P
psychomom
Guest
Wouldn't it be Leslie and myself? Not Leslie and me.
i think you would use 'me', and not a reflexive pronoun,
because it's used in a prepositional phrase.
maybe that's just how we roll in the States?
Wouldn't it be Leslie and myself? Not Leslie and me.
Uhh..I don't even know what those things are lol I refer to them as words lol.i think you would use 'me', and not a reflexive pronoun,
because it's used in a prepositional phrase.
maybe that's just how we roll in the States?
Uhh..I don't even know what those things are lol I refer to them as words lol.
Probably should learn this stuff since I want to be a writer!
Colour v color. Ha ha sorry Miri is in a mischievous mood tonight.
Aw well better go t' mi bed (Yorkshire) to my bed!
If we want non-believers to take us seriously about our faith in Jesus Christ, it helps to speak and spell correctly. Many non-believers think we are illiterate drones chasing a fairy tale, and when we communicate incorrectly it furthers their judgment upon us, making it harder to reach them with the Gospel.
The point of this thread is not about embracing academia snobbery, it is about winning hearts to Christ. If we communicate correctly some non-believers may be more apt to take us seriously and may encourage them to truly consider what we have to say about Jesus. Here are some helpful tips I found online.
Your, You’re
There, They’re, Their
- your – possessive, the thing belonging to you. This is your Christian Chat Site.
- you’re – a contraction of the words “you are”. The apostrophe is your signal that the word can be split into two words. You're reading this post -- you are reading this post.
Then we have Two, To and Too. I don't know how to effectively share the differences other than two is the number and too is another way to say also. She did it also -- she did it too.
- there – a location. Think of “where” with the first letter changed. It's right there.
- they’re – a contraction of the words “they are”. The apostrophe is your signal that the word can be split into two words. They're Christian -- they are Christian.
- their – possessive, the thing belonging to them. Their faith in Jesus is awesome!
Any others come to mind?
nah, that's what copy editors are for!
being a writer is more about the ability to be creative, imo.
Hi, Utah!
I would agree on that (of grammar) if this was used as a back-door evangelism. I don´t know the name of that male author I read who was so used to "reach" those highly educated. I think it was one Francis... I don´t remember his name.
Contrary to your idea, Jesus used wild "donkies", illiterate from Galilea and here is the way they use it as a joke: "Joh 7:52 Then they said, "Nicodemus, you must be from Galilee! Read the Scriptures, and you will find that no prophet is to come from Galilee." "
Although i don´t like Paul´s, here it is the way he saw it: 1Co 1:26 My dear friends, remember what you were when God chose you. The people of this world didn't think that many of you were wise. Only a few of you were in places of power, and not many of you came from important families. 1Co 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.
1Co 1:28 What the world thinks is worthless, useless, and nothing at all is what God has used to destroy what the world considers important.
1Co 1:29 God did all this to keep anyone from bragging to him.
1Co 1:30 You are God's children. He sent Christ Jesus to save us and to make us wise, acceptable, and holy.
1Co 1:31 So if you want to brag, do what the Scriptures say and brag about the Lord.
¿¿doo wee??i think you would use 'me', and not a reflexive pronoun,
because it's used in a prepositional phrase.
maybe that's just how we roll in the States?
True that! Would you be able to proof read a grammatically incorrect short story I wrote?
¿¿doo wee??
Wouldn't it be Leslie and myself? Not Leslie and me.
Wouldn't it be Leslie and myself? Not Leslie and me.
You are correct.Wouldn't myself mostly be used if you are doing something for/ to yourself?
(as in "I <....> myself ")
Ooooh, Miri!
You should tell North Americans the best way to say "water" instead the way they say "water"... Could you please take some time to make a video for us?
Ha! Ha!
The words "would of" is nothing more than lazy speech for "would have"...The one I see most: would've, would of
He would've (contraction of would have) gone with his mother, not he would of gone with his mother.
Can't think of anytime "would of" would be correct.
"Definitely a true southerner's way of writing the word..."In Ala. we're using aint for am not, isnt, arent, haden(t), etc.
Only a true southerner will understand this without some help...Oh.No.
It is Sey-ents and See-ins.
"And, therein lies the problem..."But it's not the same word.
"That would depend on whether you put a 'pause' between 'eat' and 'grandma' - don't you think?"Well, saying this out loud it'd be Correct Grammar...lol
A woman without her man is nothing. (Women are weak and need men to survive).
A woman, without her, man is nothing. (Men are weak and need women to survive).
How about that?!!!![]()
Your point regarding punctuation is well made; however, the second Sentence is incorrectly stated according to the 'grammar of the language'. The way it is written, the phrase "without her" cannot refer back to the word 'woman'. The sentence would have to use the phrase "without herself" to be correct.Post 101 shows the difference in meaning with and without commas.![]()
( "I can't believe I wrote this?" )Your point regarding punctuation is well made; however, the second Sentence is incorrectly stated according to the 'grammar of the language'. The way it is written, the phrase "without her" cannot refer back to the word 'woman'. The sentence would have to use the phrase "without herself" to be correct.
![]()