obviously aren't in a hurry.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I hate coupons. And I really, really hate being in line behind someone that's trying to save 10 cents with a stupid coupon. It invariably takes a bunch of time for the clerk to deal with it. I've always said that if a store prints coupons, it should set up a special checkout line for the coupon people to go in because they obviously aren't in a hurry.
Ah, maybe God is trying to teach you patience when you get stuck behind a couponer. ;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, I don't really concern myself with coupons, neither collecting, nor redeeming...

I do most of my shopping @ No Frills these day. Very economical!

Why pay two dollars more for something/anything at Safeway? What a rip off :p lol

For example, Safeway will have some product on sale and it is still more expensive than the regular price at No Frills!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah, I don't really concern myself with coupons, neither collecting, nor redeeming...

I do most of my shopping @ No Frills these day. Very economical!

Why pay two dollars more for something/anything at Safeway? What a rip off :p lol

For example, Safeway will have some product on sale and it is still more expensive than the regular price at No Frills!
Good post..thanks for contributing! 😉

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No not really

To save money, just dont buy stuff you dont need

also, if its food just hang restaurants for leftovers...! basically all stuff that is discounted is only because shops etc bought so much they want to move the stock. What you do is just wait till the goods go on sale, dont buy it when it first comes out.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
No not really

To save money, just dont buy stuff you dont need

also, if its food just hang restaurants for leftovers...! basically all stuff that is discounted is only because shops etc bought so much they want to move the stock. What you do is just wait till the goods go on sale, dont buy it when it first comes out.
"To each his own."

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Erm.yeah annoying, but i had times when even a pound was making a difference to me eating

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People here go on groupon or grab one, but they arent for everyday items, just deals and special offers.
It may work out cheaper to buy in bulk but only if you have a big family.

anyone read the book 'Cheaper by the dozen' well its the same principle. If you can get it wholesale you wouldnt pay retail.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you have a minstry you may be able to get discounts at places eg say you buying books for church library you can get 15 percent off

the other thing is using a student card if you studying or a Gold card if you are over 65. Many places give discounts or concessions for senior citizens and children. Too bad if you dont fall in that group tho.

Check your workplace esp if you in a union member they may have special deals for you.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
If you have a minstry you may be able to get discounts at places eg say you buying books for church library you can get 15 percent off

the other thing is using a student card if you studying or a Gold card if you are over 65. Many places give discounts or concessions for senior citizens and children. Too bad if you dont fall in that group tho.

Check your workplace esp if you in a union member they may have special deals for you.
All good points! 😉

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Studies have found if you spend just 20 minutes a week gathering coupons,
you can save $800 to $1,000 a year.

Even if you generally buy generic items, many of the Coupons for brand-name items are so good
they "work out" in your favor.

There are many places to find coupons.
Try looking in your mail, newspaper, and on the Internet.

Coupons.com and Smart source.com are two popular sites that offer printable coupons.

Using coupons can really s-t-r-e-t-c-h your shopping $$$.

Are you a " couponer" or have any other recommendations? 🤔
Hi Jase!

Thank you for yet another awesome and helpful thread! :)

I've often said that there are members in my family that treat saving money like an Olympic sport. However, I agree that it can be a big pain in the patooey, especially when the coupons these days are something like "25 cents off 2 boxes of crackers," and the crackers are like $4 each.

I also get annoyed by those supposed rewards sites where you rack up "points" -- and then need 10 jillion points just to earn a dime off something.

The best thing I've found that works for me is to try to find places with regular built-in rewards. For example, some of the store chains here offer points for purchases that can be taken off your fuel bill, then run specials such as, 4 times the points for gift cards.

So if I buy a $25 gift card for someone's birthday, which I would do normally, I'll be credited 100 points, which equals $1 off per gallon for one time when I fill up my car.

Other helpful deals, if you have a no annual fee credit card and pay the balance off each month:

* I've taken advantage of introductory offers of 5% cash back in certain categories, and the regular card I use has 2% cash back.

* Target offers a 5% discount if you buy gift cards with their credit card.

* Many grocery chains here offer specials like Buy One Get One Free or things such as, Buy 3, Get 2 Free, Mix and Match. I tend to plan my entire grocery trip around trying to buy mostly things on sale if I can.

And the best thing is to stack the rewards if possible.

For instance, getting a Buy One, Get One Free, with a coupon, then buying a gift card during a 4 times the points special, getting enough points for $1 off per gallon for my gas, and putting every purchase on a credit card that earns an additional 2% cash back.

Just for kicks, I kept track of my rewards/redeemed points, etc. last year and it was about $1000 for the year.