Creation and the Gap theory (pre adamic race)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Plain and simple....God is eternal mean no beginnning no end...
Then in gen 1 in the beginning....when is this?
It is the time period that he started to reveal His work of faith as our faithful Creator.

God who is Light is not only able to create it. . entered the picture let there be Light. . . God revealed. Let there be action.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

For the first 3 days he would hide to form night and again reveal himself as light . The fourth day the beginning of the punishment for sin having corrupted the whole creation the glory of God fled. And he created a light source from the rudiments of this world .

He turned the switch on. No gap between.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day . Genesis 1:14-19

You could say it turned on the clock that is winding down toward the last day total destruction.The Sun and the moon the two corruption time keepers or what we call "under the sun" .It will be taken out of the picture as the glory of God returns in the new heavens and earth .Then there will be no nights darkness used to represent evil . Light all day glory. Not a cloud in the Sky .

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there Revelation 21:22_25

It would seem to be one of those doctrines that gets overlooked . Again no gap between day three and four.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Did not God formed the earth from water...he did create water likewise when he divide the waters he created heaven
According to the way you see it, The earth is just already there, without for and void. Just was hanging out that way. What do you think He is going on about at the end of Job? Sounds like creation to me. But

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I wonder to whom He was making this point?
Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

You have Him creating it without form and void even though God tells us that is not how He created it. I put forth the truth. I am not going to argue. You want to learn or you want to argue. I will leave you to your own conflicting doctrines. I am not worried. We will all be made aware of Gods Truth. Everything will be revealed. I am good with that.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
According to the way you see it, The earth is just already there, without for and void. Just was hanging out that way. What do you think He is going on about at the end of Job? Sounds like creation to me. But

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I wonder to whom He was making this point?
Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

You have Him creating it without form and void even though God tells us that is not how He created it. I put forth the truth. I am not going to argue. You want to learn or you want to argue. I will leave you to your own conflicting doctrines. I am not worried. We will all be made aware of Gods Truth. Everything will be revealed. I am good with that.
If you have watched the video. You will see that the water was without form and void...and from that water he formed earth...then made the fishes, birds, cattles and finally man to inhabit the earth...and god saw tthat it was very good.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Genesis 2:2
And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.

--- I believe we are still in the seventh day on which God initially rested, but soon thereafter He had to stop his rest in order to set in motion his plan to save mankind from their sins. ---

John 5:15-17
The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him. And this was why the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things on the Sabbath (seventh day). But Jesus answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I am working."

---Jesus working on the Sabbath to heal the sick shows us that God has been working on his seventh day of rest to heal man from his sins.---

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.

--- I believe we are still in the seventh day on which God initially rested, but soon thereafter He had to stop his rest in order to set in motion his plan to save mankind from their sins. ---

The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him. And this was why the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things on the Sabbath (seventh day). But Jesus answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I am working."

---Jesus working on the Sabbath to heal the sick shows us that God has been working on his seventh day of rest to heal man from his sins.---
You literal the firat six then spiritualise the 7th...that is the start of false teaching...
God rested on the 7th and was refreshed...do you think he was still refreshed when he destroyed his creation during the flood

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
You literal the firat six then spiritualise the 7th...that is the start of false teaching...
God rested on the 7th and was refreshed...do you think he was still refreshed when he destroyed his creation during the flood
How do I literal the first six? And what does that mean to spiritualize the seven?
I am saying they are not literal 24 hour days.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Jobs 3 "friends".
Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him. Job 2:11

Well I wasn't really trying to say anything but sharing the song "Shout". Plus was asking if you noticed how the one called Elihu just appeared in the storyline and disappeared much in the same way. Was going to see if you knew from where he came and whence he went?
Were they of Gods chosen people? What did they know? They were the ones who had no knowledge.
I am somewhat surprised that you refer unto the three wise men as the ones who had no knowledge. The one who darken the counsel of the wise with words without knowledge was Elihu. Saying something by words without knowledge is something different than not speaking the right thing.

And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Job 42:7

But if you answered the question, I missed it. So please tell me, when was it ALL the sons of God were together at the same time singing together?
The question was answered in the passage of Job 38 which you quoted. I am somewhat surprised you didn't hear it yet if you look at the scriptures again you might see that it came to pass that when the garment is brought over the earth that he would set a bow in the cloud that the waters of the earth should never again become a flood to cover the entire earth. [/QUOTE]

NayborBear

I wonder if those who believe in a 'young' earth may consider factual evidence of a much older earth, to be outside of God or rather what we think we understand from the intro in Genesis?

I don't believe this is a salvic issue, but as a person of faith and reason, I cannot accept that the earth is only 6000 years old and Abraham rode a dinosaur to work (humor)
Well? It helps in a discerning of where "during a timeline", or some may even call it a "time loop", we are, or one is, especially in regards to Biblical prophecy.
Cuz, if one doesn't understand the "beginning?" One is not going to understand the "end" either.
In Romans? Is called the "goodness and severity" of God.

7seasrekeyed

Well? It helps in a discerning of where "during a timeline", or some may even call it a "time loop", we are, or one is, especially in regards to Biblical prophecy.
Cuz, if one doesn't understand the "beginning?" One is not going to understand the "end" either.
In Romans? Is called the "goodness and severity" of God.

sorry

I am not really understanding what you say here in regards to your reply to my post

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him. Job 2:11

Well I wasn't really trying to say anything but sharing the song "Shout". Plus was asking if you noticed how the one called Elihu just appeared in the storyline and disappeared much in the same way. Was going to see if you knew from where he came and whence he went?

I am somewhat surprised that you refer unto the three wise men as the ones who had no knowledge. The one who darken the counsel of the wise with words without knowledge was Elihu. Saying something by words without knowledge is something different than not speaking the right thing.

And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Job 42:7

The question was answered in the passage of Job 38 which you quoted. I am somewhat surprised you didn't hear it yet if you look at the scriptures again you might see that it came to pass that when the garment is brought over the earth that he would set a bow in the cloud that the waters of the earth should never again become a flood to cover the entire earth.
[/QUOTE]

Hello Uno, I don't know if I know the song "shout" or not but if I do, I still don't get the reference, sometimes I am "thick as a brick" Jethro Tull. Any way, we have a little different understanding of Jobs friends and but maybe not Elihu.

But the basics of my understandings lie with Jacob I loved, and Esau I hated, and the lands and peoples Esau represents.

And The LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee and against thy two friends for ye have not spoken of Me the thing that is right as My servant Job hath.
None of them spoke of God what was right.

But I think we both agree on Elihu
Job 33:6 Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay.
Job 33:7 Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee.

Job 36:1 Elihu also proceeded, and said,
Job 36:2 Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.

Yes, who is it that "darkens"? God of the light, Satan of the dark. The pride of Elihu, to speak on behalf of God, is to much like Satans pride

Job 36:3 I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
Job 36:4 For truly my words shall not be false, he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.

I don't understand how the rainbow part, (I will have to go search it out) has to do with God creating the earth and all sons singing etc while He is doing it? The rainbow came much later.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Are they millions of years then?
For Jesus said, "I am coming soon." And we know that "soon" turned out to be at least ~2000 yrs.

Now here is an analogy:
Your wife says, "honey, can you take out the garbage?"
And you answer, "OK honey, I'll do it soon".
And then two minutes later you take out the garbage.

In this analogy 2 min. is to ~2000 yrs.
If you keep to these proportions then one 24h day is to ~1.5 million years.

Yes or No?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
For Jesus said, "I am coming soon." And we know that "soon" turned out to be at least ~2000 yrs.

Now here is an analogy:

Yes or No?
Are u having a hard time based on your gap belief locating where to put the beginning in gen 1:1? There is no need for ur analogy, just locate/ define it where in your million years...is it part of first day? I would just warn you..God Created the earth to be inhabited...waiting million of years is a stretch...Isa 45:18 KJV For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013

Now here is an analogy:

Yes or No?
Also please watch the video part 1 and 2 in the OP...showing how long a day. Without using exo 20:11

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013

Your belief in the 7th day rest is absurd...god rested then stop resting for a while then working again....
Not biblical.
They have to re write the whole bible to modify the sabbath.... which means you can rest for a bit on sabbath then work again...are you seeing this???

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Now here is an analogy:

Yes or No?
Unless Jesus did, in fact, come "soon", which would make your timescale irrelevant.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Hello Uno, I don't know if I know the song "shout" or not but if I do, I still don't get the reference, sometimes I am "thick as a brick" Jethro Tull.
I guess you didn't click on the link in my post to Otis Day and the Knights song, but anyways the actual title of the release was "You make me wanna", not really sure. It seems like every time someone brings up the subject of the sons of God it make me think of whether or not they wanna shout or not. So do you think you are thick as a brick or do you just feel like it? Do bricks consider themselves to be stones with a point :sneaky:
Yes, who is it that "darkens"? God of the light, Satan of the dark.
Do you not know that the LORD is the God of the heaven above and of the earth beneath? Consider whether you believe the writings of Moses in Duet. 4:39 since faith comes by hearing and hearing by the voice of the Son of God.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isa 45:7

The rainbow came much later.
Do you know what God saw when he said let there be light? It is written that he saw the light so what light do you believe he saw?

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I guess you didn't click on the link in my post to Otis Day and the Knights song, but anyways the actual title of the release was "You make me wanna", not really sure. It seems like every time someone brings up the subject of the sons of God it make me think of whether or not they wanna shout or not. So do you think you are thick as a brick or do you just feel like it? Do bricks consider themselves to be stones with a point :sneaky:
The song by Jethro Tull, I think it was on the Aqualung album. I just think of that song when I don't get the references sometimes.

Do you know what God saw when he said let there be light? It is written that he saw the light so what light do you believe he saw?
Yes, He was looking upon the earth that He had created to be inhabited sitting null and void in the darkness He had caused to come upon it when He destroyed it at the end of the first earth age, the time when Satan drew 1/3 of His children away from Him and it perished and there was not a man left, and the Heavens were made black. You know, in

Jeremiah 4:19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.