create a closed those who are being abused forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Have Pastors who have experience with Women's Shelters.
No Pastors who lack that experience please.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Only a handful of problems with the idea since this IS the internet.

A} How does anyone confirm that the users who claim to be abused really are (rather than someone looking to further abuse said victims)

B} How does anyone confirm said Pastors actually ARE pastors and have required experience (rather than someone looking to further abuse said victims)

It is impossible for us as a site to confirm a user's gender let alone any further information.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Only a handful of problems with the idea since this IS the internet.

A} How does anyone confirm that the users who claim to be abused really are (rather than someone looking to further abuse said victims)

B} How does anyone confirm said Pastors actually ARE pastors and have required experience (rather than someone looking to further abuse said victims)

It is impossible for us as a site to confirm a user's gender let alone any further information.
Agree.png Informative.png

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
I was in an abusive first marriage

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/unpopular-opinion-on-women-sex.8072272/page-5#post-72991626

but I don't see the point of a specific forum just for victims of abuse or those trained to deal with it

Any of us can talk when and where appropriate on open forum.

Just becAuse you want to infer abuse upon a situation the woman herself never indicated abuse doesn't mean we should have a closed and private forum.

I for one applaud the post given by @maxwel I see it as well thought out and quite appropriate.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I was in an abusive first marriage

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/unpopular-opinion-on-women-sex.8072272/page-5#post-72991626

but I don't see the point of a specific forum just for victims of abuse or those trained to deal with it

Any of us can talk when and where appropriate on open forum.

Just becAuse you want to infer abuse upon a situation the woman herself never indicated abuse doesn't mean we should have a closed and private forum.

I for one applaud the post given by @maxwel I see it as well thought out and quite appropriate.
Just read your testimony on this. WOW! So sorry you and your kids had to go through that.

God must have given you incredible faith and love to recover. Be Blessed.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Just read your testimony on this. WOW! So sorry you and your kids had to go through that.

God must have given you incredible faith and love to recover. Be Blessed.
Yes, God has blessed me beyond my dreams and for that all praise is to God..

We are nothing without Him..

Thank you for your kindness.. :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
From the stories I've heard pastors often tend to be more damaging in domestic abuse situations. Guilting victims into staying as if it is a sin to leave.

Dec 12, 2013
From the stories I've heard pastors often tend to be more damaging in domestic abuse situations. Guilting victims into staying as if it is a sin to leave.
As a Marine, if one of my ewes or lambs were being abused I would have to TUNE the man up a bit..... ;)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
As a Marine, if one of my ewes or lambs were being abused I would have to TUNE the man up a bit..... ;)
As a father and grand father if one of mine was being abused I would a) Give them shelter b) stand upon the castle law. c) stand my ground!