Conflicted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
This is probably the absolute worst place to post this as I forsee a giant argument but I'm stupid so why not. I started a project that incorporates monsters. I'm good with most of them but I'm iffy on Vampires. Dhampirs I feel more comfortable with but my friend who is living with me conveniently has a encyclopedia of Vampires. Lots of Babylonian myths as well as the oldest story written down which is falsely attributed to vampiric activity. The vampires we have today are a very good amount of fictionalization. Interestingly enough some theorize Bram Stokers Dracula as being Anti Darwinism as he openly rejected humanism and evolution which is interesting. But a lot old myths associate demons and vampires. The term Black mass is also a popular one. (A demonization of a Catholic mass seems laughably ironic since the concept of mass is very unchristian.) Any who I chose to use Dhampirs instead and I'm thinking of portraying Vampires as pure villains but what kind of vampire to use might be a tough choice. Or I could just keep Dhampirs and forget the vampire thing all together.

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019
😳.............*Crickets Chirping and Silence* 😂😂😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I remember a game called Vampire: The Masquerade. It was a table-top game, but they made three video games out of it.

In that game world, all vampires are directly descended from Cain himself. Yeah, that Cain, Adam and Eve's firstborn.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
This is probably the absolute worst place to post this as I forsee a giant argument but I'm stupid so why not. I started a project that incorporates monsters. I'm good with most of them but I'm iffy on Vampires. Dhampirs I feel more comfortable with but my friend who is living with me conveniently has a encyclopedia of Vampires. Lots of Babylonian myths as well as the oldest story written down which is falsely attributed to vampiric activity. The vampires we have today are a very good amount of fictionalization. Interestingly enough some theorize Bram Stokers Dracula as being Anti Darwinism as he openly rejected humanism and evolution which is interesting. But a lot old myths associate demons and vampires. The term Black mass is also a popular one. (A demonization of a Catholic mass seems laughably ironic since the concept of mass is very unchristian.) Any who I chose to use Dhampirs instead and I'm thinking of portraying Vampires as pure villains but what kind of vampire to use might be a tough choice. Or I could just keep Dhampirs and forget the vampire thing all together.
Hey bro, I’m not sure what conflict you have here aside from picking two different themes?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Hey bro, I’m not sure what conflict you have here aside from picking two different themes?
Yeah that happens alot I start out with one problem than it resolves or changes while I'm typing 😳 and than it has nothing to do with the title *sigh*

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
One option is to write a new origin story. One Christian fiction author wrote a trilogy where he did this. His version was that there were corpses buried under the place where Judas hung himself. When Judas blood reached them it infected them and thus that was where vampirism was born.
So don't be confined by existing lore. But keeping them as the bad guys is still probably a better option.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Koji,

Ok, so my knowledge of vampires is extremely limited, and I watched Blade, Vampire Hunter D, and Blood Rayne about a lifetime ago. :)

But if I remember (feel free to correct me), Dhampirs are a human/vampire mix, right?

I always kind of liked stories about them, because you never could be quite sure what their powers or abilities would be or how they might react in any given situation. I found stories of Dhampirs going after their vampiric ancestors to be quite intriguing. Is there a story of a Dhampir that actually befriends vampires? (How did it turn out?)

Hmm. And now I'm thinking of a female character in the version of Vampire Hunter D I saw in which she prided herself on what she thought was her noble vampiric blood -- until she found out her mother was actually human.

I'm just curious, why do you feel the need to choose one kind over another? Could your story incorporate several different types together?

Nov 20, 2019
Seems like you kind of worked out your problem on your own :D. Vampires as good guys always disgusts me.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Hi Koji,

Ok, so my knowledge of vampires is extremely limited, and I watched Blade, Vampire Hunter D, and Blood Rayne about a lifetime ago. :)

But if I remember (feel free to correct me), Dhampirs are a human/vampire mix, right?

I always kind of liked stories about them, because you never could be quite sure what their powers or abilities would be or how they might react in any given situation. I found stories of Dhampirs going after their vampiric ancestors to be quite intriguing. Is there a story of a Dhampir that actually befriends vampires? (How did it turn out?)

Hmm. And now I'm thinking of a female character in the version of Vampire Hunter D I saw in which she prided herself on what she thought was her noble vampiric blood -- until she found out her mother was actually human.

I'm just curious, why do you feel the need to choose one kind over another? Could your story incorporate several different types together?
Indeed a Dhampir would be a half breed and a lot take up vampire hunting. Blood Rayne was...a game lol I enjoyed it when I was younger but I probably wouldn't now lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Don't talk about Blood Rayne. I made the mistake of getting that game. Very poor quality gameplay, very poor story.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Don't talk about Blood Rayne. I made the mistake of getting that game. Very poor quality gameplay, very poor story.
The 2nd is better I believe. But if your not a fan of over the top gore it's rather pointless lol