We pick on the Belgians, but this pic they stole from North Korea and photoshopped his face on it lol.
Oh thank goodness!! I was thinking that they really did that in your country.
We pick on the Belgians, but this pic they stole from North Korea and photoshopped his face on it lol.
Some of the oldest people in my church have spoken of rain. They say it has rained here. Rain is when water falls out of the sky. I am hoping before I die to witness this event.
I used to go to Canada fishing every summer thankfully. They converted to the metric system somewhere along the line. If that never happened, that chill that just went through my body over the temps you gave would never go away. 32 degrees is freezing in Fahrenheit, so, brrrr -- 3-37?Well according to the BBC weather app it is currently 3 degrees C or
37F where I am and it definately feels it.
I just turned the central heating up and put it on so it comes on all night.
My aunt just asked for an extra quilt.![]()
I used to go to Canada fishing every summer thankfully. They converted to the metric system somewhere along the line. If that never happened, that chill that just went through my body over the temps you gave would never go away. 32 degrees is freezing in Fahrenheit, so, brrrr -- 3-37?
![]()
Can you imagine putting on winter clothes at 37 degrees celsius?
They encouraged people not to convert by constantly translating it into Fahrenheit, so the only thing I remember was a day in the 30's was going to be a hot day to fish. (We used to go in August, so not like there weren't mostly days in the 30's.)
What's room temperature/just right to you? It's been many decades since I've been to Canada, so I have no memory of that. Although, I do remember the pot belly stove was lit right before we went to bed, and I was glad Dad was an early-bird, so he relit it in the morning. making it just right by the time I got out of bed. (Still had to go to an outhouse, which was always the worst part of our vacations, until I was old enough to qualify for "the ladies' outhouse" -- the only one with a flush toilet. lol)
Here in the state of Minnesota, if you're not talking about the weather you're talking about the road conditions, because anything else is too personal.
There's a little saying here: "don't like the weather? that's ok. Wait five minutes."
At my workplace in the Uk it was really cold in the morning and way too warm at the end of the day
they could never get it right, not even when we moved buildings to a new one and got a smaller room.
and there were no windows one could open (I suspect they did it all to torment us)
I too prefer about 22C indoors, at least winter- time
road conditions? clearly you have NEVER been to Indiana. worst roads in the USA.
Can you explain this urge I have to build a boat?You're not Noah in disguise are you - cos if you are then I have to warn you that a whole
lot of rain is coming your way.![]()
Well, yeah. I knew that about your people... or more exactly you. lolRoom temparature, well it depends if in jeans/t-shirt I would say about 20-21c degrees.
If wearing something warmer then a bit lower, I also can't sleep in a room unless it's below
20 degrees as I get too warm to sleep.
The thing is my aunt likes it above 22 degrees so at home I pretty much wear sleeveless
shirts and thin trousers. Also as the heat rises through the house I don't bother to put
the heating on in my bedroom at all even in winter.
Maybe I'm just hot blooded.
Re temperature when it's really cold the met office uses centigrade to emphasise it
so the will say it is -5 centigrade, whereas in summer they use Fahrenheit to emphasise
how hot is it like 80F
We are strange people.
I have. I have no memories of the roads but the "Welcome to" sign and the "Welcome to Illinois" sign at the end of the highway. To me that means they're reasonable roads.road conditions? clearly you have NEVER been to Indiana. worst roads in the USA.
It's been said that the Brits are obsessed by the weather, yes it's
true!
I just wondered if anyone else was, do you complain as much about the
weather as we do?
So here is the crazy Yorshire weather for today.
8.30am brilliant blinding sunshine and blue skies.
11.00am ish - dark clouds, rain, hail stones the size of large peas.
12.45pm ish - snow, yes you heard correct snow, blizzard in fact and it started
to lay.
2pm ish - back to sunshine again.
2.30 - rain by the bucket load.
18.38 - as we speak brilliant dazzling sunshine
They've been making that same prediction since that hurricane season where they went through the alphabet and had to start over.The 2016 Hurricane Season could be the worst Hurricane season in 5 years. Forecasters are saying that they predict 17 named storms, 8 hurricanes, 3-4 major. Get ready to batten down the hatches.
@Depleted You, ma'am, are very wrong. The year of 2015 was very quiet hurricane-wise because of the strongest El Nino on record. Please note, accurate weather records have been kept since to 1950s. The El Nino would break apart hurricanes because of the upper level Jetstream and Windshear. However, the El Nino died this past spring, leaving the coastlines quite vulnerable to any storm. Forecasters are predicting a hot and dry summer. The heat will super-heat the ground, causing an almost unlimited supply of fuel, and stalled high pressure systems over the northern Atlantic will not allow a hurricane to "just die out at sea." High pressure would direct a storm towards shore, and with a super-heated surface, it would thrive. Ill give you an example. In 1938, A hurricane formed off the coast of Africa. It moved north, striking the Bahamas, and causing Damage. The National Weather Bureau (changed to National Weather Service in 1970) forecast the storm to travel north, missing the US completely because, "Thats always what happened." They issued an alert for the East Coast, that all ships should remain in port. After the hurricane past Florida, they didnt really know where it was because the only weather tools they had were a thermometer, and a barometer and mariners relayed weather messages back to them. And since they had requested all ships to put into port, there were no observations of the storm. What they didnt know was that 2 High Pressure systems were stalled. One over the Allegheny Mountains, and one about 50-100 miles North of Bermuda. When the Hurricane reached this, it shot through the trough moving 60-80 MPH. A speed that many people have never seen. The summer of '38 was hot and dry, so when the storm reached New England, it reacted as if it was still travelling over water. In the wake of the storm, 300-500 people were dead, and billions of dollars of damage was caused. So yes, it can happen. And it has. Weather people have an incredibly tough job, so I got offended when people talk bad about them. No one can be 100% sure about the weather. It is constantly changing. And if you are arrogant, and not respective of it, it WILL kill you.
Can you explain this urge I have to build a boat?
It's been said that the Brits are obsessed by the weather, yes it's
true!
I just wondered if anyone else was, do you complain as much about the
weather as we do?
So here is the crazy Yorshire weather for today.
8.30am brilliant blinding sunshine and blue skies.
11.00am ish - dark clouds, rain, hail stones the size of large peas.
12.45pm ish - snow, yes you heard correct snow, blizzard in fact and it started
to lay.
2pm ish - back to sunshine again.
2.30 - rain by the bucket load.
18.38 - as we speak brilliant dazzling sunshine