Coffee: One of the greatest beverages, or the greatest beverage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What kind of coffee do you like best?

• I like all kinds of coffee!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I can't stand coffee!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Regular Coffee

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Bold coffee

• Caramel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Vanilla

• Hazelnut

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Irish Cream

• Amaretto

• Espresso

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I drink coffee every day. Usually six to eight cups. Sometimes more. :)

You'd have to peel me off the ceiling or tether me down caused I'd be running in circles like a crazy cat....lol

A

AuntieAnt

Coffees bad for the body. Don't let them tell you otherwise. For every good quality it has, and I'd does have some benefits, there are 2 adverse and harmful effects. It's what I call a net minus food. Does more harm then good.
Hey Joseph, again thanks for your input. I just did some research and found this list of good and bad effects of coffee. Do you mind sharing your thoughts concerning it? Not that I plan to quit drinking coffee as my doctor actually recommends drinking at least a cup a day. The only adverse things I saw were for those who drank too much coffee and went beyond their own tolerance level.

Here's the list:

Coffee contains a small amount of some vitamins and minerals. It is also high in antioxidants.

The main active compound in coffee is the stimulant caffeine. It can cause a short-term boost in energy levels, brain function, metabolic rate and exercise performance.

Several studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of dementia, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease in old age.

Numerous studies have shown that coffee drinkers have a significantly lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

Coffee drinkers have a significantly lower risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer. The more coffee they drink, the lower the risk.

Studies have shown that people who drink coffee have a lower risk of becoming depressed and are significantly less likely to commit suicide.

Some studies have shown that coffee drinkers live longer, which makes perfect sense given that they have a lower risk of many diseases.

Caffeine can have various negative effects, such as causing anxiety and disrupting sleep, but this depends greatly on the individual.

Caffeine is an addictive substance. It can lead to tolerance and well documented withdrawal symptoms like headache, tiredness and irritability.

Decaffeinated coffee is made by extracting caffeine from the coffee beans using solvents. Decaf does not have all of the same health benefits as regular coffee.

It is important not to put sugar or a chemical-laden creamer in your coffee. Brewing with a paper filter can get rid of a cholesterol-raising compound called Cafestol.

Despite having been demonized in the past, the evidence points to coffee being very healthy, at least for the majority of people.

If anything, coffee belongs in the same category as healthy beverages like green tea.

A

AuntieAnt

Also, I thought this was funny. :rolleyes:

not this day.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It is inevitable that in any coffee thread somebody will eventually start preaching against the evils of coffee. It only took 8 years in this thread, but it did eventually happen...

Personally I prefer dark chocolate. I think it tastes better, and as a bonus I never hear anybody preaching against dark chocolate.

Dec 16, 2012
Coffee, sugar, the topic is a trigger. Is coffee a health food? No it’s not. “But you eat sugar, sugar’s way worse than coffee.” What is sugar? Sucrose, mixed with glucose and fructose. When you’re in hospital in intensive care or emergency, unconscious and you’re given a drip, they don’t give you a drip of decaf or caffeine they give you glucose or dextrose to be precise. They give you simple sugars, refined sugars, life saving sugar – coffee is not life saving.

Cocaine, caffeine they’re both stimulants, one is legal, one is not. Would you give caffeine to a baby seeing as you give sugar to a baby? You give sugar to a baby in breast milk – sugar, glucose, sucrose, dextrose, fructose is natural and healthy via fruit. They’re nutrients - caffeine is not a nutrient, it is a pesticide from a little coffee bean. If you attempt to consume a coffee bean, it’s extremely bitter, it’s your body saying don’t consume this. Coffee, caffeine is a pesticide which is a neurotoxin, which is designed to kill any animal or any animal that does eat it will make them sick. Caffeine is toxic, healthy sugar (fruit) will feed every cell in your body, caffeine won’t.

Go to hospital on a drip, see a diabetic have a hypoglycemic shock - give them an apple and they’ll come back instantly. Give them some caffeine and they could have a heart attack. Whenever people say caffeine is good but that sugar in fruit is bad, it just shows ignorance when it comes to health. So when you observe people say 400 grams of caffeine a day is their current intake - which is enough to make any healthy person be up for 48 hours – but they need more - it just goes to show their health status and how addicted they are.

Just because it’s legal like alcohol, doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Don’t be under the illusion that drinking caffeine every single day is doing your body any healthy good, because it’s not.
“oh but there’s antioxidants in caffeine!” another generalized, uneducated point – there’s antioxidants in cigarettes and in faeces but not you’re going to consume those. What you find is that people who consume less fruits and carbohydrates take the most stimulants. Increase your fruit, sleep and water, if you’re tired, do not use stimulants. Music is much stronger than caffeine as a stimulant, there’s no come down from it. Bottom line: cocaine, caffeine, amphetamines are generally not what is given to someone in hospital who is ill – these are all pesticides which are neurotoxins. The best adrenaline spike is given via the best sugar. Look up how caffeine works vs sugar and research the Kreb Citric Acid Cycle – it has sugar in there not coffee.

Coffee is nothing but an abused stimulant “I need it every day, multiple times a day, every week”. I don’t need coffee to get things done, I get sleep, water, sugar (the best kind – fruit) – they’re the greatest energizers. If you’re needing coffee, you’re not eating enough, sleeping enough and drinking enough water. Stimulants are nothing but a crutch. It’s so unhealthy to be drinking coffee at any time but especially when you’re exhausted. I see people at café’s stationary drinking coffee and I know they’re ruining their thyroid and adrenal system. If you’re going to drink coffee every day, as the gifs in this thread indicate, eventually you’re just going down and you need more and more to maintain the same effect. This is adversely affecting adrenal health which is so important. Say no to starbucks the favourite toxic pesticide in society.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, saying "caffeine is bad for you" I don't mind. Comparing it to cocaine, alcohol and tobacco... that is a bit ridiculous. And the repeated references to disrespecting our Temples (our bodies) implies REAL christians shouldn't be drinking coffee - making it a religious thing.

If you want to say caffeine is bad for you, that's one thing. If you go to extremes to make your point, you lose a lot of people. Like me. When you try to make caffeine seem as bad as doing cocaine, when oldthennew tried to make it seem holy to eschew caffeine, I stopped listening.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey Joseph, again thanks for your input. I just did some research and found this list of good and bad effects of coffee. Do you mind sharing your thoughts concerning it? Not that I plan to quit drinking coffee as my doctor actually recommends drinking at least a cup a day. The only adverse things I saw were for those who drank too much coffee and went beyond their own tolerance level.

Here's the list:

Coffee contains a small amount of some vitamins and minerals. It is also high in antioxidants.

The main active compound in coffee is the stimulant caffeine. It can cause a short-term boost in energy levels, brain function, metabolic rate and exercise performance.

Several studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of dementia, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease in old age.

Numerous studies have shown that coffee drinkers have a significantly lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

Coffee drinkers have a significantly lower risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer. The more coffee they drink, the lower the risk.

Studies have shown that people who drink coffee have a lower risk of becoming depressed and are significantly less likely to commit suicide.

Some studies have shown that coffee drinkers live longer, which makes perfect sense given that they have a lower risk of many diseases.

Caffeine can have various negative effects, such as causing anxiety and disrupting sleep, but this depends greatly on the individual.

Caffeine is an addictive substance. It can lead to tolerance and well documented withdrawal symptoms like headache, tiredness and irritability.

Decaffeinated coffee is made by extracting caffeine from the coffee beans using solvents. Decaf does not have all of the same health benefits as regular coffee.

It is important not to put sugar or a chemical-laden creamer in your coffee. Brewing with a paper filter can get rid of a cholesterol-raising compound called Cafestol.

Despite having been demonized in the past, the evidence points to coffee being very healthy, at least for the majority of people.

If anything, coffee belongs in the same category as healthy beverages like green tea.
It is very much a health beverage.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well that's the beauty of it! As I mentioned to a friend a while ago, no matter what you think about coffee you can find official-type studies to back your claim. There are studies that say it is death in a cup and studies that say it has more health benefits than exercise and a balanced diet.

You can even play it both ways with the Bible: Don't judge people for what they eat and drink VS "caffeine damages the temple of God." So either way, you can back up your opinion. :cool:

I have learned when two extremes are presented, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. But I'll leave it to others to figure out where the middle is, while I munch on a dark chocolate kit-kat bar. Those things are delicious!

F

FenceMan

I make hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkle some espresso on top. :D The only way I'd every consume coffee, because generally I think it's disgusting.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
It is inevitable that in any coffee thread somebody will eventually start preaching against the evils of coffee. It only took 8 years in this thread, but it did eventually happen...

Personally I prefer dark chocolate. I think it tastes better, and as a bonus I never hear anybody preaching against dark chocolate.
I can if you want...

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
She said it; do you want your energy via the kreb cycle or from adrenal stimulation? Coffee over time will also damage nerve receptors, as well as:

raise blood pressure
increase risk of heart disease
may be linked to gout attacks
insomnia
allergies
can be a cause of headaches
can be a cause of infetility
Is bad for diabetics
can make menopause symptoms worse
does decrease collagen production
is a cause in bone density loss
lowers the immune system
can cause neurological damage
can cause anxiety and depression
causes systemic inflammation
causes oxidation
stains your teeth.
disrupts digestion
disrupts the microbiota balance
makes the body work harder to maintain proper PH
can cause dehydration

I just listed 24 major and minor adverse reactions due to coffee. And that is not even getting into the sugar and milk most people add to them. You can double that number with sugar and milk.

If anyone here thinks it is still a reasonably healthy or innocuous food, well, I don;t know what to say.

BTW, there is a psychological and emotional component here.
First, simply put, some people don't like to be told they are wrong.
Also, if someone tells you that what you are eating is not good for you, and you actually believe the evidence, but still continue to indulge in that food, you have guilt. Nobody likes guilt, so it is easier for them to rationalize away why they can eat so and so food.

The food companies know this. They put out a list of health benefits of a unhealthy food, knowing full well that overall the food in unhealthy, also knowing that there are people out there who will believe it because they are looking for any excuse to endorse their unhealthy habits and/or lack of discipline.
And then there are those who don't investigate anything.
And there are also those who think if a big company says it with enough window dressing about how this big study firm rubber stamped it, then it must be true and valid and complete.

Heck, you can say cocaine will help you lose weight and would be making a true statement.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2012
we have friends who drink any form of 'caffeine' ANY and at ALL times of the day, every DAY as we have watched them age, they usually often get sick and are so 'addicted' that they simply cannot do certain things unless they have a cuppa in their hand or a 'false BOOST to make themselves 'feel better'...

"I love coffee and I need it as soon as I wake up"
bing a low carb diet will lead to total unsuccess. It just leads you addicted to stimulants as you're not getting that energy from the carbohydrate source from the sugar in fruit and the healthy starches. You're not getting that energy so you get exhausted and you become dependent on stimulants. A healthy person doesn't want to be dependent on anything, just fueling your body correctly and so you're not going to these false sources of energy that ruin both your adrenal glands and liver.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Well that's the beauty of it! As I mentioned to a friend a while ago, no matter what you think about coffee you can find official-type studies to back your claim. There are studies that say it is death in a cup and studies that say it has more health benefits than exercise and a balanced diet.

You can even play it both ways with the Bible: Don't judge people for what they eat and drink VS "caffeine damages the temple of God." So either way, you can back up your opinion. :cool:

I have learned when two extremes are presented, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. But I'll leave it to others to figure out where the middle is, while I munch on a dark chocolate kit-kat bar. Those things are delicious!
The extremes from the bible have no middle truth. One sin is enough to throw the whole world off kilter. We make think that is extreme. but God does not.
The same goes for diet. The bible states what the diet is that God designed for us. You may think it is extreme, but God did not.
The problem is we have fallen so far for so long that even though the bible clearly states what God has given us as a way to live, we consider in our heart and mind extreme.

"White lies" anyone?

A

AuntieAnt

She said it; do you want your energy via the kreb cycle or from adrenal stimulation? Coffee over time will also damage nerve receptors, as well as:

raise blood pressure
increase risk of heart disease
may be linked to gout attacks
insomnia
allergies
can be a cause of headaches
can be a cause of infetility
Is bad for diabetics
can make menopause symptoms worse
does decrease collagen production
is a cause in bone density loss
lowers the immune system
can cause neurological damage
can cause anxiety and depression
causes systemic inflammation
causes oxidation
stains your teeth.
disrupts digestion
disrupts the microbiota balance
makes the body work harder to maintain proper PH
can cause dehydration

I just listed 24 major and minor adverse reactions due to coffee. And that is not even getting into the sugar and milk most people add to them. You can double that number with sugar and milk.

If anyone here thinks it is still a reasonably healthy or innocuous food, well, I don;t know what to say.

BTW, there is a psychological and emotional component here.
First, simply put, some people don't like to be told they are wrong.
Also, if someone tells you that what you are eating is not good for you, and you actually believe the evidence, but still continue to indulge in that food, you have guilt. Nobody likes guilt, so it is easier for them to rationalize away why they can eat so and so food.

The food companies know this. They put out a list of health benefits of a unhealthy food, knowing full well that overall the food in unhealthy, also knowing that there are people out there who will believe it because they are looking for any excuse to endorse their unhealthy habits and/or lack of discipline.
And then there are those who don't investigate anything.
And there are also those who think if a big company says it with enough window dressing about how this big study firm rubber stamped it, then it must be true and valid and complete.

Heck, you can say cocaine will help you lose weight and would be making a true statement.
Thanks for being kind & gracious, Joseph. I will research your claims. :)

weekend.jpg

Dec 16, 2012
Thanks for the rep, so glad you got it!

Coffee, sugar, the topic is a trigger. Is coffee a health food? No it’s not. “But you eat sugar, sugar’s way worse than coffee.” What is sugar? Sucrose, mixed with glucose and fructose. When you’re in hospital in intensive care or emergency, unconscious and you’re given a drip, they don’t give you a drip of decaf or caffeine they give you glucose or dextrose to be precise. They give you simple sugars, refined sugars, life saving sugar – coffee is not life saving.

Cocaine, caffeine they’re both stimulants, one is legal, one is not. Would you give caffeine to a baby seeing as you give sugar to a baby? You give sugar to a baby in breast milk – sugar, glucose, sucrose, dextrose, fructose is natural and healthy via fruit. They’re nutrients - caffeine is not a nutrient, it is a pesticide from a little coffee bean. If you attempt to consume a coffee bean, it’s extremely bitter, it’s your body saying don’t consume this. Coffee, caffeine is a pesticide which is a neurotoxin, which is designed to kill any animal or any animal that does eat it will make them sick. Caffeine is toxic, healthy sugar (fruit) will feed every cell in your body, caffeine won’t.

Go to hospital on a drip, see a diabetic have a hypoglycemic shock - give them an apple and they’ll come back instantly. Give them some caffeine and they could have a heart attack. Whenever people say caffeine is good but that sugar in fruit is bad, it just shows ignorance when it comes to health. So when you observe people say 400 grams of caffeine a day is their current intake - which is enough to make any healthy person be up for 48 hours – but they need more - it just goes to show their health status and how addicted they are.

Just because it’s legal like alcohol, doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Don’t be under the illusion that drinking caffeine every single day is doing your body any healthy good, because it’s not.
“oh but there’s antioxidants in caffeine!” another generalized, uneducated point – there’s antioxidants in cigarettes and in faeces but not you’re going to consume those. What you find is that people who consume less fruits and carbohydrates take the most stimulants. Increase your fruit, sleep and water, if you’re tired, do not use stimulants. Music is much stronger than caffeine as a stimulant, there’s no come down from it. Bottom line: cocaine, caffeine, amphetamines are generally not what is given to someone in hospital who is ill – these are all pesticides which are neurotoxins. The best adrenaline spike is given via the best sugar. Look up how caffeine works vs sugar and research the Kreb Citric Acid Cycle – it has sugar in there not coffee.

Coffee is nothing but an abused stimulant “I need it every day, multiple times a day, every week”. I don’t need coffee to get things done, I get sleep, water, sugar (the best kind – fruit) – they’re the greatest energizers. If you’re needing coffee, you’re not eating enough, sleeping enough and drinking enough water. Stimulants are nothing but a crutch. It’s so unhealthy to be drinking coffee at any time but especially when you’re exhausted. I see people at café’s stationary drinking coffee and I know they’re ruining their thyroid and adrenal system. If you’re going to drink coffee every day, as the gifs in this thread indicate, eventually you’re just going down and you need more and more to maintain the same effect. This is adversely affecting adrenal health which is so important. Say no to starbucks the favourite toxic pesticide in society.

A

AuntieAnt

Now, now Joseph. This is the coffee thread, not the chocolate thread. :rolleyes: LOL j/k

But please feel free to pm me a link or two to any pages on the subject of chocolate. I'd like to check into it.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Article about chocolate by my friend Paul Nisan

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="width: 459"]Raw Toxic Chocolate
by Paul Nison
www.paulnison.com
This month my article is about chocolate. I chose to write abut this topic because many raw food eaters today are being misled and told that it is healthy. It is dangerous and people need to know the truth.

More True Information on the Negative Effects of Cacao…

Since my last article on the negative effects of cacao, many people have agreed with me how toxic it really is. On the other hand, there were some people who would not change their mind about it no matter what the cost. In fact, those people became angry with me. The truth can hurt, but I’m just the messenger. As I said in my last article about cacao, I wish it were healthy, but the fact is it is not! Whether you are willing to admit it or not is your decision, but there are so many foods that are proven to be healthy, why continue to take some that are up for debate? Many people are being misled to believe cacao and other raw foods are healthy. Many of the people who promote it, have a good heart and really feel it is a good food, but I know there are many who sell this product knowing it is toxic and addictive, just to make money.

I recently spoke to a good friend of mine Jeremy Saffaron. Jeremy has been involved in the raw food community for a very long time. He has the author of a raw food recipe book and also an excellent resource guide. Jeremy told me he was the first person to do any raw research with cacao involving the raw food movement. He spent 4 years (1999 -2003) studying the effects of cacao and has dedicated countless hours surfing the net, talking with specialists, and even got involved with the University of Hawaii, who’s agriculture branch is looking into raw cacao toxicity.

When Jeremy first found out about cacao he was so excited about it. He sold it for a short while (2001-2002) and was the first person to let others in the raw food world know about it. Again I repeat, JEREMY WAS THE FIRST PERSON IN THE RAW WORLD to let others know about cacao.

He turned on many raw food promoters to it because he believed at the time that is was an amazing discovery as a great tasting, nutritionally loaded food and it was also a way to connect with his friends who were still addicted to cooked chocolate even though they were raw otherwise. Another big turn on was the fact that many of the daily coffee drinkers he knew in the yoga scene were glad to switch to raw cacao from their roasted coffee. Jeremy told me he never drank coffee in his life, but as a kid did eat chocolate from the store. But 13 years ago, he stopped eating chocolate because he found out about the bugs that were in all chocolate. (I mentioned that in my last article about cacao.)

With all the excitement about raw chocolate and all the benefits, Jeremy was thrilled to get the product to the public. However, when Jeremy was selling it, he did warn people that all the studies on it were not in yet so to be careful not to over due it until further research is conducted. It was also very cost prohibitive at the time at twenty five cents a bean, plus each bean had to be personally peeled to eat them. (By the way, this should be a hint about how much can and should be eaten in one sitting.)

After eating cacao for six months, Jeremy didn’t really experience negative side effects, but he noticed those around him whose health and digestion weren’t as efficient as his started to experience issues with the cacao. That was the first sign that lead him to begin to study the negative effects of cacao.

I myself have a similar experience. I consumed cacao in small amounts as well, but unlike Jeremy, I felt the difference every time I tried it. It didn’t make me feel good. A good friend of mine, doctor Fred Bisci ,a raw foodist for about 40 years, also confirmed what Jeremy and I suspected, cacao is toxic!

Jeremy’s findings were as follows:

• No animal in nature will eat it unless tricked into it with milk or sugar.
  • If you can convince an animal to eat it then it greatly shortens their life span if it doesn’t kill them immediately.
  • The native people who ate it only ate the fruit of the theobroma (which contains all the benefits and none of the detriments) and only used the cacao seed as an addition to their psychedelic brew ahyuwasca and as a medicine in emergencies.
  • Native people did not eat it as a food nor as a supplement, only for sacred use.
  • Cacao is one of the most addictive substances known
  • Cacao is super toxic to the liver
  • It acts as a stimulant and agitates the kidneys and adrenal glands. This can cause: insomnia, nightmares, waking up in the middle of the night, shakes, and extreme energy shifts
  • It is extremely clogging due to the toxins carried in the oils contained within. Plus the fat chains are highly complex and require tons of work to break down.
  • The result of long term use is a high level of liver and blood toxicity which can cause extreme mood swings, angry outbursts, violence, depression, paranoia, & dizziness.
  • In some cases of long term use, there are also psychological effects that range from addictive tendencies, sexual dysfunction, violent outbursts, lack of reasoning, and decreased will.
  • At mega does of 40 plus beans, it acts as a hallucinogen and can cause many effects attributed to LSD or Hashish
Jeremy concludes that his personal study (it took 1.5 years of him eating it to see extreme negative effects) and his friends showed him clearly the negative effects of cacao.

From my study it seems that the people using cooked cacao powder had less toxic effects than those using roasted cacao beans whole and far, far less than those using whole, raw cacao beans.

There are a good amount of people who have experienced the same negative affect of cacao and have changed their opinion about it being such a super food. I personally can’t see anyone taking it for a long time not feeling the negative effects on some level. A big problem is, at that point so many people are already addicted to it and can’t stop even if they wanted to. Very similar to the addiction people have to cooked food. They just can’t except that it’s not healthy for them so they make excuses to keep consuming it.

Jeremy and I both feel the sadness that raw food promoters command so much public attention and use it to sell anything they can. It should be information, not products that people seek out.

The bottom line is no matter what someone feels, or believes, cacao is toxic! Science will confirm it. You may be able to consume the drug cacao and not have felt any negative affects, but in time you will. Please do not wait to experience the negative affects and get off this drug as soon as you can.

For those of you who say, I am always knocking someone else’s glory or product, I can just reply by saying I am concerned about each individual’s health. That is the most important thing to me. I know what it is like to live with disease and I want to help as many people as possible avoid it. I am so blessed to know people like Jeremy who have an open mind and continue to share the same mission with me of bringing the truth to the surface and helping others.

Jeremy and I acknowledge there are many toxic things that people do everyday from using a computer, to driving a car, from drinking coffee to smoking to all sorts of wild practices and toxic substances and experiences. Each one must make a choice and it’s our hope that people with power use it responsibly.

Jeremy wanted me to share with my readers a warning to always study and research before promoting or selling anything. He learned the hard way. Years ago he promoted the use of coconuts because he lived in the tropics and knew the benefits well. The down side was people wanting coconuts and not realizing that the answer was to go where they grow. Instead they found a way to engage in exploitation and buy toxic formaldehyde dipped bleached nuts wrapped in plastic irradiated from Thailand. He went back and tried to dissuade people from eating the toxic nuts but they didn’t seem to care. Cacao seems the same, those who want to engage with it will, toxic or not. (Once again after recently getting tons of coconuts right off the trees in Florida, I feel such a difference after eating Thai coconuts.)

Jeremy’s final stand on cacao is it is for medicinal, sacred and entertainment usage only, it is not a health food! My personal, final opinion is that we should only consume foods for nutritional needs, anything else will lead to disease, especially the way we overuse it!
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I can say that personally I felt negative effects in my body when I was eating raw cocoa. I ate it on and off for around a year. Sometimes I would not eat it for a month, sometimes I would eat it for 15 out of 20 days, etc.
It's a toxic food. No way around it.
Obviously if raw cocoa is toxic, then you say the same thing x2 for chocolate.
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble or be a party popper, but I am just telling it like it is.
If you want something that is close to the taste of chocolate and much healthier use raw carob powder. If you mix it with fruit and Lucema powder and/or Mesquite powder it is a very good tasting and much healthier alternative. One can even make a chocolate like syrup using carob powder.
If you just have a sweet tooth stick to carob or fruit as the healthiest ways to satisfy the urge.

You may not notice the damage from cacao/chocolate at first, or maybe not at all, if you body sensitivity is low, which is the case with most people, but it will cause harm and age the body over time, if you are consistently eating it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This thread is a great example of the CC forum, before and after.

Before: A light-hearted thread about coffee.
After: A bunch of recrimination, complete with religious tie-ins and hyperbole.

Go back and read the posts from 2009. Then read the posts from this week (in this thread or frankly in almost all the threads currently active on the forum.) It's like night and day.

These days no matter what you say on the CC forum, somebody will promptly disagree and then hammer the disagreement home with a lot of blarney.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Information is power.
My people perish because of a lack of knowledge.
i guess ignorance really is bliss.