Connection problem!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RalphLou

Nov 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm 45 Ralph from Arizona i have been in Cc for the past few months I have never had any login issues with Cc but now for the past few days whenever I open Cc the feedback I get is connection problem! That I should check my wifi/data connection then try again whereas my network is working fine only Cc not working, I don't know why?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
My answer is based on the assumption that you are speaking about using the chat app not the forums.

Chat, due to voice and video streaming, takes a large amount of bandwidth so routinely persons can experience issues that don't happen elsewhere. Individual internet speeds can vary routinely day by day, just because you ISP advertises a given speed for your service doesn't mean that is the speed you have all the time.

Just for example, as I was writing this reply I ran three separate internet speed tests on my service about three minutes apart and came up with a fluxtuation of about 3mbps download speed which is huge when my service is supposedly 7mbps.

RalphLou

Nov 4, 2018
I have tried to open it on different network services, it still isn't connecting, same response.

Nov 22, 2018
That might just be a generic error message. If I type the wrong username, it says the same thing. From what I've seen, the initial loading after logging in takes several hundred KB, but after that, the bandwidth use is low, about 5KB per second. Probably whoever wrote it just left the same generic (and potentially incorrect) error message for all kinds of exceptions.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
When you log in, check the "remember me" box. That way you'll always stay signed in.

jdu4510

Nov 26, 2016
I can't seem to log into the Live Chatroom,, anyone with advice ?
I'm on a Mac Desktop by the way.
Thank you

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You need to download the Mac app first before you can access the chat rooms..

Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm 45 Ralph from Arizona i have been in Cc for the past few months I have never had any login issues with Cc but now for the past few days whenever I open Cc the feedback I get is connection problem! That I should check my wifi/data connection then try again whereas my network is working fine only Cc not working, I don't know why?
Same here