Contradiction?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Or you could just read the truth:

Does Paul’s gospel exist? Of course, Christ showed him directly

Romans 2:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Interesting, according to who?

Again...

Romans 16:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Who’s gospel? Kept secret since when? Revealed when????

Peter preached the resurrection of Christ “before” Paul was saved, so how could Paul say this?

2 Timothy 2:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Who’s gospel?

NO ONE ELSE EVER CLAIMED “my gospel”
"My gospel" simply means taking it personally as this has been authoritatively commission to him by Christ at heaven yet there is no difference with the commission to propagate the gospel message unto all the world as in Matthew 28 to his dsicples. This gospel unto salvation really started during Christ earthly ministry along with the kingdom gospel. Mark affirms the very foundation:

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Rightlydivided

Dec 26, 2018
"My gospel" simply means taking it personally as this has been authoritatively commission to him by Christ at heaven yet there is no difference with the commission to propagate the gospel message unto all the world as in Matthew 28 to his dsicples. This gospel unto salvation really started during Christ earthly ministry along with the kingdom gospel. Mark affirms the very foundation:

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
Yes, as scripture says, it was revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ, (All gospel is the inspired word of god)The gospel unto the world in Matthew 28, never happened though, not that it affects your point, and there is no account in scripture where anyone else ever said “my gospel”. I believe that Paul is like Moses 🙂

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Rightlydivided

Dec 26, 2018
RD what were the different gospels? In trying to answer that myself, I can see how gospel given to Abraham. Maybe Noah, etc. But it was all pointing or looking to the salvation through the cross.
Didn’t see this sorry...

I would call it the gospel of Paul, the mystery was given unto him....and I would also compare Paul to Moses

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Yes, as scripture says, it was revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ, (All gospel is the inspired word of god)The gospel unto the world in Matthew 28, never happened though, not that it affects your point, and there is no account in scripture where anyone else ever said “my gospel”. I believe that Paul is like Moses 🙂

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Well the divine commission to spread the good news (gospel) in Matthew 28 and in Mark 16 is an example to carry out that which was already laid out and originated by Christ. The teaching includes gospel presentation across the world, the book of Acts records such mission minded disciples to bring good tidings to every creature that Jesus alone saves...he was dead, buried and resurrected! Paul indeed call his "my gospel" Christ gospel which was written by Mark rightfully belongs to Christ as Paul testify.

Romasn 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2 Corinthians 2:12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
1 Timothy 2:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And...

Matthew 20:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for MANY.

Why “many” in Matthews and “all” in 1 Timothy?
ALL men is a reference to ALL races of men.. So White, Black, Brown, Asian, Aboriginal, Mongolian, Mayan, Melanesian, Polynesian.. ( you get the picture )

MANY men is a reference to the actual number of men who shall be saved..

If you understand that Paul's ministry was to many different nations of people around the Mediterranean sea you will understand what He is talking about when He says ALL men..

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Rightlydivided, I don't know whether you have noticed, or not, but I refuse to comment to preacher4truth, because he is really not a preacher for TRUTH even though he went to PREACHER'S SCHOOL. I quit commenting to him because of his inhumane way he attacks people and applies demeaning names to them. I apologized to him for some revengeful things I said to him and ask for his apology with his remark being that he had nothing to apologize for.

I know that we interpret the scriptures differently, but I hope I never come across as hateful as preacher4truth. I apologized to him saying that the scripture says that I should defend the gospel in meekness and in truth, which he scoffed at.
I've not once used any demeaning names on you, nor on others. The above is nothing but bearing false witness, is therefore untrue from beginning to end.

You apologized? First, that asserts you've done some wrong, and you have in name calling and demeaning attacks like in the above. Yet you did not apologize after I requested you do so. I've not used any of the tactics you describe, so there is nothing for me to apologize to you over. Several here can attest to this fact. I've been objective with you and your teachings, albeit your teachings are false and dangerous damning doctrines.

Yet you continue to offer up libel...

Perhaps you should apologize again, but that's up to you.

Furthermore I will continue to expose your false gospel, and couldn't care less if you respond personally. In fact, it's better this way in that you continue to offer insults like in the above, so therefore you actually do respond only to attack with false accusations.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I mean post 134 brother.

To be honest, I never thought about this question before. So I ask in earnestness.
The death, burial and resurrection, being the Gospel? Jesus spoke of this, note Matthew 17:22.

As to the OP and Dispy theology, Jews are saved via the same Gospel, and are added to the church at salvation just as Gentiles as per Acts. There are not "2 programs" there are not "2 Gospels." Ephesians 2:11ff show we are all one in the same in Christ. The church is not plan B because the Jews rejected Christ. This ideology does much harm to the character and attributes of God.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
THIS is THE Gospel unto Salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

Now I ask again, besides His inner circle and Nicodemus, when did Jesus preach THAT Gospel to the Jewish Nation?
The word Gospel, simply means "Good News". IF the Jews had accepted Him that WAS Good News to them.

But please answer. When did Jesus preach to the Nation that He was going to be crucified and die for their sin? I guess we COULD say this passage qualifies maybe:

The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it,because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.
I already adressed this here.

If Gospel of the kingdom is different than the gospel of grace, then the gospel of PEACE is also a different one, as is the gospel of God.

So how many gospels do we got going? What about the eternal gospel in the book of revelation? Another one.

Gospel as you said means GOOD NEWS, it can be the good news that Jesus is the Messiah. It could be the good news that Jesus died for your sins, it could be the good news that ANYTHING. It doesnt have to be just ONE thing.

Everyone USED to understand this, as brother Preacher4Truth has said, ONLY recently has this become unclear, out of the blue.

Oct 25, 2018
Rightlydivided, I don't know whether you have noticed, or not, but I refuse to comment to preacher4truth, because he is really not a preacher for TRUTH even though he went to PREACHER'S SCHOOL. I quit commenting to him because of his inhumane way he attacks people and applies demeaning names to them. I apologized to him for some revengeful things I said to him and ask for his apology with his remark being that he had nothing to apologize for.

I know that we interpret the scriptures differently, but I hope I never come across as hateful as preacher4truth. I apologized to him saying that the scripture says that I should defend the gospel in meekness and in truth, which he scoffed at.
Apologized? Where? If you did, you did it backhandedly my friend. He exposed your heresy and you do not like it, and now you refuse to engage him.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Apologized? Where? If you did, you did it backhandedly my friend. He exposed your heresy and you do not like it, and now you refuse to engage him.
I'm somewhat surprised his attack on the Gospel is tolerated on a Christian site. And you're correct, he never apologized yet continued to insult. I don't ignore him as I can handle the insults while going after his teachings, not his person. People cannot distinguish between these two things, and, not my problem.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The death, burial and resurrection, being the Gospel? Jesus spoke of this, note Matthew 17:22.

As to the OP and Dispy theology, Jews are saved via the same Gospel, and are added to the church at salvation just as Gentiles as per Acts. There are not "2 programs" there are not "2 Gospels." Ephesians 2:11ff show we are all one in the same in Christ. The church is not plan B because the Jews rejected Christ. This ideology does much harm to the character and attributes of God.

We're having a discussion here. As I said, i haven't given this much thought. But it is interesting to see reactions of different people when long held, but possibly not accurate, beliefs are called into question.

Why would you note Matthew 17:22? Why ignore that I went out of my way to say that Jesus DID preach His death, burial and resurrection to His Disciples? Just NOT the Jewish Nation, or leadership.

Of course there isn't 2 Gospels unto Salvation! Stop with insinuating I am saying otherwise. NO ONE is getting Saved without the Blood of Christ. Jesus HAD to die. That's not what is in discussion.

Jesus presented Himself as the Mashiach Nagid, the Messiah the King. The "Good News" that the Kingdom was at hand and present with them! The same news that John the Baptist spread. Had the Jews NOT rejected Him John the Baptist would have been Elijah, and THAT would have been the end of the age.

Of course we KNOW they HAD to reject Him. But Jesus still had to give them opportunity to do it.

So I ask again, when did Jesus preach to the multitudes, the Nation at large, and the Jewish leadership THE Gospel unto Salvation?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I already adressed this here.

If Gospel of the kingdom is different than the gospel of grace, then the gospel of PEACE is also a different one, as is the gospel of God.

So how many gospels do we got going? What about the eternal gospel in the book of revelation? Another one.

Gospel as you said means GOOD NEWS, it can be the good news that Jesus is the Messiah. It could be the good news that Jesus died for your sins, it could be the good news that ANYTHING. It doesnt have to be just ONE thing.

Everyone USED to understand this, as brother Preacher4Truth has said, ONLY recently has this become unclear, out of the blue.
Please bear with me as this gets a little deep. Gospel does mean "good news." Those who hold to a dispensational view point are quick to point out that Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom, which was, "..Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2) and will argue that before the cross, the gospel of grace that Paul taught and came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) was still a mystery.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

Those who hold to a dispensational view point are also quick to point out that was not part of the gospel which the twelve, John the Baptist, and Jesus Christ were preaching in the 4 gospel accounts. Yet, they were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus Christ sent the twelve to preach only to Israel. Matthew 10:5 - These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ That certainly is good news! The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel, and they were not preaching anything about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus Christ asked His disciples, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Now Peter had no clue that Jesus Christ would be crucified and resurrected. He only believed that Jesus was the Messiah. This is obvious when, only moments later, Peter rebukes Jesus Christ for saying he will be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21). In verse 22, "..Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day. Looking back upon this passage we see this as Jesus speaking of an event that would change the history of the world. However, it is unquestionable that the disciples were ignorant of its meaning.

“Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem,…And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they (the disciples) understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. – Luke 18:31-34. hmm... that's strange if the gospel of grace that came through a revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul and was a mystery prior to that has the same exact content as the gospel of the kingdom. *This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH.

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24).

It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding (Luke 24:44-47). If the gospel of the kingdom, prior to the cross has the exact same content as the gospel of grace after the cross, then Matthew 10:5-7; 16:21-22; Mark 16:14; Luke 18:31-34; 24:19-24, 44-47, along with Ephesians 3:1-9 would be superfluous.

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Paul clearly states that the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and in Romans 1:16 said the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes.. In this age, there is a distinctive element to the content of the gospel and is called "the mystery of the gospel" (see Ephesians 6:19 and compare with Colossians 1:26-27; 4:3). This new revelation is that the Gentiles are fellow-heirs and fellow-members of the same body, and fellow-partakers of the promise (Ephesians 3:6). Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body (the body of Christ) was previously unknown. The distinctive message of the church is that Jews and Gentiles alike may believe the gospel and be united together/baptized by one Spirit into ONE BODY (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 12:13). That certainly is good news! :)

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
We're having a discussion here. As I said, i haven't given this much thought. But it is interesting to see reactions of different people when long held, but possibly not accurate, beliefs are called into question.

Why would you note Matthew 17:22? Why ignore that I went out of my way to say that Jesus DID preach His death, burial and resurrection to His Disciples? Just NOT the Jewish Nation, or leadership.

Of course there isn't 2 Gospels unto Salvation! Stop with insinuating I am saying otherwise. NO ONE is getting Saved without the Blood of Christ. Jesus HAD to die. That's not what is in discussion.

Jesus presented Himself as the Mashiach Nagid, the Messiah the King. The "Good News" that the Kingdom was at hand and present with them! The same news that John the Baptist spread. Had the Jews NOT rejected Him John the Baptist would have been Elijah, and THAT would have been the end of the age.

Of course we KNOW they HAD to reject Him. But Jesus still had to give them opportunity to do it.

So I ask again, when did Jesus preach to the multitudes, the Nation at large, and the Jewish leadership THE Gospel unto Salvation?
Brother, I have accused you of none of the above. Relax. Nor did I ignore you. Sorry you feel I had. I probably wasn't clear but several people have me engaged in conversation right now. My apologies for appearing to do the things you saw.

For the record I disagree with you that there were 2 plans if this or that happened, yet Christ had to die anyway. It's just plain contradictory and is not a valid argument as the no other intent was involved with the Christ's mission. The Scriptures had to be fulfilled and in my opinion you're way off track with that.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
1 Timothy 2:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And...

Matthew 20:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for MANY.

Why “many” in Matthews and “all” in 1 Timothy?
Because God would LIKE all to be saved.....but they won't be.

But many will be saved...those who accept the conditions of God..which is belief in His Son.
John 3:16

No contradiction.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Paul clearly states that the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and in Romans 1:16 said the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes.. In this age, there is a distinctive element to the content of the gospel and is called "the mystery of the gospel" (see Ephesians 6:19 and compare with Colossians 1:26-27; 4:3). This new revelation is that the Gentiles are fellow-heirs and fellow-members of the same body, and fellow-partakers of the promise (Ephesians 3:6). Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body (the body of Christ) was previously unknown. The distinctive message of the church is that Jews and Gentiles alike may believe the gospel and be united together/baptized by one Spirit into ONE BODY (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 12:13). That certainly is good news! :)
^I got no disagreement with that. Especially jew/gentile being one BODY of Christ.

If its from brother Dan, I dont disagree usually. You put things in such an eloquent and friendly way that its a blessing to read. We should all takes notes from you on that.

But do you know there are some that teach there are TWO entities? instead of the ONE body? That I would disagree with, would you?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Brother, I have accused you of none of the above. Relax. Nor did I ignore you. Sorry you feel I had. I probably wasn't clear but several people have me engaged in conversation right now. My apologies for appearing to do the things you saw.

For the record I disagree with you that there were 2 plans if this or that happened, yet Christ had to die anyway. It's just plain contradictory and is not a valid argument as the no other intent was involved with the Christ's mission. The Scriptures had to be fulfilled and in my opinion you're way off track with that.
I don't disagree with what you say here. And I don't believe there were EVER 2 plans. And to reiterate, NOT A SINGLE human being is going to be saved outside the atoning shed Blood of Jesus, That's THE ONLY PLAN.

But it still doesn't change the fact that Jesus didn't profess that Gospel outside of His Disciples and Nicodemus to the Jewish multitudes or leadership. He DID present Himself as their Messiah and King, and the plan WAS that they were going to reject Him.

I didn't mean to sort of single you out. Similar to what you said, my post was more in general to scorn even discussing an issue without love and Grace. Sorry

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Please bear with me as this gets a little deep. Gospel does mean "good news." Those who hold to a dispensational view point are quick to point out that Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom, which was, "..Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2) and will argue that before the cross, the gospel of grace that Paul taught and came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) was still a mystery.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

Those who hold to a dispensational view point are also quick to point out that was not part of the gospel which the twelve, John the Baptist, and Jesus Christ were preaching in the 4 gospel accounts. Yet, they were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus Christ sent the twelve to preach only to Israel. Matthew 10:5 - These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ That certainly is good news! The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel, and they were not preaching anything about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus Christ asked His disciples, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Now Peter had no clue that Jesus Christ would be crucified and resurrected. He only believed that Jesus was the Messiah. This is obvious when, only moments later, Peter rebukes Jesus Christ for saying he will be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21). In verse 22, "..Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day. Looking back upon this passage we see this as Jesus speaking of an event that would change the history of the world. However, it is unquestionable that the disciples were ignorant of its meaning.

“Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem,…And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they (the disciples) understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. – Luke 18:31-34. hmm... that's strange if the gospel of grace that came through a revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul and was a mystery prior to that has the same exact content as the gospel of the kingdom. *This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH.

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24).

It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding (Luke 24:44-47). If the gospel of the kingdom, prior to the cross has the exact same content as the gospel of grace after the cross, then Matthew 10:5-7; 16:21-22; Mark 16:14; Luke 18:31-34; 24:19-24, 44-47, along with Ephesians 3:1-9 would be superfluous.

Jesus spoke of the tenets of the Gospel to the disciples, yet their eyes were not opened yet to what he said. Jews apparently and mistakingly thought messiah was to offer them political salvation thinking they already possessed spiritual salvation. Some still think he would have set up this political kingdom if they accepted him. Nope. Scripture had to be fulfilled and the church is not a parentheses in God's "program" as some such as Clarence Larkin have asserted.