CS1 New Believer Group: Full Gospel perspective

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Now that a few weeks after Easter, I think it is a good time to study what Jesus said and did over the 40 days before His ascension?

The Road to Emmaus
13 Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. 16 But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.

17 And He said to them, “What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?”

18 Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, “Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?”

19 And He said to them, “What things?”

So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. 21 But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. 22 Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. 23 When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. 24 And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see.”

25 Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

The Disciples’ Eyes Opened
28 Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther. 29 But they constrained Him, saying, “Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.” And He went in to stay with them.

30 Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.

32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”

CS1

May 23, 2012
Mother's Day is coming.

I pray for all mothers and Grandmothers and any woman who has stepped into the role of a mother. All Single mothers and Foster mothers have opened their homes to children who have no home. May the Lord Empower you, keep you, and strengthen you. Give you wisdom and teach your children and those given to you about the lord Jesus Christ.

Render honor to those it is due.

Amen

CS1

May 23, 2012
Today is Pentacost Sunday. 50 days after the Resurrection of Our Lord, 10 days after his ascension, the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon the 120. Acts chapter 2.

Jesus said you will receive Power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you to be a witness. Now, the word "Witness" there in Greek is Martyr.
But I would like to focus on the part about what it means to be a Witness and why they need power.

Jesus said you shall receive Power to be an effective witness of HIM. What are we witnessing? Well, it is the Resurrection of Christ.

The Gospel message is and has always been the death, burial, and Resurrection of Our Lord for the sins of the world.

The Apostles were killed because they would not deny That Jesus rose from the dead. The power of the Holy Spirit gave them the ability to bear witness Jesus was alive because no other miracle was done without that name. Confirming by the power of God, Jesus was alive.

Acts 4:33
33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

This same Jesus, who is alive today, is still empowering his People for effective witnessing and still confirming that HE is alive with HIS word, signs, and Wonders.

Mark 16:15-18

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

This all started after the day of Pentacost. Luke chapter 24 says:44-49

44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

46Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

The waiting is over. He is Here for you, Jesus. Ask Him to Baptize you in the Holy Spirit and power. As John chapter 1 states, He is the One who baptized the Holy Ghost and fire.

Dear Lord, empower your people as we need you to be an effective witness of your death, burial, and Resurrection. We seek you and not the gifts but the gifts to be used to glorify you. We seek to do the work you called us to do. But apart from you we can do nothing. Baptize me Lord with the Holy Spirit and empower me to be a witness of you and your resurrection in Jesus name I pray amen.