!!DANGER!! Enemies of the Cross/Spirit!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 20, 2018
Pardon the discomforting title, but ask one who knows that discomfort with much patience concerning this form of doctrinal abuse.

The following opinion of mine comes from the undercurrent that could be found in so many Churches today that are as numerous as the stars in the sky, but by-and-large, they are profoundly guilty of cleaving to the wrong recipe; The Connection vs The Power. Beware of this beast!

The many motto's Churches acquire I am weary of, but within all their varying initiatives, these all have the same connection to the Spirit:

`repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah
for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'

(Acts 2:37-38).

The Faith that then Dies
(“can faith save”?)

But this initial sound recipe is as far as they go and where they part from our NT forerunners.

You know the drill, shall I cite for you (dear reader) elsewhere in this section where that warning can be found to part from our dearest of worshiping acquaintances?, ,

“, , having a form of godliness, but denying
the power thereof: from such turn away.”

“, , it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our
salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is
far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off
the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.”

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.”

(2 Timothy 3:5, Romans 13:11, Ephesians 6:10)

It is either or the other; we seek the Lord accordingly, or we work "darkness" to fulfill an initiative accordingly!

Sep 20, 2018
Then the responding consensus must be, it is locked-away and archived in a stark downturn as un-
acceptable. Should it have? For the word asks, not I;

Do you love and love to fellowship with those who have “a form of godliness” and call upon the Lord?
Have you devised a bridge that gives that love leeway to prolong that “sleep”? Obviously, otherwise, there wouldn’t be such an absence. Too bad, not for me, but because the thread, speaking on behalf of the word which asked the question found no pasture, and if the thread found no pasture with something that threatens the very fabric of sound Christian existence, then for those who speak as the most verbose element here, that absence is a screening-defense. Obviously they have said then, ‘can those who call upon the Lord be drug into such un-loving logic to think that we are actual enemies of the cross or Spirit?’

Yes, I have walked in this knowledge and assoc from the eighties, if you’re currently struggling with this from the heart, God knows and is greater than any closed door. So be ready, when He opens up soundness, make your path straight. For if you choose to sleep this one out, do you actually think this will be given pass of the NT command?

Again, for all who's proper sensitivities are intact, sorry for the discomfort.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I have no idea what you are talking about... You talk in strange riddles and use unclear figures of speech to the point that your posts say nothing to me..

The Connection vs The Power ????

motto's Churches ????

Have you devised a bridge that gives that love leeway to prolong that “sleep”? WHAT ????

Obviously, otherwise, there wouldn’t be such an absence ... Absence of WHAT ????

speaking on behalf of the word which asked the question found no pasture... Pasture??? What Pasture???

Indecipherable....

L

Locoponydirtman

I have no idea what you are talking about... You talk in strange riddles and use unclear figures of speech to the point that your posts say nothing to me..

motto's Churches ????

Have you devised a bridge that gives that love leeway to prolong that “sleep”? WHAT ????

Obviously, otherwise, there wouldn’t be such an absence ... Absence of WHAT ????

speaking on behalf of the word which asked the question found no pasture... Pasture??? What Pasture???

Indecipherable....
Agreed.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

motto's Churches ????

Indecipherable....
Exactly my thoughts . . . what? huh?

Sep 20, 2018
Proof of sleep?, lol. What?, no such thing as a non-powered denominational motto? Look harder,

Where the Scriptures speak, we speak; where the Scriptures are silent, we are silent .”

Jul 23, 2018
Probably some dreaded full gospel entity that belives Jesus didn't change anything about his power. Still probably believes his bible like me.
Jesus is alive and well. Still has power. Wasn't batting the air with his great comission or leaving his church the Holy Spirit.

Sep 20, 2018
God isn’t in need of abhorring personal interpretations. If the matter is found disagreeable, say so as the Author himself pointed it out. How clumsy!

Oct 7, 2018
Churchianity is an Enemy of God and his Breath ("Spirit").
It teaches the OPPOSITE of what Christ taught- while shouting his name!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God isn’t in need of abhorring personal interpretations. If the matter is found disagreeable, say so as the Author himself pointed it out. How clumsy!
I (and apparently several others) find your writing incomprehensible. We understand the words, but not the sentences. I don't think anyone is trying to argue with you; we are trying to understand what you're saying. I'm reminded of memes where a phrase is translated from a foreign language into English, and it comes across loosely related to the actual meaning, but hilariously inappropriate. Something just isn't coming through.

Apr 15, 2017
“, , having a form of godliness, but denying
the power thereof: from such turn away.”

“, , it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our
salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is
far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off
the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.”

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.”

(2 Timothy 3:5, Romans 13:11, Ephesians 6:10)

It is either or the other; we seek the Lord accordingly, or we work "darkness" to fulfill an initiative accordingly!
How many people who claim Christ believe they can live like the world, and enjoy the world, as the world enjoys the world, and neglect the poor and needy, enjoying money, and material things for their wants.

Millions of them and the Bible tells us of them, and will be worse at the end time.

Love not the world, or the things of the world, and if any person does the love of the Father is not in them.

Love is the fulfilling of the law, which Paul said love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth by hating sin, and not doing sin, led by the Spirit, and is not unkind, and not selfish, and not arrogant, and only goes by their needs.

And Paul said he could have all faith as to remove mountains, but if he did not have charity then he is nothing.

And James said if they do not have charity then their faith is dead.

And John said if they do not have charity then the love of God does not dwell in them, so love not in word only, but love in truth and in deed.

But there are millions of people that enjoy the world, and the things of the world, and still want to believe they are right with God, all the while the Bible says they are not.

And then try to say it only affects them on this earth, and not eternal salvation, but then the Bible says the love of the Father is not in them, and the love of God does not dwell in them, and they are nothing, and have erred from the faith, and their faith is dead, and they have departed from the living God by the deceitfulness of sins, and if they do not continue in the goodness of God they will be cut off.

So it does appear like it does affect their salvation when the Bible describes them that way.

They have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof, for they deny being led of the Spirit, but are led of the flesh, and enjoy sin, and the things of the world.

And it says they are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, which it points out their sins, for they think they are right with God despite their sins.

The Bible says they are lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, for they love God, but they love the ways of the world more.

The thing is the people that believe they cannot abstain from sin, and sin does not affect their relationship with God do not want to face up to the truth, for if they did face up to the truth then they could not enjoy the world, and the things of the world, like the world enjoys the things of the world.

Look at the people that believe they cannot abstain from sins, for they are enjoying money, and material things for their wants, and enjoying worldly music, and television, and movies, and entertainment, and alcohol, and perhaps marijuana, and other drugs, cussing and swearing, and not talking right, cutting people down, enjoying game consoles, and toys to zoom around on.

Love not the world, or the things of the world, but they want to enjoy those things of the world, and believe they are still right with God.

God said give offense in nothing that the ministry be not blamed.

But the ministry is blamed by many people who view Christians as hypocrites for they enjoy the world like they do, and neglect the poor and needy to enjoy what the world does.

And the people that deny the power thereof are causing it, for if they think they cannot abstain from sin then they are going to sin, which they testify out of their mouth they sin, and do not cease from it, so they are being led of the flesh, and not the Spirit, and will hold unto sin.

They say we are chosen, and can never fall, but would the chosen act like that.

It appears as if their belief system is one that caters to the flesh, to enjoy the world, and things of the world, and they love to hear it that way.

For how can they not abstain from sins if they are led of the Spirit, and who forced them to sin that they had to do it.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
English is not your first language? It can be very hard to get your thoughts from your native tongue into a difficult language like English.

Try writing your post in a word processor and then highlight it and drop it in an online translator - or if you are using Chrome get the free IM_Translator extension.

It does a great job of rewriting the sentence grammatically.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I can't understand wither what you are trying to say. I suggest you just outrightly say in plain English what you want to say.

Otherwise, I am going to assume that you are from some mystical esoteric and probably cultic group and want to say how wrong fundamental historical Biblical Chrisitanity is.

Sep 20, 2018
Ya-know, something I don’t get with you guys bashing my speech equipped with perfect grammar, , if your logic is so intact, are you telling me you can’t scan something here or there that you could react to appropriately? For instance, as you can see, I use scripture. Did I use it correctly, or incorrectly? You don’t even have to use my logic, just state your view of the use of that scripture as seen. Otherwise, it appears as those who oppose are the very ones who aren’t at all concerned with letting this matter proceed.

Sep 20, 2018
How many people who claim Christ believe they can live like the world, and enjoy the world, as the world enjoys the world, and neglect the poor and needy, enjoying money, and material things for their wants.

Millions of them and the Bible tells us of them, and will be worse at the end time.

Love not the world, or the things of the world, and if any person does the love of the Father is not in them.

Love is the fulfilling of the law, which Paul said love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth by hating sin, and not doing sin, led by the Spirit, and is not unkind, and not selfish, and not arrogant, and only goes by their needs.

And Paul said he could have all faith as to remove mountains, but if he did not have charity then he is nothing.

And James said if they do not have charity then their faith is dead.

And John said if they do not have charity then the love of God does not dwell in them, so love not in word only, but love in truth and in deed.

But there are millions of people that enjoy the world, and the things of the world, and still want to believe they are right with God, all the while the Bible says they are not.

And then try to say it only affects them on this earth, and not eternal salvation, but then the Bible says the love of the Father is not in them, and the love of God does not dwell in them, and they are nothing, and have erred from the faith, and their faith is dead, and they have departed from the living God by the deceitfulness of sins, and if they do not continue in the goodness of God they will be cut off.

So it does appear like it does affect their salvation when the Bible describes them that way.

They have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof, for they deny being led of the Spirit, but are led of the flesh, and enjoy sin, and the things of the world.

And it says they are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, which it points out their sins, for they think they are right with God despite their sins.

The Bible says they are lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, for they love God, but they love the ways of the world more.

The thing is the people that believe they cannot abstain from sin, and sin does not affect their relationship with God do not want to face up to the truth, for if they did face up to the truth then they could not enjoy the world, and the things of the world, like the world enjoys the things of the world.

Look at the people that believe they cannot abstain from sins, for they are enjoying money, and material things for their wants, and enjoying worldly music, and television, and movies, and entertainment, and alcohol, and perhaps marijuana, and other drugs, cussing and swearing, and not talking right, cutting people down, enjoying game consoles, and toys to zoom around on.

Love not the world, or the things of the world, but they want to enjoy those things of the world, and believe they are still right with God.

God said give offense in nothing that the ministry be not blamed.

But the ministry is blamed by many people who view Christians as hypocrites for they enjoy the world like they do, and neglect the poor and needy to enjoy what the world does.

And the people that deny the power thereof are causing it, for if they think they cannot abstain from sin then they are going to sin, which they testify out of their mouth they sin, and do not cease from it, so they are being led of the flesh, and not the Spirit, and will hold unto sin.

They say we are chosen, and can never fall, but would the chosen act like that.

It appears as if their belief system is one that caters to the flesh, to enjoy the world, and things of the world, and they love to hear it that way.

For how can they not abstain from sins if they are led of the Spirit, and who forced them to sin that they had to do it.
Goodness-gracious, common sense and a breath of fresh air! Beautiful!!

The only thing I would suggest is the liberty within that power of self-control my friend,

Charge them that are rich in this present age,
that they be not haughty, nor trust in uncertain riches,
but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy

(1 Timothy 6:17)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What exactly is your point? Your title and your posts are mismatched.

Sep 20, 2018
What exactly is your point? Your title and your posts are mismatched.
Thanks! A disparaging loss and clouding of power, to which I didn’t know here we would see a distancing from the very consideration of it. The Author spoke it, why aren’t we?

Sep 20, 2018
Thank God, the remnant received and can proceed unfettered!

Sleep-tight. :censored: