Could the tribulation start this year?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
You see this is exactly the kind of response that is pointless, we are taught to bring good fruits to encourage direct and inspire each other and honestly it is responses like this that show you not to be mature enough to be in debates.

If you want to act like this whenever someone says something you don't agree with please do so on another one this thread is for mature discussions about the tribulation and why it might be soon not childish remarks
You got me wrong about the joke I said. my friend. it's just a joke.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
focus on spiritual life.
Job 5:7
tribulation is only part of our journey,
If we don't go through tribulation, how can we know the firmness of our faith.

It's just like a house on the sand,When the wind blows and the water rushes, it disappears.

and Build another house on Jesus .
The focus of this thread is could the tribulation start this year and if so why it is not about if we go through it or not I don't want this to become another endless debate on the rapture

soberxp

May 3, 2018
The focus of this thread is could the tribulation start this year and if so why it is not about if we go through it or not I don't want this to become another endless debate on the rapture
tribulation could happen any time for each of us.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
7 years tribulation base on Daniel 9:27 if i am right.
one week, midst of week, these words never showed 7 years.........

if the word means 1/7, It may have real meaning, we have seven churchs, each of church may go through tribulation.

So these explanations are **expletive removed** about 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 26, 2021
So I don't make threads often but when I do it is because I feel or believe something strongly and I personally think the tribulation could very well begin this year. For those of you who know I am a pretrib rapture believer and while I leave room for me being wrong and end up having to go through the tribulation I truly feel myself looking up more when I did my recent bible prophecy study.
And some of you may know as well I study biblical numerology as numbers are used all throughout the bible as if a hidden language and used precicely in each manner of which it is used I found a site on this subject a while back https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/21.html and it has so far been amazing in helping me understand and the number 21 and this year has been on my eyes for a while now because it does seem to symbolize great wickeness and rebellion and sin ehich if you look at things in the world right now the wickedness corruption and sin is by far worse than it has been in a good while.

My next thing is the number 22 which seems to represent great disorder and chaos and again the link is herehttps://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/22.html Also remember how Jesus said on the mount of olives how the generation will see all these things come to pass? what is a generation according to scripture? the bible says it is 70 years or by reason of strength 80 years, now pay attention to Israel and how it became a nation again in 1948 now lets add 80 years to that and what is it? 2028 what is 7 minus that? 2021 why does God begin the great tribulation to begin with? the great rebellion and sin of man.
This is only a little of my studies but I just felt God telling me to make this thread how it is recieved is in his hands
Also for those who have been worried I have not been online much I was put into an institute by family for the mentally disabled which I don't belong in but have nowhere to go and the internet here is very finicky plus I have been working a lot as well but God has been with me and speaking to me so I figure he must have me here for a reason
No. Not highly probable considering the fact that, for persecution to come, there has to be oppressors of Christians, and Christ haters. That means Anti-Christ. Without the presence of Anti-Christ promoter, there can be no persecution, and without Christians preaching the Gospel of Christ to a greater degree than now, there will be no Anti-Christ promoters.

That said, a Revival must come first, and America is chosen for it. Then, enemy of Christ will once again rise up to persecute faithful Gospel Preachers. Then many will fall away.

Feb 26, 2021
7 years tribulation base on Daniel 9:27 if i am right.
No. You are not right entirely. The half-way point of Daniel last week was already fulfilled by Christ at Crucifixion which was 3.5 years after He appeared on donkey.

but each of those weeks had to be 7 years from the fact that the declaration of Cyrus - the Messiah the prince was 483 years which is 69*7.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
No. You are not right entirely. The half-way point of Daniel last week was already fulfilled by Christ at Crucifixion which was 3.5 years after He appeared on donkey.

but each of those weeks had to be 7 years from the fact that the declaration of Cyrus - the Messiah the prince was 483 years which is 69*7.
So this shows that there have been countless seven-year tribulations ........

Feb 26, 2021
Moreover, the mention of "7 days" occur (a relative to "a week") in various parts of the Old Testament prophecies.

One of the most curious occurrence is Ezekiel 3:15

"Then I came to them of the captivity at Tel-abib, that dwelt by the river Chebar, and I sat where they sat; and I remained there appalled among them seven days. "​
Spirit lifted him up in bitterness there. Chebar is a place in Babylon, and Ezekiel was appalled. We know already that Babylon has a spiritual counterpart from Revelation, and if there is a connection prophetically, then the question is where Babylon is today. (I'm inclined to believe it is America.)

Feb 26, 2021
So this shows that there have been countless seven-year tribulations ........
Well, if you'd rather interpret it that way. But in the first place, Daniel 9 wasn't meant to show any "tribulation" per-se.

I believe "7 yrs" mainly comes from 42 months of beast reign and the mention of 1260 days in Revelation 11, 12 and Daniel 12, but I've also wondered why people say it's 7 yrs total

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Well, if you'd rather interpret it that way. But in the first place, Daniel 9 wasn't meant to show any "tribulation" per-se.

I believe "7 yrs" mainly comes from 42 months of beast reign and the mention of 1260 days in Revelation 11, 12 and Daniel 12, but I've also wondered why people say it's 7 yrs total
I know some secrets,Why do they say seven years.I just don't think you will believe me, so I don't want to say it.
Because it may be about some people's secrets

Feb 26, 2021
I know some secrets,Why do they say seven years.I just don't think you will believe me, so I don't want to say it.
Because it may be about some people's secrets
Okay. Brother. Follow your heart. Nonetheless, I can imagine people will be running around spreading falsehood once Zionists reveal their temple IF they ever do. But I know they're looking for a messiah type.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
No. Not highly probable considering the fact that, for persecution to come, there has to be oppressors of Christians, and Christ haters. That means Anti-Christ. Without the presence of Anti-Christ promoter, there can be no persecution, and without Christians preaching the Gospel of Christ to a greater degree than now, there will be no Anti-Christ promoters.

That said, a Revival must come first, and America is chosen for it. Then, enemy of Christ will once again rise up to persecute faithful Gospel Preachers. Then many will fall away.
I suggest that the Christians in North Korea, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and so on would dispute your argument. The USA a centre for revival? I doubt it. The USA has turned away from God and is losing its power and influence in the world. A spirit of lunacy has taken hold. How else could people believe that they can choose their own gender? God's covenant sign has been hijacked by by the rebellious gays and there is a "pride month" to celebrate gross sin. People are leaving Christianity, or least the superficial version that is commonplace, in droves. The church is rocked by scandalous sin that leaves unbelievers even more sceptical.

The USA is far from united. The economy has been bled white by foolish wars, starting with Vietnam. Libya is a disaster, Iraq almost as bad, Afghanistan about to fall back in to the hands of the Taliban - and for what? If you cannot see that the USA is under God's judgement, you are blind. The only saving grace for the US is its support for Israel. If that goes, then you will see the end of the USA as a world power.

The UK was once the greatest nation spiritually. As it declined, especially when it sold Israel down the river, so it's once mighty empire crumbled. I was born in England, a few years after the end of WW2. It was still an economic and social basket case. The USA prospered from the war. Now war is an economic curse, not a benefit.

It is no accident that Billy Graham was raised up in the USA. I wonder what kind of reception he would get if he was starting out now. Pretty poor, I reckon. God will bypass those who have grown cold and complacent. You won't find the church of Laodicea. It's now a destroyed village in Turkey. I recommend that you learn Mandarin. It may well come in useful someday.

I know that a lot of people are talking about an end times revival. I'd be delighted if it comes to pass. It's been talked about where I live for at least 45 years. It's been 45 years of decline, not revival. I'm 70, so I hope it happens. I am not at all confident.

Feb 26, 2021
The USA is far from united.
You know that both wings belong to one man, right? That's being played is just an introduction for a One World Government.
I suggest that the Christians in North Korea, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and so on would dispute your argument. The USA a centre for revival? I doubt it.
If you doubt, do freely. But I'd like to ask: has there been a greater revival since Azusa street in those nations?

If you talk about ungodliness, America isn't alone in it. The whole world is SETTING ON. THAT. COURSE. That said, a Revival does not occur to a living body. It has to be dead. And if American Church isn't revived, no other church would, considering the fact that the world shifts around America now.

Feb 26, 2021
@Gideon300 And let us not forget that America is also center of evil. It's basically the future of Ancient Rome. It makes sense if global persecution of Christianity begins there.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I mean maybe it is just me but these times have a different feel to them more intense more serious more speeding towards that day and so I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss these things.
My viewpoint... I had put in a brief comment back in mid-Aug, 2020 :

Post #7 (second paragraph of mine... in the parenthetical comment there) - https://christianchat.com/threads/t...-left-until-the-year-6000.194147/post-4344407

Can you see what I said there?

= ) I maintain that view, even today.

randyk

Jan 14, 2021
Pacific NW USA
So I don't make threads often but when I do it is because I feel or believe something strongly and I personally think the tribulation could very well begin this year. For those of you who know I am a pretrib rapture believer and while I leave room for me being wrong and end up having to go through the tribulation I truly feel myself looking up more when I did my recent bible prophecy study.
And some of you may know as well I study biblical numerology as numbers are used all throughout the bible as if a hidden language and used precicely in each manner of which it is used I found a site on this subject a while back https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/21.html and it has so far been amazing in helping me understand and the number 21 and this year has been on my eyes for a while now because it does seem to symbolize great wickeness and rebellion and sin ehich if you look at things in the world right now the wickedness corruption and sin is by far worse than it has been in a good while.

My next thing is the number 22 which seems to represent great disorder and chaos and again the link is herehttps://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/22.html Also remember how Jesus said on the mount of olives how the generation will see all these things come to pass? what is a generation according to scripture? the bible says it is 70 years or by reason of strength 80 years, now pay attention to Israel and how it became a nation again in 1948 now lets add 80 years to that and what is it? 2028 what is 7 minus that? 2021 why does God begin the great tribulation to begin with? the great rebellion and sin of man.
This is only a little of my studies but I just felt God telling me to make this thread how it is recieved is in his hands
Also for those who have been worried I have not been online much I was put into an institute by family for the mentally disabled which I don't belong in but have nowhere to go and the internet here is very finicky plus I have been working a lot as well but God has been with me and speaking to me so I figure he must have me here for a reason
I wouldn't think anybody can force you to go into an institution apart from your choice, unless you do something "unsocial." So unless you feel you're unable to cope outside of the institution, I would get out of there! But I don't know you.

I'm a Postrib, and believe the Reign of Antichrist is only a short 3.5 years. That's a very short period of time for any Christian to worry about. What we should worry about are the antichrists of our own time. That's why Revelation was written, to warn the Church to be aware of the Beast system that reigns in the world. At the end of the age, it will make a last effort at consolidating its power and imposing its will on the world.

You can't predict the times and seasons--we were told not to try to do that. Same with numerological predictions--not good. Stick with black and white Scriptural statements of fact. The more boringly doctrinal they are expressed, the more reliable they are. And in fact, they won't bore you when you realize this is God's truth, good for the whole universe and good for all eternity.

God never said we would be immune from tribulation. We are already in tribulation at various degrees. Learn to manage them the best you can, and develop a close, intimate relationship with the Lord. He can always help us.

Feb 26, 2021
Can you see what I said there?

= ) I maintain that view, even today.
Did you know?

Hosea 6:2 doesn't talk about a future resurrection. IT WAS FULFILLED at CRUCIFIXION-RESURRECTION.

Hebrew: יחינו מימים

English: He will give us life FROM THE DAYS (GONE BY).

Hebrew: ביום השׁלישׁי יקמנו

English: On the third day will He revive us

THERE IS NO "IN TWO DAYS" in Hebrew.

Feb 26, 2021
Just so you know, you can't reconcile Rapture and escaping persecution at the same time. The reason solely being

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a loud command"(1 Thess 4:16)

Paul only ever associated the rapture with the coming of the Lord. And this is that through which the slang term "rapture" came into existence. Here are the 2 witnesses.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Did you know?
Hosea 6:2 doesn't talk about a future resurrection. IT WAS FULFILLED at CRUCIFIXION-RESURRECTION.
Hebrew: יחינו מימים

English: He will give us life FROM THE DAYS (GONE BY).
Hebrew: ביום השׁלישׁי יקמנו

English: On the third day will He revive us
THERE IS NO "IN TWO DAYS" in Hebrew.
Personally, I see a closer connection of our word (from Hos6:2 - "mi-yo-ma-yim" [1x]) to that of the following:

--"yo-w-ma-yim" (4x) - example: Numbers 11:19 - "Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days [yo-w-ma-yim], nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;"
- https://biblehub.com/text/numbers/11-19.htm

יוֹמָ֑יִם
yō-w-mā-yim; ['two days']

... [closer connection] than to your suggestion similar to the word in both Numbers 6:12 and Esther 9:28 ('wə·hay·yā·mîm'):

--"wə·hay·yā·mîm" - Numbers 6:12 - "And he shall consecrate unto the LORD the days of his separation, and shall bring a lamb of the first year for a trespass offering: but the days [wə·hay·yā·mîm] that were before shall be lost, because his separation was defiled."
- https://biblehub.com/text/numbers/6-12.htm

--[and] Esther 9:28 - "And that these days [wə·hay·yā·mîm] should be remembered and kept throughout every generation, every family, every province, and every city; and that these days of Purim should not fail from among the Jews, nor the memorial of them perish from their seed.
- https://biblehub.com/text/esther/9-28.htm

וְהַיָּמִ֤ים
wə-hay-yā-mîm

Therefore, I remain unconvinced of your viewpoint. = )

[additionally, I believe the entire context of Hosea 5:14-6:3 is concerning "ISRAEL" throughout]

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Okay. Brother. Follow your heart. Nonetheless, I can imagine people will be running around spreading falsehood once Zionists reveal their temple IF they ever do. But I know they're looking for a messiah type.
Follow my heart.
I'm happy to tell the secret.
it's a long story from 2001 year.
That's the secret about my first love, not the bible "first love".
She used to like me when I was in middle school That was before 2001 year,Later she fell in love with a good friend of mine.
Later, I contacted her when I was in high school. I thought she love me again.
So I transferred to another school for her. My school is next to hers,In short, we are very close.
But what I met was that she was with someone else again.
I went to ask her, do you still love me?I didn't get any answers.
Anything strange happened after this. I remember this year is 2001.

She seemed to know that I would pass by her school gate after my class,
Then she and her new lovers,And her classmates stood in a row waiting for me,She sat among them herself.
Of course I saw her,I was just thinking in my mind:"what do you want to do?"
I don't want to go there and ask, why are you doing this, what do you want to do
I left the door of her school directly.But I saw that she immediately became depressed.

I've forgotten, before or after this
She called a phone and asked me, "how much is your tuition fee?"
I asked her at that time: "what does this have to do with you?"

It can be said that I played truant all that time. I went to the Internet bar and made a lot of friends,a happy time.

Many years later,
I thinking about her, I just think about my tuition about what I have done for her (or myself),
I wonder if she should pay my tuition fees,cuz I think that I did all this for her..................(this is a complaint only in my mind.)
But I realized that she knew what I will thinking in the future, She took my complaint seriously at the past.

It's not just about this. I don't know if you got what I wanted to trying say.
I even met someone told to me about her on the American forum.
The someone said to me, "you have a blue bicycle."

The world is really small, I did see her when I was in a bus before, she and a boy and her sis on the street, that boy has a blue bike, and I used to have a yellow bike(It was stolen a long time ago 2001 year), the reverse color of yellow is blue.

The point I want to express is not my emotional entanglement with her.(I've forgiven her and I've forgiven myself)

I mean, I felt that God really catch up some people into the air secretly, 2001 year

2001 seven years later , I saw Jesus coming in the clouds with glory 2008.10.10

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/the-second-coming-of-jesus.193968/#post-4337271

There are many others details that I don't know how to reveal, but I'm sure this is the beginning of the seven-year tribulation doctrine .