It might be the longest, but I think there are some teams that haven't won a Series yet.I'm a Detroit Tiger fan but always have rooted for the Cubs to win the World Series in my lifetime. I will stop rooting for them now and will instead root for the hard luck Cleveland Indians who have not won a World Series since 1948. I think that this is the longest existing drought in the Major Leagues. Of course, I will always root for the Tigers over the Indians.
Yes, it was hard not to pull for the Cubs. And I grew up in Cub country.I've always been a fan of underdogs. Yeah CUBS!
I'm a Yankees fan tooYankees fan, but i did enjoy the Cubs during the Sammy Sosa era. Glad they got over their curse.
I'm glad they won, but next year I gotta start pulling for the Cardinals again.I consider myself a Giants fan, but I did grow up a Cubs fan watching guys like Grace, Morandini, Sosa, Wood, Trachsel, etc. I still love them. Awesome to see them finally get it done. They're built for long-term success now, so hopefully the first of many.
Definitely. The Cardinals are a great team. I root for the Yankees, but I have always pulled for the Cards in the NL ( and recently, I've become a fan of the Giants too). The Cards have the second most championships to the YankeesI'm glad they won, but next year I gotta start pulling for the Cardinals again.
I'm glad they won, but next year I gotta start pulling for the Cardinals again.
Nope. The Jays aren't winning the division next yearI'm happy for Cubs fans though I did favor Cleveland in this one.
The Jays will rock it the next go-around. I can feel it!
Well, I want to anyway.
Well, the Cubs did it. Any Cub fans here?
I've always been a fan of underdogs. Yeah CUBS!
I didn't think either manager did a good job with his pitching staff. In the Indians' case, Kluber only had three days rest for three of his last four starts.Booooooo! Boooooooo!
I am and always will be an Indians fan! My heart is broken; I am sad: but we will be back for revenge!
The Cubs had become a perennial underdog, hadn't they?Hey, the Indians (not the Cubs) were the underdogs in this one!
The Cubs had become a perennial underdog, hadn't they?