Controversial Topics Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
We don't necessarily support anything of Ellen White. I am not an SDA, nor could I be. Many others have come out of the Adventist movement of 1844. There are many Church of God denominations and Seventh-day Baptist from that movement. I sometimes attend an AOG that some of the members honor the seventh day as holy.

It is a mistake to lump together all those that hold to certain doctrines. Many of your fellow Sunday worshipers are taking a new look at the Sabbath. Did you know that mainstream Christianity didn't believe that Christ was physically coming back to earth until 1844 when the Adventist proposed it? It is now generally accepted.

The same hold true for spiritual gifts. However you stand on those, mainstream Christianity denied their were for today, until the Pentecostal movement of about 1900. Now, most believe in divine healing and other gifts. But that wasn't always the case. We Christians are finding our way back to God's truths but our historical traditions keep getting in our way. I believe we are in the times prophesied here: Dan. 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Truth will prevail.
1844??

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth

Job 19:25

Job said this wayyyy before 1844... in fact Job is reckoned to be one of the oldest books of the Bible😊X

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

E

EleventhHour

The fact is we don't agree on everything, and a controversial forum is just another opportunity to insult and argue with each other. But as Magenta said, everything concerning Christianity is controversial. We don't need anymore opportunity for controversy, as far as I can see.
Agree

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Most other forums have a place where we can discuss controversial topics that are not allowed on the regular BDF. I feel we are just finding our way back to Bible truths that have been disallowed by certain creeds and doctrines.

You might think of us as off, but many Christians have come to conclusions that antichrist has been active a lot longer than most suspect. We need a place to state our case without getting kicked off the forum altogether.
pretty sure we would just argue over whether threads were controversial enough to belong in the controversial section.

J-T

Banned
Jul 29, 2020
Heaven Bound
Agree, like Catholis & SDA's, who believe in Jesus, should be able to discus why they believe the way they do. Otherwise it's like preaching to the choir. However a temper level should be established, also no name calling, lol.
They believe in Jesus? Which one? 2Corinthians 11 Are you are that the R.C.C. "Jesus" is the son of none other than Lucifer? Are you also aware that the SDA is one of the R.C.C.'s harlots that is not only a false prophet that taught several invisible return dates for their false jesus, but also prophesied several dates for the end of the world or armageddon. Not only that, but they also denied the Trinity and taught that their jesus is Michael the Archangel. Oh, and they were so glad to have taught Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses, another harlot of the R.C.C. these things, and that is why to this very day that they still hold onto and teach all of the same doctrines of devils that Charles learned from the Adventists during the time that he was one of their most devoted students after he had apostated from Christianity over the Biblical Doctrine of hell. Oh, did you know that the Adventists tickles Charles' ears by teaching him that hell was not really a place of firery torment, but instead it's just the comman grave, and that when people die they simply cease to exist? Well, um, that is unless you are one of their 144,000 anointed! Yes, those are other antichrist doctrines that the Adventists taught Charles, and both of the false prophet groups not only each claim to be the only way for salvation, in place of the Real Jesus, but they still believe and practice the very same doctrines of devils today. There is something else that they have in common, including the SDA that now claim to believe in the Trinity, but still hang onto all of their original antichrist doctrines of devils, and that is that they both have the practice os embedding subliminal images of idols, and other things into the pictures and/or artwork of their respective literature! These groups use those images to curse their deceived as they maticulaously indoctrinate them with all of the prescribed doctrines of devils, that they Bible also calls heresies. OH!! I nearly forgot! BUT, you should also know that the Seventh Day Adventists have a re-written Bible called the "Clear Word Bible" just as their child, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society also have their own re-written Bible called the New World Translation!

Let's take a little peak into the "Clear Word" to see what they teach about who their jesus is, shall we?

This is the SDA’s Clear Word Bibles’ rendering of Jude 9 which says - "In contrast to these ungodly men is the Lord Jesus Christ, also called Michael, the archangel in charge of the entire angelic host. When He was challenged by Satan about His intentions to resurrect Moses, He didn't come against Satan with a blistering attack nor did he belittle him. He simply said, 'God rejects your claim to his body.'"

The real Jesus Christ had much to say about false prophets and those that follow after them in Matthew 7:13-27 & Matthew 24 of the King James Bible. Have you considered reading those passages?

In the meantime, I suppose that maybe you're wanting a little sample of the R.C.C.'s resndering of their false jesus being the son of Satan a.k.a. Lucifer?

Now, this is just a short brevity of a post. It is not difficult for me to compile more damning evidence of proof as to what these groups really believe and do, not to mention a little bit of insight into the "Who's who" is running the show.

I hope that you won't mind my asking, but did you really believe that these groups were Christian, or were you already aware of what they believed and taught, and wanted to help the heretical infidels mingle their way in to sew division and discord while teaching and seducing others that otherwise came for genuine Christian fellowship and/or study? - see 2Corinthians 6:14-28 KJB

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
They believe in Jesus? Which one? 2Corinthians 11 Are you are that the R.C.C. "Jesus" is the son of none other than Lucifer? Are you also aware that the SDA is one of the R.C.C.'s harlots that is not only a false prophet that taught several invisible return dates for their false jesus, but also prophesied several dates for the end of the world or armageddon. Not only that, but they also denied the Trinity and taught that their jesus is Michael the Archangel. Oh, and they were so glad to have taught Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses, another harlot of the R.C.C. these things, and that is why to this very day that they still hold onto and teach all of the same doctrines of devils that Charles learned from the Adventists during the time that he was one of their most devoted students after he had apostated from Christianity over the Biblical Doctrine of hell. Oh, did you know that the Adventists tickles Charles' ears by teaching him that hell was not really a place of firery torment, but instead it's just the comman grave, and that when people die they simply cease to exist? Well, um, that is unless you are one of their 144,000 anointed! Yes, those are other antichrist doctrines that the Adventists taught Charles, and both of the false prophet groups not only each claim to be the only way for salvation, in place of the Real Jesus, but they still believe and practice the very same doctrines of devils today. There is something else that they have in common, including the SDA that now claim to believe in the Trinity, but still hang onto all of their original antichrist doctrines of devils, and that is that they both have the practice os embedding subliminal images of idols, and other things into the pictures and/or artwork of their respective literature! These groups use those images to curse their deceived as they maticulaously indoctrinate them with all of the prescribed doctrines of devils, that they Bible also calls heresies. OH!! I nearly forgot! BUT, you should also know that the Seventh Day Adventists have a re-written Bible called the "Clear Word Bible" just as their child, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society also have their own re-written Bible called the New World Translation!

Let's take a little peak into the "Clear Word" to see what they teach about who their jesus is, shall we?

This is the SDA’s Clear Word Bibles’ rendering of Jude 9 which says - "In contrast to these ungodly men is the Lord Jesus Christ, also called Michael, the archangel in charge of the entire angelic host. When He was challenged by Satan about His intentions to resurrect Moses, He didn't come against Satan with a blistering attack nor did he belittle him. He simply said, 'God rejects your claim to his body.'"

The real Jesus Christ had much to say about false prophets and those that follow after them in Matthew 7:13-27 & Matthew 24 of the King James Bible. Have you considered reading those passages?

In the meantime, I suppose that maybe you're wanting a little sample of the R.C.C.'s resndering of their false jesus being the son of Satan a.k.a. Lucifer?

Now, this is just a short brevity of a post. It is not difficult for me to compile more damning evidence of proof as to what these groups really believe and do, not to mention a little bit of insight into the "Who's who" is running the show.

I hope that you won't mind my asking, but did you really believe that these groups were Christian, or were you already aware of what they believed and taught, and wanted to help the heretical infidels mingle their way in to sew division and discord while teaching and seducing others that otherwise came for genuine Christian fellowship and/or study? - see 2Corinthians 6:14-28 KJB
What denominations do you consider Christian, if any? Your post was typical hate bashing of SDA and Catholics. What is your denomination, if any?

J-T

Banned
Jul 29, 2020
Heaven Bound
What denominations do you consider Christian, if any? Your post was typical hate bashing of SDA and Catholics. What is your denomination, if any?
So, this information that I posted about the S.D.A. and R.C.C. antichrist versions of their false jesus' doesn't bother you? What does that say about your conscience? What does that say about who you listen to and follow?

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

John 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So, this information that I posted about the S.D.A. and R.C.C. antichrist versions of their false jesus' doesn't bother you? What does that say about your conscience? What does that say about who you listen to and follow?
No, the information that you posted does not bother me at all. Actually, my conscience is clear. Apparently, I don't listen and follow you so that must say a lot about me.

J-T

Banned
Jul 29, 2020
Heaven Bound
No, the information that you posted does not bother me at all. Actually, my conscience is clear. Apparently, I don't listen and follow you so that must say a lot about me.
This is Part 1 of 2 Part Post:

Why doesn't it bother you that the Seventh Day Adventists are a false prophet, when The True and Living Lord Jesus Christ warned about false prophets and established severe consequences for those that do in Matthew 7:13-27 KJB?

Are you aware that once a false prophet always a false prophet? Can an evil tree bear good fruit per Matthew 7:13-27?

By the way, have you prayerfully read 2Corinthians 11 to know what Apostle Paul had to say about those that preach "another Jesus"? Are you also aware that Jesus Christ spoke through Apostle Paul?

Let's take a look at some SDA quotes to establish the fact that they are a false prophet most guilty of preaching and teaching a false jesus.

"I have seen that the 1843 chart (Wm. Miller's) was directed by the hand of the Lord and that it should not be altered, that the figures were as he wanted them." EARLY WRITINGS p. 64 edition 1882

"It was just as impossible for them (those that gave up their faith in the 1844 movement) to get on the path again and go to the city, as all the wicked world which God had rejected. They fell all the way along the path one after another," (Foregoing now deleted) "until we heard the voice of God like many waters, WHICH GAVE US THE DAY AND HOUR OF JESUS' COMING. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spake the time, he poured on us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God as Moses' did when he came down from Mount Sinai." A WORD TO THE LITTLE FLOCK (1847 edition) p. 14

"I have not the slightest knowledge as to the time spoken by the voice of God. I heard the hour proclaimed, but had no remembrance of that hour after I came out of vision." SELECTED MESSAGES 1 p. 298 (1889)

"In our frequent change of location in the earlier history of the publishing work, and I have crossed the plains no less than 17 times - I lost all trace of the first published works." ... "And here I pause to state that any of our people having in their possession a copy of any or all of my first views, as published prior to 1851, will do me a great favor if they will send them to me without delay." SELECTED MESSAGES 1 p. 60
"It is well known that many were expecting the Lord to come at the 7th month, 1845. That Christ would then come we firmly believed. A few days before the time passed, I was at Fairhaven, and Dartsmouth, Mass, with a message on this point of time. At this time, Ellen was with the band at Carver, Mass, where she saw in vision, that we should be disappointed," A WORD TO THE LlTTLE FLOCK p. 22 by James White 1847
E. G. White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 & 1851 "Now time is almost finished, (1851) and what we have been 6 years in learning they will have to learn in months." EARLY WRITINGS p. 57
"For a time after the disappointment in 1844, I did hold, in common with the advent body, that the door of mercy was then forever closed to the world ... I was shown in vision, and I still believe, that there was a shut door in 1844." SELECTED MESSAGES 1 p. 63

"I saw the state of the different churches since the second angel proclaimed their fall. (In 1844) They have been growing more and more corrupt .. . Satan has taken full possession of the churches as a body... Their professions, their prayers and their exhortations are an abomination in the sight of GOD." SPIRITUAL GIFTS Vol 1-p. 189.

J-T

Banned
Jul 29, 2020
Heaven Bound
This is Part 2 of 2 Part Post:

Of Seventh Day Adventists

JESUS IS MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL -

'ANOTHER JESUS' 2Corinthians 11:4 Also see Matthew 7:13-27 - Matthew 24 - 1John 4:1-5 - 2Peter 2-3 - Hebrews 1-2

"THE LORD has shown me that Satan was once an honored angel In heaven, next to JESUS CHRIST." (E. G. White's Vision) SPIRITUAL GIFTS Vol. 1 p. 17
"Michael, or Christ, with the angels that buried Moses, came down from heaven, after he had remained in the grave a short time, and resurrected him, and took him to heaven." SPIRITUAL GIFTS Vol 4a p. 58
"and before the contest closed, Christ Himself came to Gabriel's aid.' The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days,' Gabriel declares; 'but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.' " Daniel 10:13 PROPHETS & KINGS p. 572
"The words of the angel, 'I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God,' show that he holds a position of high honor in the heavenly courts. When he came with a message to Daniel, he said, 'There is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael (Christ) your Prince.' " Daniel 10:21 THE DESIRE OF AGES p. 99 (65)
"Michael, or Christ, with the angels that buried Moses, came down from heaven, after he had remained in the grave a short time, and resurrected him and took him to heaven....Satan claimed the body of Moses, because of his one transgression; but Christ meekly referred him to His Father, saying,' The Lord rebuke thee.' " Jude 9 THE STORY OF REDEMPTION p. 173

"Spiritualizers have - disposed of or denied the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ ... using the old unscriptural Trinitarian creed, viz., that Jesus Christ is the eternal God, though they have not one passage to support it, while we have plain scripture testimony in abundance that he is the Son of the eternal God." (THE DAY-STAR, 1/21/1846, p. 1) (formerly WESTERN MIDNIGHT CRY)

"To assert that the sayings of the Son and his apostles are the commandments of the Father, is as wide from the truth as the old Trinitarian absurdity that Jesus Christ is the very and Eternal God." (REVIEW & HERALD 8/5/1852, p. 52.)

"The S. D. Adventists hold the divinity of Christ so nearly with the Trinitarian, that we apprehend no trial here..." (R & H 10/12/1876 p. 116) James White.

(James White died 1881 seven years before the Trinity confrontations at the 1888 Minneapolis meeting where J. H. Waggoner & A. T. Jones militantly pressed Arian doctrines against the deity of Christ.)

"In the year 1844 I accepted the doctrine we now hold, concerning the non immortality of the souI, as may be seen by reference to LIFE SKETCHES " p. 170, 171 (1880 edition)."

"Ellen White early in her experience was cautioned regarding the perils of hypnosis, and in later years, on a number of occasions, she received instruction regarding it." EARLY WRITINGS p. 298

"Thus the work was hindered, and the world was left in darkness. Had the whole Adventist body united upon the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, how widely different would have been our history." SELECTED MESSAGES, Book 1, p. 299

"The system of slavery, which ruined our nation is left to live and stir up another rebellion." TESTIMONY FOR THE CHURCH p. 255

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum (as titled) is for "Suggestions to improve Christian Chat" it is not for debating someone's (or a group of persons) doctrinal views.

Status
Not open for further replies.