Culture Upside Down: Shift In America Values

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2011
Do the exact opposite of what liberals want.

Cured.
That is not only moronic, it's not biblical.

You would seek to work evil instead of Good. You have made an idol out of your far right politics.

Might be time for you to find your way back to Jesus.

S

Sirk

That is not only moronic, it's not biblical.

You would seek to work evil instead of Good. You have made an idol out of your far right politics.

Might be time for you to find your way back to Jesus.
Lets just illustrate what "values" the liberals espouse in this country and then hold it up to the light of scripture.
Abortion on demand
Gay marriage
early sex education propaganda as well as sex orientation exploration on grade schoolers
No bibles or Christian tolerance whatsoever in any public institution.
Outright and overt hostility to Christian principles and people in general.
Anti-constitutional propaganda including gutting of the 1st, 2nd and 4th amendment
Outright and overt support of deviant lifestyles including gay lesbian and transgender worship.
Open borders which bring in rapists, criminals and disease ridden immigrants who leach off of society.

If a "Christian" person supports the democratic party, these are just some of the things they tacitly support. I am in complete total favor of doing the opposite of those things and that is completely biblical. A Christian supporting the democrats is utterly moronic and unbiblical.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2012
Its worse than that.

Liberalism is NOT charitable. Its the exact opposite. To exist as a political influence, liberalism MUST promote the two things it says it wants to help....

racism

poverty.

I do not call liberalism satanic to call it a bad name. Just like satan who perverts the truth, liberalism takes the ideals of charity and equality and not only uses them, promotes them for selfish goals.

Let me ask you David_1, is the world becoming more evil or less?

Is the world becoming more liberal or conservative?

Did you know that your wonderful liberal caring unselfish government takes 70% of the money collected for helping people and spends it on itself.

Truly caring there.

Conservative give 30% more to charities than liberals do.

The people who exposed ACORN? They did another undercover operation against Planned Parenthood. Guess what they found? Planned Parenthood, the great provider of abortions in this country, a purely liberal ideal ( and poster child for ALL liberal thought ) targeted african americans, urging them to have abortions. Read up on the founder of Planned parenthood....a blatant racist.

60% of all african american pregnancies in the great liberal city of New York end in abortions.

70% of african americans are born out of wedlock and the best stat amungst this group of americans is....

90% vote for democrats, 95% voted for Obama.

Liberalism sure works well for them...eh?

Whenever you hear Obama or Sharpton and Jackson talk about racism, they are proving how inept liberalism is at curing that problem. MLK said he wanted a colorblind society. Both ''revs'' make their living from stirring up racial tensions with lies and exaggerations.

Yassar Arafat would be proud of them.

I would go on, but wasted breath tends to be foolish

A

AgeofKnowledge

The Democrat Party supports abortion, sexual immorality, higher taxes, is anti-self defense, fosters government sprawl and a higher national debt.

The Democrat Party is anti-free enterprise; reckless on immigration in the worst domestic labor market since the Great Depression; supports expanding "free" trade despite the enormous trade imbalance and loss of U.S. jobs, capital investment, and invention/innovation to foreign nations; and drives the dumbing down of American education which they hijacked away from academics to use as a tool of indoctrination to accomplish their political ideological objectives maligning truth and the K-12th curriculum toward this purpose.

None of this, of course, releases the GOP of the culpability for its own sins.

J

J-Kay-2

To the Angry One......
I am a lady. I read it all. Language ? I am surprised you were not banned because it
really is crude. I have heard that before... Shocked ? In a sense yes, because Christians
are here and we really have to remember we are to be Christ like in our language.

So much about our world is turned upside down and your anger speaks for many of us.
Mine would be toward our leadership in the USA. Especially at the top .... You know the
one that goes off and Golfs when trouble begins to brew and our Country is in dire need
of good leadership.

Puzzled me when you said you have 10 grandchildren and your age is 40.
Forgive me for saying this, but I sure do hope you don't use that kind of language in
front of the kids. Remember children are like parrots, they repeat what they hear.
Oh I know they hear it at school now.

Do you have a relationship with Jesus ? I mean it is one thing to be angry as a
Christian, but if you are a Christian, it might be a good idea to ask Him to help you
control your tongue.

I don't hate you.. I do not mean to sound like I am putting you down. I am not
angry with you for using foul language ...... I started to read your response to my
husband, then I kept seeing words I knew I would get bawled out for reading what
you wrote.... so I kept it to myself.

I sure hope since you blew your top.... it has all come out and you feel better.
Just a reminder, there are ladies here too.

J~ K~ 2

S

Sirk

Holding someone else responsible for someones suicide is just utter rubbish. When someone makes that choice no matter the circumstance, they are simply choosing a permanent solution to their temporary problem. Using the excuse of being "gay" and not being accepted, to commit suicide is just nonsense. Lots of people have as hard or harder things to deal with than struggling with sexual sin. I have said all along that society woes, immorality and utter brokenness starts in the home with a father who isn't one, nor is modeling Gods economy to his family.

J

J-Kay-2

Holding someone else responsible for someones suicide is just utter rubbish. When someone makes that choice no matter the circumstance, they are simply choosing a permanent solution to their temporary problem. Using the excuse of being "gay" and not being accepted, to commit suicide is just nonsense. Lots of people have as hard or harder things to deal with than struggling with sexual sin. I have said all along that society woes, immorality and utter brokenness starts in the home with a father who isn't one, nor is modeling Gods economy to his family.
What did I miss here ? Suicide ? J~K~2

Jun 10, 2014
To the Angry One......
I am a lady. I read it all. Language ? I am surprised you were not banned because it
really is crude. I have heard that before... Shocked ? In a sense yes, because Christians
are here and we really have to remember we are to be Christ like in our language.

So much about our world is turned upside down and your anger speaks for many of us.
Mine would be toward our leadership in the USA. Especially at the top .... You know the
one that goes off and Golfs when trouble begins to brew and our Country is in dire need
of good leadership.

Puzzled me when you said you have 10 grandchildren and your age is 40.
Forgive me for saying this, but I sure do hope you don't use that kind of language in
front of the kids. Remember children are like parrots, they repeat what they hear.
Oh I know they hear it at school now.

Do you have a relationship with Jesus ? I mean it is one thing to be angry as a
Christian, but if you are a Christian, it might be a good idea to ask Him to help you
control your tongue.

I don't hate you.. I do not mean to sound like I am putting you down. I am not
angry with you for using foul language ...... I started to read your response to my
husband, then I kept seeing words I knew I would get bawled out for reading what
you wrote.... so I kept it to myself.

I sure hope since you blew your top.... it has all come out and you feel better.
Just a reminder, there are ladies here too.

J~ K~ 2
I am not angry Ma'am atleast not with anyone here. I am angry at some of the issues I stated and had debated on addressing some of the other issues mentioned since then, but I spent the day at work pondering some of what has been said here and have come to the conclusion it would be pointless for me to continue my part of this conversation. I just feel it would only lead to conflict and really that is not what I am here for.

As for my language around my kids I normally do not swear around them that being said the ones who are grown when it came time to light up some tail yes I have. If they seriously messed up yes I am all over them. I am hard, but I am fair.

Do I have a relationship with Jesus. Yes I do. He's my best good friend. If I didn't I wouldn't even be here. Having a harsh tongue IMO doesn't make me any less closer to him or God. I come from a generational military family and the men in my family do not play. I do not play. Not when it comes to kids. Not when it comes to our freedom. My family shed blood for God, country, Soccer Moms, and apple pie and it wasn't for everything to turn around and end up going down the tubes.

No I don't feel any better about it. I hurt for the world. I am empathic or have empathy for the world for lack of a better term. I have seen alot of horrible things in this life both professional and personal. Things people shouldn't have to see. I hurt for this world. I hurt for the people in it. I hurt for the children. If I wasn't striving to be Christ like as you put it then I wouldn't be advocating a message of love and peace. We can strive for it all day, but there is only one Christ. All we can do is be the best we know how to be.

I think you and maybe some others pissed the whole point of what it is I am trying to say. So rather then arguing further I am choosing to step away from this conversation. I didn't come here for that.

Have a blessed day everyone. :)

Mar 1, 2012
Its just not intelligence to continuously swear.

Ephesians 4:29 and 5:4

If you do not follow the rules do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you and that is the bottom line.

Ya know, honor your mother and father....they killed disobedient kids in the OT.

How many ''christians'' make these hateful claims? Or do you just like talking points and use examples like Fred Phelps to prove a totally unprovable situation? Just because you say many christians do this, which I have never seen personally, does not mean its reality.

What I am hearing is...homosexuality is ok. You seem to be siding with homosexuals and calling christians ignorant based adjectives.

Stop voting for liberals and believing the satanic ideals of liberalism and embrace Jesus Christ....

maybe you will expand your vocabulary beyond the most base kind.

Jun 10, 2014
I think you and maybe some others missed the whole point of what it is I am trying to say. So rather then arguing further I am choosing to step away from this conversation. I didn't come here for that.
Had to change a word in this statement. Missed I meant to say. That was a typo. Sorry about that.

Jun 10, 2014
Its just not intelligence to continuously swear.

Ephesians 4:29 and 5:4

If you do not follow the rules do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you and that is the bottom line.

Ya know, honor your mother and father....they killed disobedient kids in the OT.

How many ''christians'' make these hateful claims? Or do you just like talking points and use examples like Fred Phelps to prove a totally unprovable situation? Just because you say many christians do this, which I have never seen personally, does not mean its reality.

What I am hearing is...homosexuality is ok. You seem to be siding with homosexuals and calling christians ignorant based adjectives.

Stop voting for liberals and believing the satanic ideals of liberalism and embrace Jesus Christ....

maybe you will expand your vocabulary beyond the most base kind.
Then your not reading it right. You totally didn't get the point. Turn on the news once in awhile son. The don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you and that is the bottom line attitude basically proved my point right there. This is exactly why I am ending my part of this convo. Your trying to pissed me off with your smart assness and rude attitude is not very intelligent either so we both have our short comings. Life goes on. Have a blessed day Sir.. :)

Mar 1, 2012
The republican party has its problems as well, mainly going more left.

Its not really about parties as it is about ideology. Politics is always going to be corrupt no matter the ideology but that does not disqualify ideologies as important.

Faith without works is dead. The base of our morality is our theology and how that walks the walk is the ideology.

Mar 1, 2012
Call me names.

No support for your positions.

Liberal

Dec 16, 2013
The republican party has its problems as well, mainly going more left.

Its not really about parties as it is about ideology. Politics is always going to be corrupt no matter the ideology but that does not disqualify ideologies as important.

Faith without works is dead. The base of our morality is our theology and how that walks the walk is the ideology.
I concur. The GOP is divided and in disarray to a large extent, their fragile unity is jeopardized by a Presidency that has sustained itself on deception, smiles, and empty words.

Errant words may fell nations... our President demonstrates this every time he opens his mouth as he can't seem to be truthful to his people, accept responsibility for his mistakes, and defend the principles of our glorious nation. It divides us, ALL of us.

We are in the midst of a war that is being fought between Angels and Demons, Good vs Evil. The Apostle Paul has said that there are many battles going on around us that we aren't able to see. But, being as we are in the middle of the fighting each side influences us and compels our hand in one direction. We make a choice to either be firm and upright for our Lord, or we serve the forces of darkness in their malevolence and we give in to our temptations. I think it's quite clear which side is winning in the hearts and minds of our elected officlas and leaders in Washington. Politicians motivations usually are self serving, self indulgent, and self promoting. Very rarely do they aim towards benefiting us all and advancing the just cause we should all be standing for. Such has been my observation at least.

I say this to conclude that the ideology republicans and democrats adhere to may very well have been corrupted by an ever-growing number of corrupt politicians whose goals are to pen their names in history books, and secure votes.

We can take back the fight in our favor if we just do what the Republicans and Democrats can't do... we can win this war of thoughts and ideas if we stand united. But no one is interested enough, nor do they have the time and/or patience for such a thing like that.

Sooner or later though, the faults of our elected leaders are going to bring the walls around us down on top of our heads, and there won't be a safety net for us to be caught in once we fall. Pray God may brace us and prepare us for the inevitable storm that is sure to strike.

Last edited:
S

Sirk

Then your not reading it right. You totally didn't get the point. Turn on the news once in awhile son. The don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you and that is the bottom line attitude basically proved my point right there. This is exactly why I am ending my part of this convo. Your trying to pissed me off with your smart assness and rude attitude is not very intelligent either so we both have our short comings. Life goes on. Have a blessed day Sir.. :)
It appears to me that you lack something that you are trying to bolster with your rotten and immature vocabulary....sir. :)

J

J-Kay-2

I am not angry Ma'am atleast not with anyone here. I am angry at some of the issues I stated and had debated on addressing some of the other issues mentioned since then, but I spent the day at work pondering some of what has been said here and have come to the conclusion it would be pointless for me to continue my part of this conversation. I just feel it would only lead to conflict and really that is not what I am here for.

As for my language around my kids I normally do not swear around them that being said the ones who are grown when it came time to light up some tail yes I have. If they seriously messed up yes I am all over them. I am hard, but I am fair.

Do I have a relationship with Jesus. Yes I do. He's my best good friend. If I didn't I wouldn't even be here. Having a harsh tongue IMO doesn't make me any less closer to him or God. I come from a generational military family and the men in my family do not play. I do not play. Not when it comes to kids. Not when it comes to our freedom. My family shed blood for God, country, Soccer Moms, and apple pie and it wasn't for everything to turn around and end up going down the tubes.

No I don't feel any better about it. I hurt for the world. I am empathic or have empathy for the world for lack of a better term. I have seen alot of horrible things in this life both professional and personal. Things people shouldn't have to see. I hurt for this world. I hurt for the people in it. I hurt for the children. If I wasn't striving to be Christ like as you put it then I wouldn't be advocating a message of love and peace. We can strive for it all day, but there is only one Christ. All we can do is be the best we know how to be.

I think you and maybe some others pissed the whole point of what it is I am trying to say. So rather then arguing further I am choosing to step away from this conversation. I didn't come here for that.

Have a blessed day everyone. :)

I can understand the anger and I know you really did not mean to speak so
harshly. I did not go back and read it again. I actually forgot about it.

Please if you are still here, there is one thing that troubled me in this reply.
I asked if you are a Christian, and you said Jesus is a friend. I hope you
will stick with me here.... okay ?

Jesus paid a very heavy duty price for our salvation. I know you said you
and your family are basically military people. So from that statement I take
it you have seen many abusive acts of violence.

Jesus chose to come to Earth from His Heavenly home and become a sacrificial
lamb and shed His life Blood for our sins. That being said, picture if you will, a
man, human as you are.... being beaten with cat o' nine tail whip... with razor sharp
points on the end. Each lash (39) was ripping His back open until the flesh and
bone were exposed with blood pouring out. Those lashes were for you and I...
For all man kind. He did not have to do it for us, but He chose to take all our sins
upon His body so You and I, may have forgiveness for our sins. As you know he
carried His Cross on His bloody back until another took it from Him and finished
until they got to Golgotha Hill. It was there He was nailed to the Cross. You are
familiar, I am sure of His arms outstretched and the nails were not nails, but SPIKES
pounded into His wrists. His feet, one upon another, had a SPIKE pounded into
them. All He had was the determination to take our sins away as His Blood poured
out of Him and ran down the hill. It was for that reason He did not call upon all the
Angels to save Him. He finished what He came to do, giving up His life for us to have
forgiveness for our sins. Remember? God sent His only begotten Son, whosoever
believeth in Him would have everlasting life ? It takes our confessing we are sinners,
and believing He loved us so much, He went through all that and died for us so we
can belong to Him. When He gave up His Spirit and cried...IT IS FINISHED ... He meant
He had fulfilled what was needed for us to have salvation through His shedding of Blood.

I say that to remind us all, we really should be reverent to Jesus and not think of Him as
a friend in the sense that we can do whatever we like, as we would an earthly friend.
The price Jesus paid for us is to precious to bring Him down to our level... Instead let us
all try to rise to His as He commands us. God is going to send Jesus back and I believe
it is not all that far off. Jesus Christ is coming back as a King on His White Horse...and
no man will overpower Him, because He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.... The
Alpha and Omega ... the Beginning and the End.....

Let us begin to ask Him to help us all to love as He does. To wash away all the worldliness
in us, and help us be the beautiful Bride He is coming back for.

Okay... Now I wish you all the best and know my prayers are with you. I believe your
intentions were good... but we need to remember our Lord would have us pray for one
another.... Love in Christ.... J~Kay~2

J

jjtj22

The only bashing I see are homosexuals bashing on Christians, launching the worst kind of gossip on Christians in the workplace, and trying to use the government to rob Christians of their human rights under natural law and religious liberty by twisting the first amendment against them even to the point of imprisonment and bankruptcy if they own a small business and don't facilitate homosexual events and activities when ordered to do so by homosexuals. So, we must live in two different places for I don't see any of it going the other way. What I do see are Christians upholding God's holiness in their lives.

It is in scripture we find the proper relationship between God's moral law and His agape love. Two equal and opposite dangers must be avoided:

1. Legalism effectively ousts agape love as a dynamic of the gospel and the Christian life by reducing both to obedience or conformity to a set of external commands or rules (after the manner of the scribes and Pharisees in the gospels).

2. Its opposite, antinomianism, ousts God's moral law as a dynamic of the gospel and the Christian life. Antinomianism is heresy that tells Christians it's OK to forget about God's law and concentrate solely on agape love... a course which is a justification for degeneration and immoral license, such as homosexual marriage, rather than promoting the true Christian liberty (i.e. freedom from sin).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and God's grace in Jesus Christ frees the Christian from both these erroneous tendencies but only if Christians respectfully strive to follow God's moral law and both practice and realize agape love in their lives.
I am finding that Christians with this balanced view of God are extremely rare. Why do you think that is? Picking and choosing Bible passages?

A

AgeofKnowledge

"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such people as these." -2 Timothy 3:1-5

I am finding that Christians with this balanced view of God are extremely rare. Why do you think that is? Picking and choosing Bible passages?

May 3, 2013
Cloning Humans
2001: 7%
2014: 13%

Gay or lesbian relations
2001: 40%
2014: 58%

The big jumps between those gaps, perhaps, is revealing my eyes we -somehow- feel too alone that we needed to create a situation where we would find someone "like" us. There´s big jump in cloning but, who has the money to pay for that? Certainly they´re not poor...Concerning lesbians, the "thing" lies around sex, tenderness, LOYALTY, and the being aware of women are quite diferent from men (we are like a triggers, and ladies work differently).

Why not teaching us each day? (I had the chance to know how one woman needed to be loved each day).

Amos 3:3 is my key guide on that.

Everyone is different!