Correct Grammar and Spelling

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm so sorry, and thanks for the reminds. Fact is when we were still writing penpal letters by snail mail, there was so much review and editing of a letter bef. being sent off. But now sometimes theres just a few mins. to read and/or type so always ive been rushing when on CC. I also use u, ur, and altho i know the difference between its and it's, between the correct spelling and punctuation, i would often correct spelling rather than the punctuations. Thanks for bearing, for those who understand... would have wanted to spend more time here but cannot. (Also tho it isnt arthritis i suppose, eye troubles, smaller laptops and cps to use sometimes instead of the more comfortable pcs do not always allow retyping when needed.) Anyway, thanks again for understanding.
 
Council - a group of people gathered together, convened to counsel, deliberate, advice.
Counsel - to give advice, or as a noun: a lawyer, a school advisor.
 
Do and Due and Dew

Can you do all the yard work by yourself?

The road congestion was due to a storm.
How much is due me in refunds?

The dew of an early Spring morning refreshes the red and pink rose pedals.
 
Desert and Dessert

The desert sun is hidden in its light.

For dessert, Strawberry Shortcake!
 
A woman without her man is nothing. (Women are weak and need men to survive).

A woman​, without her, man is nothing. (Men are weak and need women to survive).

How about that?!!! :cool:


i prefer the third option

A woman, without a man, is a babbling brook. A man, without a woman, is as lonely as a cloud. :)

A bit of English lit to add some culture to this thread. Or maybe I'm just babbling!
 
i prefer the third option

A woman, without a man, is a babbling brook. A man, without a woman, is as lonely as a cloud. :)

A bit of English lit to add some culture to this thread. Or maybe I'm just babbling!

Wordsworth? (the cloud analogy i think i recognize?)
 
Yes there are other versus, but hardly anyone remembers the rest:

I wandered lonely as a Cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and Hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden Daffodils;
Beside the Lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


The other one the babbling brook was Lord Tennyson


http://catrineayrshirecouk.ipage.com/brook.htm


I think I would rather be a babbling brook than a lonely cloud;) at least that way
you can talk to yourself!


 
Yes there are other versus, but hardly anyone remembers the rest:

I wandered lonely as a Cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and Hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden Daffodils;
Beside the Lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


The other one the babbling brook was Lord Tennyson


http://catrineayrshirecouk.ipage.com/brook.htm


I think I would rather be a babbling brook than a lonely cloud;) at least that way
you can talk to yourself!



*smacks forehead*

Tennyson, of course! thank you. :)

perhaps if we read more literature, our grammar, spelling and punctuation might improve? :rolleyes:


who knows? i may even begin using capital letters occasionally. :)
 
*smacks forehead*

Tennyson, of course! thank you. :)

perhaps if we read more literature, our grammar, spelling and punctuation might improve? :rolleyes:


who knows? i may even begin using capital letters occasionally. :)

Don't do that. We won't recognize you. :p
 
On behalf of myself and others . . .

What the heck does that mean? On behalf of myself? That's just dumb! :mad:
 
Here's one:

The bank teller gave the money to Leslie and I. WRONG!!! It's not Leslie and I, it's Leslie and me.

Take Leslie out of the equation. I wouldn't say, the bank teller gave the money to I, that's wrong. I would say the bank teller gave the money to me. Having someone else as part of the equation does not alter the first person. The bank teller gave the money to Leslie and me.

I have a headache. Or is it, me have a headache? :p
 
The bank teller and Leslie can give me all of their money any time.
I'm not going to argue with that!
 
Here's one:

The bank teller gave the money to Leslie and I. WRONG!!! It's not Leslie and I, it's Leslie and me.

Take Leslie out of the equation. I wouldn't say, the bank teller gave the money to I, that's wrong. I would say the bank teller gave the money to me. Having someone else as part of the equation does not alter the first person. The bank teller gave the money to Leslie and me.

I have a headache. Or is it, me have a headache? :p
Wouldn't it be Leslie and myself? Not Leslie and me.