Contraception

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I saw the thread on abortion and it looked to have run its course so i decided to ask what people think about contraception...

Is it a sin???

F

Fundamental

Not sure if it’s sin, but we stopped using it over 7 years now and did not become pregnant in 7 years.
So imho you don’t need them to prevent pregnacy, there are other ways around.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Good question. I don't think I could properly answer that until I'm married honestly. Alas.

~exits thread without adding value~

:(

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I dont think so. If both partners agree why shouldnt contraception or sterilisation be an option. I surely wont put any child into this world.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
At least,Abortion is against life,If it's normal,
If it's rape,I think there is a choice.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Not sure if it’s sin, but we stopped using it over 7 years now and did not become pregnant in 7 years.
So imho you don’t need them to prevent pregnacy, there are other ways around.
Other ways???
Well, i'll break down the contraception options into 4 categories; physical, chemical, surgical and manual.

- Physical is the safest and very reliable. Its a physical block like a condom or diaphram.
- Chemical is the riskiest. This includes the pill, vaccine, etc. Can get complications. Drugs always have potential side effects.
- Surgical is permanent sterilization Snip snip. Most reliable
- Manual. There is the Billings method where you observe the females ovulation patterns to make love on the least likely days...
And there is the withdrawal method or Onan method where the guy pulls out at the end and spills his seed elsewhere.
Both very safe, not very reliable

Now... You may not consider those last two to be contraception but they are. The definition of it is;
Contraception - the deliberate use of artificial methods or other techniques to prevent pregnancy as a consequence of sexual intercourse
Other techniques = Manual contraception

Just as a reference the RCC only accepts the Billings method...

R

Renewal

I saw the thread on abortion and it looked to have run its course so i decided to ask what people think about contraception...

Is it a sin???
Children are a blessing from GOD.

G

Godsgirl83

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

MAN MADE CONTRACEPTIVES.....................

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Laughs the Mama Bear who was blessedly surprised with three cubs even while on the pill.....
(#'s 2&3 came while using pill AND breast feeding combined method......)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

breathe GG..... breathe.......................................................

K

kaylagrl

At least,Abortion is against life,If it's normal,
If it's rape,I think there is a choice.
If you ask someone who is pro-choice about abortion the first thing they will bring up is rape which is less than 2% of abortions. Why should a baby lose it's life for something it hasn't done? Give the child up for adoption. I saw the testimony of a lady who kept her child after she was raped. The child was now a beautiful adult woman and her mother cried about how she was such a blessing and support to her life. We need to be very careful what we support as Christians. I would say abortion is Americas greatest sin. We have the blood of innocents on our hands.

K

kaylagrl

Other ways???
Well, i'll break down the contraception options into 4 categories; physical, chemical, surgical and manual.

- Physical is the safest and very reliable. Its a physical block like a condom or diaphram.
- Chemical is the riskiest. This includes the pill, vaccine, etc. Can get complications. Drugs always have potential side effects.
- Manual. There is the Billings method where you observe the females ovulation patterns to make love on the least likely days...
And there is the withdrawal method or Onan method where the guy pulls out at the end and spills his seed elsewhere.

Now... You may not consider those last two to be contraception but they are. The definition of it is;
Contraception - the deliberate use of artificial methods or other techniques to prevent pregnancy as a consequence of sexual intercourse

I assume we are speaking only of married couples. And if that is the case I don't think I would consider any of them sin. Some people are not well enough to look after children, and there are other reasons I'm sure. But if any of the methods fail then you need to be a parent and raise that child up in the admonition of the Lord. As another poster said, children are a blessing from the Lord.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I assume we are speaking only of married couples. And if that is the case I don't think I would consider any of them sin. Some people are not well enough to look after children, and there are other reasons I'm sure. But if any of the methods fail then you need to be a parent and raise that child up in the admonition of the Lord. As another poster said, children are a blessing from the Lord.
Ye i forgot to mention that, within a hetro marriage, man and woman...
Thanks for your opinion... Any preference on contraception type.
Chemical has risky side effects i wouldn't want my daughter or partner taking it...
Surgical you have to be 100% sure cos there is no turning back

How about the argument that sexual intercourse is a natural activity and that adding objects like chemicals or rubber is perverting the act of love.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In popular use, the term "contraceptive" includes two distinct categories: those that actually prevent conception, such as abstinence, and those that terminate the zygote. When considering options, people should do their homework to determine which is which.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
In popular use, the term "contraceptive" includes two distinct categories: those that actually prevent conception, such as abstinence, and those that terminate the zygote. When considering options, people should do their homework to determine which is which.
Ye but abstinence is't a contraception... There are four categories which i listed above

E

EleventhHour

"People should do their homework."

For certain .. in all areas would bring such benefit, reading not what confirms our bias but also that which challenges our held beliefs with an objective lens to see if they stand up under scrutiny.

K

kaylagrl

Ye i forgot to mention that, within a hetro marriage, man and woman...
Thanks for your opinion... Any preference on contraception type.
Chemical has risky side effects i wouldn't want my daughter or partner taking it...
Surgical you have to be 100% sure cos there is no turning back

How about the argument that sexual intercourse is a natural activity and that adding objects like chemicals or rubber is perverting the act of love.

Mmm that's a tricky one. I believe that when a man and woman come together, it was God's intent that children would be the result. Women through history mainly stayed home and took care of the house and the children. I'm not trying to take the pin out of the grenade here, ;) but along came the women's movement. When we look at America as an example, and all of it's ills, I believe much of it leads back to broken families. I don't think, IMO, that God ever intended for a woman to say "I'm going to put my career first, not my husband, not my family". Sorry, I don't believe that. I believe family was God's foundation and it was his intent. Now I know we have strayed a long way from that, and I wouldn't say not choosing to have children is a sin, but I do believe God intent for a couple to come together was to have children and raise a family in the instruction of the Lord. I guess it's up to each person to take that before the Lord and get their answer.

F

Fundamental

Other ways???

Word
We use condom and time out ovulation to do it without. I have 2 daughters from a previous relationship and am not married. Yes I know, not so fundamental after all.... sorry. :p
My life as sinner was in extremes but I don’t regret my kids; they’re awesome. Bringing them to the Lord is another pickle though, as it took decades for me to turn to God.

Agreed. Abortion should never be considered in a loving caring family. Not even in a problematic family, there are always other doors to open, always.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Word
We use condom and time out ovulation to do it without. I have 2 daughters from a previous relationship and am not married. Yes I know, not so fundamental after all.... sorry. :p
Me... I was the worse in my 20s... :p

I'm not trying to take the pin out of the grenade here, ;) but along came the women's movement.
KA... BOOM... Your a woman but so it should be relatively safe to pull the grenade. Besides u did it with so much grace, "women movement" is much nicer than the F word that rhymes with communism

I'm going to put my career first, not my husband, not my family
The womens movement is a con. It wasn't invented by women, it was invented by men, very very rich men...
Their objective was to increase the labour force thus keeping the wages down. So they perpetuated this myth to women that being a mum is lame that true fulfillment comes from a career.

My turn to pull the pin on a grenade... Satan is tempting women with the same offer he tempted Eve with, power.
You will be like Gods... Now u will be like him... Satan promises more power... But its a lie.
A woman cannot be a man and a man cannot be a woman. And no we are not equal and we are not all the same...

I learnt that in the 50s and 60s one mans wage was enough for the family to have the American dream. A woman still had the option to work. But the price of living went up while wages remained... Now women are forced to work, taught to do so from a toddler "don't play with that baby doll, here play with this mini truck"... No, No, No... Most women don't seem to understand the mother/child thing until they have one

I once asked my mum if she would have preferred to have been with us growing up rather than work...
I had to hold her cos she began to cry...:cry::cry::cry:... She worked afternoon and my dad worked day. By the time she would arrive home we would be asleep at 11.30...:cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:

CURSE THIS DAMN SOCIETY THAT SEPARATES A MOTHER FROM HER CHILD...
CURSE THIS EVIL SOCIETY

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Mmm that's a tricky one. I believe that when a man and woman come together, it was God's intent that children would be the result. Women through history mainly stayed home and took care of the house and the children. I'm not trying to take the pin out of the grenade here, ;) but along came the women's movement. When we look at America as an example, and all of it's ills, I believe much of it leads back to broken families. I don't think, IMO, that God ever intended for a woman to say "I'm going to put my career first, not my husband, not my family". Sorry, I don't believe that. I believe family was God's foundation and it was his intent. Now I know we have strayed a long way from that, and I wouldn't say not choosing to have children is a sin, but I do believe God intent for a couple to come together was to have children and raise a family in the instruction of the Lord. I guess it's up to each person to take that before the Lord and get their answer.
Im getting off topic here because someone, hm hm, pulled the pin on the grenade and led me to loose my cool.

Here are some examples of how stay at home mums are perceived these days...

Their picking on this woman cos she makes her hubby breakfast... These people make me sick... I find that its usually women who shame women but this guy her gets on board in such away that makes me want to hide my face... Her hubby works 12 hours a day u idiots... I think that man is jealous cos his wife never cooks, ever...

"One of the best ways to a mans heart is through his stomach" its science. His mum cooks for him his whole life. Why... Cos she loves her son... That carries into adulthood. Thats why there isn't many bigger acts of love than to prepare a meal and enjoy it together...

And then there is this... Watch how heartless the economist is... Ok what he says is true
But its the fact that he ranks the economy higher than your family and mine. Thats disturbing
Working mums drain the economy

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well since you said it I suppose I'll add to the thread now ha. I am currently only in favor of the fertility awareness method. Not 100% from what I understand but that chance and strict adherence puts it in the Lord's hands which I like.

1% chance every time (done correctly) and 6 children...Imma say it was meant to be :)

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Well since you said it I suppose I'll add to the thread now ha. I am currently only in favor of the fertility awareness method. Not 100% from what I understand but that chance and strict adherence puts it in the Lord's hands which I like.

1% chance every time (done correctly) and 6 children...Imma say it was meant to be :)
Nice one... Im actually quite surprised how quite this topic is here... Its usually very interesting
I mite have to deploy some explosives then...

Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also. Geneses 38:8-10

Its worth reading it from the start of the chapter to get better context... Why did God kill Onan???
What Onan did was
spilled his seed... This looks to me like God is condemning contraception