So when I left High School (worst 4 years of my life) I thought cliques were over with. However I found it still exist and sadly it does in a lot of churches. I go to AG Pentecostal Spanish Church and it's separated to lots of departments but the 3 big ones is Women, Men and Youth. The youth is where I experience this major problem. Many of the popular youth are favored for certain things. When we do youth elections, I've run for smaller positions but always lose to the "popular kids", not debating whether it was God's plan but I find it interesting. You can tell during any youth play, who gets the big roles and who gets the small roles. If someone comes back from vacation someone would get a "welcome back greeting" and another will get a homecoming like their more important. This also has affected the moral. In my church it's sad but there is no unity. 4-5 years ago we used to be tight and together now it seems everyone is in their groups, and the youth is crumbling. It's sad when I go to a youth service and I see how dry the services are.
Many of my favorite leaders who we adored who laid the foundation to bring us together, they left. One left to another church after her dad died. Our former president and the older sister I never had, she left when she got married and apparently left the church completely. She's the one who convinced me not to leave church since at that moment I was considering leaving (I never told her so God revealed it to her). There is a void and we never can fill it. I'm one of those people who felt alone all my life, but now the last few years I felt alone in church more than ever. I know, what you're going to say, with God I'm never alone. Yes and for that reason I never left serving him and always felt you're all I need. However many times I've considered leaving and switching churches, because I felt no love of God from my fellow youth when I'm there. I'ts sad. Everyone is in their groups, they talk and go on their way. I honestly don't belong to any of those. I long back for the days when the youth was tight and we all worshiped God and we all hung out and went on trips. Now we do none of that a group of us goes here another of us goes there. We never do anything together. The youth is dying and it'll be hard. We need an awakening I need to start praying for it because I miss the old days
Many of my favorite leaders who we adored who laid the foundation to bring us together, they left. One left to another church after her dad died. Our former president and the older sister I never had, she left when she got married and apparently left the church completely. She's the one who convinced me not to leave church since at that moment I was considering leaving (I never told her so God revealed it to her). There is a void and we never can fill it. I'm one of those people who felt alone all my life, but now the last few years I felt alone in church more than ever. I know, what you're going to say, with God I'm never alone. Yes and for that reason I never left serving him and always felt you're all I need. However many times I've considered leaving and switching churches, because I felt no love of God from my fellow youth when I'm there. I'ts sad. Everyone is in their groups, they talk and go on their way. I honestly don't belong to any of those. I long back for the days when the youth was tight and we all worshiped God and we all hung out and went on trips. Now we do none of that a group of us goes here another of us goes there. We never do anything together. The youth is dying and it'll be hard. We need an awakening I need to start praying for it because I miss the old days