Common ground.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
When looking to build, maintain, or start new relationships, what are the main building blocks you like to see come to fruition?

1567451102756.jpeg
Sure, since this site is religious based, we would all prefer to have a common bound in Christ. What other things are important to you?

1567451196885.png

How do you deal with relationships that are one sided, how do you make those relationships work?

Since we are on CC, what things do you like to see in posters when sharing ideas?

1567451355522.jpeg

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What is important to me is to be accepted for the person that I am.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I still find communication foundational. To me good communication encompasses a large number of other important qualities.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Good communication is active listening and acknowledging the other person's statement. Bad communication is not listening and only caring about what you have to say or feel.

I admit I was one of the worst communicators, but working over the years has helped to be better at it. One thing I learned is, all people are different, and have different communication styles. Some you. may like more than others.

1567474868639.png

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jesus Christ but also...the Bible cos thats His book.
You cant make one sided relationships work. You both need to turn around to face up to each other.
Ideas. I like to see..anyone who's inspired.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When looking to build, maintain, or start new relationships, what are the main building blocks you like to see come to fruition?
The main building blocks can change depending on the situation. But I know how to always figure out what those building blocks are in any given interaction - by listening. :cool:

A lot of people don't bother listening to other people because it takes time and effort and they don't really see a reason to care about what other people think anyway. It's much easier to barge ahead with their own lives. But they miss so many neat things!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Communication is key in a lot of things.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Speaking of common ground...

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Any type of relationship needs honesty that is filtered through kindness and compassion. It needs openness so that walls can't build and connectedness can flourish. It needs people willing to be the other person's biggest fan, defender, support and listening ear. It needs real friendship that doesn't hide behind roles. For me, humour and humility are really key. Honestly I think that when we get home we will all realize that there were things we didn't know, so we need to be willing to learn. I see all these as essential foundational components to enduring relationships.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Any type of relationship needs honesty that is filtered through kindness and compassion. It needs openness so that walls can't build and connectedness can flourish. It needs people willing to be the other person's biggest fan, defender, support and listening ear. It needs real friendship that doesn't hide behind roles. For me, humour and humility are really key. Honestly I think that when we get home we will all realize that there were things we didn't know, so we need to be willing to learn. I see all these as essential foundational components to enduring relationships.
That sounds like to much work, there has got to be another way?!?! What about on our down days when someone doesn't have the energy to be kind and have compassion? I'm just asking questions to be objective, not to be annoying. Do you think some people just don't have the chemistry to have a meaningful relationship? Are the destined to live a lone and have a dog or cat? Not that it's bad, but just bouncing ideas off you.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
That sounds like to much work, there has got to be another way?!?! What about on our down days when someone doesn't have the energy to be kind and have compassion? I'm just asking questions to be objective, not to be annoying. Do you think some people just don't have the chemistry to have a meaningful relationship? Are the destined to live a lone and have a dog or cat? Not that it's bad, but just bouncing ideas off you.
Hey there kinda. Your first line cracked me up. I understand about off days. Relationships are not really ever 50/50. Often it is more like 80/20, the 40/60 and so on. Who knows how long one person might be stuck? For me the difference would be if I know the person loves me and would be there for me if they could. Any meaningful relationship, romantic or friendship goes way beyond chemistry. It is the choice to let down the wall. It is the choice to choose happiness over always having to be right. It is enjoying seeing the light in your partner's eyes, and yeah, it is work.
If we are each other's support, you know you have something special, but it isn't enough. As a Christian I've always loved the example of two people leaning on God. Seriously, people are too flawed to be everything to another human being. No one can meet all of someone else's need. Not only is it too much pressure, but I don't know how it is possible. There are times I haven't liked having my attitudes reflected back to me but it was so important, as long as it is done with love. Kinda, I kinda think that with the right person you'll both be able to take that dog for a walk (don't try it with the cat, lol.)