Comparative religion or interreligious section

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
That is just the point. You don't understand what I am talking about and yet you respond. If you don't have time to go back and understand the situation, don't respond until you do understand. I never said turn this forum into other than a Christianity forum. And I am tired of explaining and paraphrasing what I've already said. If you are interested, go back and reread or don't respond to what you're not understanding.
When you make a suggestion I think would be harmful, I don't think I need to read your entire post. Why can't you write short posts like me?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
This type of suggestion has come up several times over the years and I can pretty much guarantee that it ain't gonna happen.

Feb 28, 2016
this sounds very 'reasonable', _ {hub and I] 'usually avoid 'way to llongg Posts,
unless The Holy Spirit leads us otherwise.,.only then can it be really great...
'the least said in the fewest real-Words, are the most Holy! what:)!

B

Burninglight

When you make a suggestion I think would be harmful, I don't think I need to read your entire post. Why can't you write short posts like me?
My post are not that long, and you are entitled to your opinion. BTW, it is more harmful to know the truth and not share it with the lost for fear!

B

Burninglight

This type of suggestion has come up several times over the years and I can pretty much guarantee that it ain't gonna happen.

Why do you think that? and do you agree with it and why or why not?

Dec 19, 2009
My post are not that long, and you are entitled to your opinion. BTW, it is more harmful to know the truth and not share it with the lost for fear!
There is no spiritual truth that is not contained in Christianity.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. If Christians are not banned for trying to push their beliefs on other people( such as when the rapture will happen, works based salvation vs grace based salvation) then non-Christians should not be banned for trying to push their beliefs on others.

B

Burninglight

There is no spiritual truth that is not contained in Christianity.
That is not true. Christianity is a board term. it means a lot of different things to different people; for instance, JWs, Mormons and many cults consider themselves followers of the religion of Christianity just as you do.

It is more accurate to say, "There is no spiritual truth that is not contained in the Spirit Christ" It is the Holy Sprit that leads us into all truth; it is a relationship with God through Christ not a religion.

Perhaps that is why you're not seeing clearly. I hope this helps you. I pray that God leads you to the knowledge of truth.

B

Burninglight

That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. If Christians are not banned for trying to push their beliefs on other people( such as when the rapture will happen, works based salvation vs grace based salvation) then non-Christians should not be banned for trying to push their beliefs on others.
I love your heart attitude!

B

Burninglight

You are correct. I agree 100%. There is more danger from those who claim to be Christian and lead God's people astray into a works trip and false unscriptural doctrines about the rapture.

Dec 19, 2009
That is not true. Christianity is a board term. it means a lot of different things to different people; for instance, JWs, Mormons and many cults consider themselves followers of the religion of Christianity just as you do.

It is more accurate to say, "There is no spiritual truth that is not contained in the Spirit Christ" It is the Holy Sprit that leads us into all truth; it is a relationship with God through Christ not a religion.

Perhaps that is why you're not seeing clearly. I hope this helps you. I pray that God leads you to the knowledge of truth.
You could have let this thing go several posts ago when you said I had the right to express my opinion and I said that that is what I did. Instead, you prolong this argument. There will be no end to it. I repeat, Christianity tells us everything we need to know.

B

Burninglight

You could have let this thing go several posts ago when you said I had the right to express my opinion and I said that that is what I did. Instead, you prolong this argument. There will be no end to it. I repeat, Christianity tells us everything we need to know.
Okay, no problem it ends here. I didn't say anything harmful as you stated by my suggesting comparative religion for evangelistic purposes; so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I hear much worst things coming from those who claim to be Christians then those of other religions. I am just surprised by your reaction, but I respect your opinion.

Blessings to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 19, 2009
Okay, no problem it ends here. I didn't say anything harmful as you stated by my suggesting comparative religion for evangelistic purposes; so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I hear much worst things coming from those who claim to be Christians then those of other religions. I am just surprised by your reaction, but I respect your opinion.

Blessings to you
Okay, we can stop here, but I want to say it again: Christianity contains all the teachings you need to go to heaven. That doesn't make Christians angels. Some people call themselves Christians but don't even try to obey the Lord.

Maybe other religions also contain all the knowledge you need to go to heaven, but it serves no purpose to mix religions. It's like having two recipes for a great pie. You can use one or the other, but don't mix them together.

Blessings to you as well.

B

Burninglight

Okay, we can stop here, but I want to say it again: Christianity contains all the teachings you need to go to heaven. That doesn't make Christians angels. Some people call themselves Christians but don't even try to obey the Lord.

Maybe other religions also contain all the knowledge you need to go to heaven, but it serves no purpose to mix religions. It's like having two recipes for a great pie. You can use one or the other, but don't mix them together.

Blessings to you as well.
You are correct, the message of salvation is in Christianity only no mix needed and not in any other religion that doesn't recognize Jesus as Lord..