Cremation or Direct Burial

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Omegatime

Which one would you choose to be buried in or sprinkled about? I consider once the flesh no longer functions it is worthless as the soul has already left as it is much cheaper to be cremated.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Which one would you choose to be buried in or sprinkled about? I consider once the flesh no longer functions it is worthless as the soul has already left as it is much cheaper to be cremated.
I used to be a Cremationist . . . so I see advantages and disadvantages to both cremation and buriel.

I created the idea of Dynadeath . . . which is to be exploded into a gazillion pieces so that neither being burnt alive nor buried are an option. Both are disgusting, in my opinion.

Dec 29, 2021
We know through the Word of God and Scientific Decomposition the body returns back to dust. Cremation just speeds up the process by 15 years. I see it basically comes down to cost of which process you choose after death.

Dec 29, 2021
Also, cremation is better for the Environment than embalming fluid seeping into the ground water system we drink, trees and grass and animals eat from, etc...

Dec 29, 2021
It's like wearing a mask during Covid. I don't do it because I lack Faith in God from acquiring it from others. I do it, because God loved the world enough to Die for it, I don't need to be spreading my own germs to God's Creation.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Also, cremation is better for the Environment than embalming fluid seeping into the ground water system we drink, trees and grass and animals eat from, etc...
The stench and smoke that come from burning bodies is disgusting. Its a dark(ish) smoke that goes into the atmosphere.

Dec 29, 2021
The stench and smoke that come from burning bodies is disgusting. Its a dark(ish) smoke that goes into the atmosphere.
Agreed!

But, air pollution is absorbed through trees that trees feed upon. Embalming fluid can cause Strokes in humans and animals among other health issues. It really is a lose/lose either way.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
How is this a Bible Discussion topic?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is that your criterion for determining how the bodies of Christians must be treated after death? Cremation is a pagan custom, while burial is a Christian custom for a sound biblical reason.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
We know through the Word of God and Scientific Decomposition the body returns back to dust. Cremation just speeds up the process by 15 years. I see it basically comes down to cost of which process you choose after death.
Cremation renders the body into ASH, not dust. And cost is never the criterion.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Cremation renders the body into ASH, not dust. And cost is never the criterion.
Not true at all . . . bone does not turn to "ASH." After the cremation process, what's left are calcium deposits because calcium does not burn. The deposits are either placed into an urn whole or they are ground up into pieces usually 3mm in size.

I used to do this for a living. Where do you receive your authoritarian knowledge?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How is this a Bible Discussion topic?
It is a Bible discussion topic since it contrasts pagan customs with Christian customs. So Christians must decide whether they will follow the abominations of the heathen or not.
Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain... (Jer 10:1-3)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not true at all . . . bone does not turn to "ASH." After the cremation process, what's left are calcium deposits because calcium does not burn.
Not true at all either. There are a variety of inorganic compounds present after cremation:
"Upon cremation, most of the organic compounds are converted to the metal oxide. Depending on the conditions of cremation, some may also be converted to carbonates. The inorganic compounds may remain as phosphates, sulfates, chlorides or carbonates, or may be partially converted to oxides."
https://scattering-ashes.co.uk/general/cremation-ashes-chemicalcompostion/

So ash is ash, and dust is dust. And God did not speak of ash, only dust.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Not true at all either. There are a variety of inorganic compounds present after cremation:
"Upon cremation, most of the organic compounds are converted to the metal oxide. Depending on the conditions of cremation, some may also be converted to carbonates. The inorganic compounds may remain as phosphates, sulfates, chlorides or carbonates, or may be partially converted to oxides."
https://scattering-ashes.co.uk/general/cremation-ashes-chemicalcompostion/

So ash is ash, and dust is dust. And God did not speak of ash, only dust.
? Ok, Nehemiah6.

O

Omegatime

My grandfather, father and brother were all funeral directors ( undertakers). The creamation process with the new retort chamber is not near a dirty process as it once was. All the smoke is filtered but depending on the size of a person does have visual effect on the amount of smoke. Sounds creepy but a large person has much more fat on them.

Just like in the those taken alive in the resurrection: those vultures mentioned in Luke 17 are there for a reason for flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of God.