Come One, Come All... It's Time for An Official CC Roll Call!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You seem like an opportunistic introvert. You'll take advantage of extrovert situations if they are available, feasible and if you still have the energy for them.

You enjoy them, but don't thrive on them. It takes so long for you to recharge after an extrovert situation that it can make friends worry about your health. Maybe your battery is shot and needs to be replaced. Or maybe you forgot and left your wifi and bluetooth on to drain your battery as fast as it recharges.
This is actually very insightful and helpful, thank you.

You are spot-on when you say my battery takes an extra long time to recharge. I've been wanting to plan kind of an extroverted bonanza in the fall, and I'm already asking God for help in saving up my energy.

I guess it's because when I'm around people, and even here in the threads, I feel like I need to be "on." I need to be thinking of things to try to bring people together, start conversations, try to make people laugh after their long, exhausting, and sometimes very lonely days. My brain is always calculating, measuring, how to "say" things in written words: "No, it'll flow better if you rearrange these sentences here; it'll come across as more humorous if you make a pause there; it might be easier for people to read if you reword this paragraph in the middle."

In my head, I'm always thinking of how to "word" things, until it actually tumbles out onto the pages.

But as we are talking about in another thread, there is always a price to pay.

I can keep this up for a little while...

And then I crash out for months, because I need all my regular energy just for daily life.

Eventually, I will gradually nickel and dime any extra little tidbits of energy until I store up enough for another bull run.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
You know, it's really funny. I always say I'm an introvert who can masquerade as an extrovert.

Now I'm curious. @Lynx @cinder @RodB651, do I come across as outgoing in real life? Of course, I knew y'all before I met you so that's kind of cheating and doesn't really give an accurate representation.
In real life you like to kill me with laughter then accuse me of trying to kill you and / or your pets.

I think in real life you hide your personality behind politeness more. You aren't the classical "Oh yuck people" kind of introvert, you're more like the kid who goes out and plays hard then crashes.

But then for much of the real life time we spent together, I went off on my own and wasn't around you. Because I wanna be the most introverted introvert around (or because I'm so used to going and doing my own thing alone that I forget to think about including other people).

But writing seems to suit you better, it lets you communicate deeply and at length with people without imposing on them or feeling like you're being a bother. You aren't so much the life of the party in person, but you're the one with a couple people in the corner having the best conversation (and probably petting and hugging all the stuffed animals).

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
In real life you like to kill me with laughter then accuse me of trying to kill you and / or your pets.
Hey now.

At least when I try to kill you, it's with laughter -- as in, something pleasant and an enjoyable way to go. (NOT that I'm actually trying to off you, I'm just saying if it happened accidentally, you'd go out like the Joker -- laughing all the way.) :cool:

When YOU try to kill ME... You do so by attempted strangulation -- in my sleep -- and I wake up with an arm awfully close to being wrapped around my neck as proof. :LOL:

I think in real life you hide your personality behind politeness more. You aren't the classical "Oh yuck people" kind of introvert, you're more like the kid who goes out and plays hard then crashes.
You aren't so much the life of the party in person, but you're the one with a couple people in the corner having the best conversation (and probably petting and hugging all the stuffed animals).
And with this one post, Cinder has officially outed me. o_O:geek::ROFL:

Seriously, I really appreciate your observations because they're the kinds of things you kinda sorta know about yourself but can't really articulate -- until someone else does it for you, and better than you ever could yourself.

Note to self:

Forget any consideration of expensive therapy in the future. Cinder and Lynx can analyze, diagnose, and prescribe a treatment plan all in two posts. :LOL:

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
1. NAME YOU'D LIKE TO BE CALLED: Ann

2. COMFY OUTFIT OF CHOICE: sweats in winter and a hoodie or puffy jacket

3. PURPOSE FOR BEING ON THE FORUM: share my mysterious insights and findings, fellowship with other believers, prayer

4. PRONOUNS * she/her

5. MOST FAVORITE MEAL OF CHOICE: mom’s homemade beef stew with corn on the side

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
1. NAME YOU'D LIKE TO BE CALLED: Melita (meh-Lee-tah)

2. COMFY OUTFIT OF CHOICE: pjs all day, every day (except when I have to leave the house lol)

3. PURPOSE FOR BEING ON THE FORUM: cause drama. Lolololol

4. PRONOUNS: since becoming a parent, my pronouns are idk/what I’m doing

5. MOST FAVORITE MEAL OF CHOICE: pasta! Pizza! Ice cream!!!!!

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Awww, this is so fun! I want to be called Toot-Toot.😂

Clothing: My old Mardi Gras dress. It’s extremely comfy, a little worn out but that’s okay.

Purpose: Oh, now let me see. I admit that I like some drama. Was I not supposed to say that?

Pronouns: Definitely She/Her. With a capital letter! Or even better: Mademoiselle (okay, I know I’m too old for that but I’d still like that).

My favorite food is whatever you can find in a bayou…lol…nooo, I’m just kidding!😂 I love everything that can be barbecued. You better not know what I like to drink.🤭

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Mais non, mademoiselle, it is not about age. A lady can be 103 and still be single and be a mademoiselle. Un commercant may not address an adult lady as mademoiselle nearly as often, but... c'est la guerre.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Mais non, mademoiselle, it is not about age. A lady can be 103 and still be single and be a mademoiselle. Un commercant may not address an adult lady as mademoiselle nearly as often, but... c'est la guerre.
Tu parles français? Magnifique!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Tu parles français? Magnifique!
I took a year of it in high school, just enough to comprehend syntax and grammar but not enough to remember much vocabulary at all.

Although I do know that "tu parles" is being awfully familiar with a random person on an internet forum... :p

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
Now I'm curious. @Lynx @cinder @RodB651, do I come across as outgoing in real life? Of course, I knew y'all before I met you so that's kind of cheating and doesn't really give an accurate representation.
You are the life of the party!!!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Note to self:

Forget any consideration of expensive therapy in the future. Cinder and Lynx can analyze, diagnose, and prescribe a treatment plan all in two posts. :LOL:
Ah thank you, now I remember what my purpose for being on CC is ..... Free amateur therapy and making people face the truth about themselves. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I am Ed.

I am a CC addict. It’s been 12 hours since my last drin, er post! I come to CC to feed my addiction.

I like cheese.

My pronouns are Ed, Ed, and Eddy.

If my name was Jimmy, they would be Jimmy.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
I took a year of it in high school, just enough to comprehend syntax and grammar but not enough to remember much vocabulary at all.

Although I do know that "tu parles" is being awfully familiar with a random person on an internet forum... :p
Sorry, I get a little carried away when someone speaks French.🤭

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I am Ed.
My pronouns are Ed, Ed, and Eddy.
Hi Ed!

Great to see you!

Loved this answer for your pronouns. :D

Have you ever watched the show? (I haven't, but would out of sheer curiosity.)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
4) Pronouns: As a nod to another thread: real/Whangdoodle.
Can you please direct me on where I can read about the origins of the "Real Whang Doodle". ?

This is one of the most intriguing pronouns yet, and curiosity has definitely gotten the best of me! :p

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
Can you please direct me on where I can read about the origins of the "Real Whang Doodle". ?

This is one of the most intriguing pronouns yet, and curiosity has definitely gotten the best of me! :p
The meaning is in the Word Association thread, probably somewhere between page 35 and 45...it may not be totally understandable though unless you're a real Whangdoodle lol :LOL:

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
1. NAME YOU'D LIKE TO BE CALLED: Snackersmom, Snackers, Nichole. Or just make up something that amuses you and I'll probly be fine with it :cool:

2. COMFY OUTFIT OF CHOICE: Jeans and a T-shirt. Add a hoodie if it's cold.

3. PURPOSE FOR BEING ON THE FORUM:
I joined this site about 13 years ago because I wasn't attending church at the time and thought it would be a good place to get my iron sharpened. It proved to be that and so much more, the final piece of the puzzle that banished the last wispy tendrils of the dark cloud I had been living under.

I started a 10-year hiatus in 2013 due to lack of time. A few weeks ago I randomly logged back in and pretty much got straight to causing chaos (unintentionally! :eek:). It's good to see some familiar screen-names :). I've been wondering about some things and doing some existential pondering during the farming off-season and thought this would be a good place to get some outside perspectives. I appreciate y'alls input! :cool:

4. PRONOUNS: Prank/Prankster, Sunset/Junkie, Chaos/Coordinator <----my unofficial job title at work o_O

5. MOST FAVORITE MEAL OF CHOICE: Lamb Gyro made in a tiny Greek restaurant on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it! but in general I enjoy trying all kinds of different foods, especially ethnic foods.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
1. NAME YOU'D LIKE TO BE CALLED: Pip, Pippy, Misty

2. COMFY OUTFIT OF CHOICE: Pajamas.. some sort of pajama pants and an oversized shirt.

3. PURPOSE FOR BEING ON THE FORUM: A friend brought me along so he wouldn't have to join alone. He stayed 1 day, I been here like 10 years. I love to make friends and I have definitely made some good ones here.

4. PRONOUNS: silly goose

5. MOST FAVORITE MEAL OF CHOICE: probably steak and a baked sweet potato

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hi Ed!

Great to see you!

Loved this answer for your pronouns. :D

Have you ever watched the show? (I haven't, but would out of sheer curiosity.)

I think I watched it a little bit when my boys were young.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Awww, this is so fun! I want to be called Toot-Toot.😂

Clothing: My old Mardi Gras dress. It’s extremely comfy, a little worn out but that’s okay.

Purpose: Oh, now let me see. I admit that I like some drama. Was I not supposed to say that?

Pronouns: Definitely She/Her. With a capital letter! Or even better: Mademoiselle (okay, I know I’m too old for that but I’d still like that).

My favorite food is whatever you can find in a bayou…lol…nooo, I’m just kidding!😂 I love everything that can be barbecued. You better not know what I like to drink.🤭
Sorry for bumping up my own post, but the first time I joined this site was back in 1999. It was no forums back then, only chat, and my screen name was Susana_Isabel…imagine if just one person here had remembered that?! Lol