Creation and the Gap theory (pre adamic race)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I said what I said.
In that case, if you are right, and the first four days were created before there was light, as the Bible says, then a day is not a literal day of 24 hours as has been assumed, but more like a period of time, commonly called an era which is what I said.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In that case, if you are right, and the first four days were created before there was light, as the Bible says, then a day is not a literal day of 24 hours as has been assumed, but more like a period of time, commonly called an era which is what I said.
God created light on day 1. He created the sun on day 4. Sunlight is not what defines day and night; light is. There is no room in Genesis 1 for long periods of time.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Not only the first 4 days but all the days from 1 to 7th.the same they were measured...evening and mornng...
They are of the same duration.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
God created light on day 1. He created the sun on day 4. Sunlight is not what defines day and night; light is. There is no room in Genesis 1 for long periods of time.
The universe was not the same then as it is now.

Mar 28, 2016
Are you saying the first four days took place before time as we know it existed?
We are experiencing time from the corruption side. . after the glory of God departed. Three seemed to indicate the end of the matter . Pride was found in the heart of the lying Spirit. . . Day four in the twinkling of the eye the clock being with 72 hours started ticking toward the end of time. The missing bones are still missing because they were never there to begin with .

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Not only the first 4 days but all the days from 1 to 7th.the same they were measured...evening and mornng...
You will no doubt have encountered people asking if Christians have fairies living at the bottom of their garden. I understand where they are coming from. It is such a shame the early translators assumed yome meant 24 hours and not an unknown period of time, or is it our fault for not realising that words change meaning even within a generation, never mind hundreds of years?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
We are experiencing time from the corruption side. . after the glory of God departed. Three seemed to indicate the end of the matter . Pride was found in the heart of the lying Spirit. . . Day four in the twinkling of the eye the clock being with 72 hours started ticking toward the end of time. The missing bones are still missing because they were never there to begin with .
Some fossils go back over 3 billion years.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/oldest-fossil-ever-found.htm

PS

Jan 11, 2013
How old do you think the earth is?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
You believe that a bunch of atheistic circular-reasoning hypothesists know how old the fossils are? Really?
What are your qualifications?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You remind me of someone who was on Sheffield forum. Would that have been you?
No; the only other forum I've been on was a hobby-specific forum that is long-since defunct.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You remind me of someone who was on Sheffield forum. Would that have been you?
I suspect you didn't much appreciate them... or me.