Coffee shop/bakery name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Co
I had a co-worker who always used to fuss over us having to be there "at the butt crack of dawn." 😁🌅😬
Coffee is roasted to just passed first Crack and almost to two a lot of times. Just saying.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Co

Coffee is roasted to just passed first Crack and almost to two a lot of times. Just saying.
And yet another idea for a proper, respectable business!

Welcome to Two Crack Coffee (And Buns!)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

Since we want to make artisan breads with crunchy crusty crusts....

"Crackin Coffee and Buns".

Claudette

Apr 10, 2021
For some reason, the first name that popped into my head was "Muffins 'N' Stuffin's," but that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the products he'll be selling (at least, not the majority of them, or the star players.)

But it just sounded so cute.

Ok, I'll just let myself out the back door now.

One thing is for sure -- for any friends interested in a future meetup, if we're anywhere near TN, we are all definitely going to have to storm the place like it's never been stormed before.

It'll be like those good old black and white monster movies where the villagers are headed to the castle, torches and pitchforks in hand.

I wonder how John will react when he gets mobbed by a group of very hangry CC villagers. :D

Jun 28, 2022
🍩Donuts and coffee shop with other goodies on the side.

The Hole [as in donut hole] Bean?

Claudette

Apr 10, 2021

FIKA is good name for coffee house. It is Swedish and means It means, Take a break with coffee and a pastry. Google FIKA for the complete meaning.

Jun 28, 2022
🍩Donuts and coffee shop with other goodies on the side.

The Hole [as in donut hole] Bean?
The other benefit to that name, The Hole Bean, is the allusion of ''hole'' to ''whole'', so to allow offering a whole lot more on the menu. Therein serving to relate to donuts and more. Which in itself is a name but has been in use in a Quad cities business for decades.

If you use gourmet fresh ground beans for your coffee the word will get around.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
FIKA is good name for coffee house. It is Swedish and means It means, Take a break with coffee and a pastry. Google FIKA for the complete meaning.
I remember.. having a cup of coffee..
- in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Many years ago..

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The other benefit to that name, The Hole Bean, is the allusion of ''hole'' to ''whole'', so to allow offering a whole lot more on the menu. Therein serving to relate to donuts and more. Which in itself is a name but has been in use in a Quad cities business for decades.

If you use gourmet fresh ground beans for your coffee the word will get around.
The LA Marzocco espresso machine and the Estrada bean grinders will be a huge clue.....as well as the burlap bags that once held coffee beans with countries, farms, and houses printed on them.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I would call it pancake house just to confuse everyone lol.
But seriously, I was watching something on you tube where a christian lady had a desire to open a small coffee shop esp for people who could not afford to grab a coffee and snack. Because God had answered so many of her prayers she decided to place a small black board outside the shop with "Do you need a miracle" written on it.
Someone passing by wanted a coffee and needed a miracle and went inside the joint. They ordered a coffee and enquired about the sign. The owner said that she and her staff pray for anybody who needs a miracle. This person went on to explain that he needed a miracle so they prayed and God answered the prayer. I can't remember exactly what it was it was a few years ago.
Anyways this person became saved, spread the word about the coffee shop and a few people turned up for prayer. Their prayers were also answered and the coffee shop grew and grew. I think it would be awesome to run and be involved with something like that.

Jun 28, 2022
The LA Marzocco espresso machine and the Estrada bean grinders will be a huge clue.....as well as the burlap bags that once held coffee beans with countries, farms, and houses printed on them.
Espresso and 🍩 ? Your going to spoil people. 😉

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Keys are handed over on Monday.

Gonna shoot for a F&F open on the 19th.

F&F is friends and family. It's not the real open....

That happens after we get the renovations finished....lots of fanfare and balloons and and etc.

We don't have our state sales tax number yet....

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well, we are getting the keys in the morning.
And tonight I have formed the English muffins with the Sourdough starter.

In the morning I'll grill them off and see how they are.

Might need some butter.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well....they look overproofed this morning. I haven't grilled them yet...skillet is heating. But I had no room in the fridge. Oh well. I can refrigerate the dough if I need to when working....that will likely work.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Wellllll, cooked them anyway.

They are sour. But I can't get a good enough taste to see how to adjust the recipe. They got Fibre in them and I got a colon check tomorrow. So....further analysis will have to wait and I can have the wife taste them for me in a couple of hours or so.

Besides....they need to rest after being gridded.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Grilled sourdough muffins? That rose and then fell?

I could make some killer corned beef sandwiches with something like that. REAL corned beef, not that junk from a can.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Grilled sourdough muffins? That rose and then fell?

I could make some killer corned beef sandwiches with something like that. REAL corned beef, not that junk from a can.
They rose....and overproofed. I raised them while I was sleeping but not in the fridge. English muffins are usually griddled for their "baking".

I had two test batches going with various variables. Two batches of starter. Two types of flour. The recipe is off a bit but I will adjust it. The starter was what I am most concerned about. One has gone off the rails already and needs to be trained back.

Wife said that one was better than the other but wasn't really sour enough. But the texture was fine. Chewy and sour is what I'm going for. So....

More to fix. But it's an elusive thing....getting that perfect loaf. And my toddlers (AKA Sourdough starters) need more training to get right. Yes, they are children/pets.