Copulation Hypothesis

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

Senior Member
May 24, 2014
11,887
8,709
113
"The drive to copulate is based upon a hard-wired instinct, therefore fulfilling the urge is no more wrong than drinking a glass of water."

That statement is making me think haven't had my decaf coffee yet and my first thoughts were that statement would be o.k. if we were animals but we are humans and have been directed to keep ourselves pure and holy. So then the statement might be o.k. if one were married?

Life is full of choices we humans have to make every day sometimes this Blond is overwhelmed with all the choices in any one given day and wish someone else would make them for her. But alas I am the one having to make those choices and I find with God's help I seem to make better ones than making them on my own. To or not to that is the question? Sometimes I make the wrong choice but with God I can only make the right choice.

Yes, I was formulating an answer for this OP statement and I came up with the same three points you did;

1:We are different from the animals in that we alone are created in His image. (Gen 1:27) We are special! Isn't that nice to know?

2:We alone have the opportunity to walk in white garments called Purity and Holiness, just like our Father. (1 Peter 1:15,16)

3:We alone can experience that special kind of security that is only be found in a marriage commitment. (Matt 19:6)

He has such wonderful plans for our good success (Josh 1:8). Who in their right mind would want to go their own way after realizing this?