[FONT="]Imagine you are in a burning building and smoke and flames are everywhere. You can barely see and you are finding it hard to breathe. Your life is clearly in danger. You need to be rescued. Got the picture?
Now lets say a fireman – risking his own life – breaks through a wall of flames and shouts out to you, “I have managed to clear a safe passage for you to get out, you have to follow me now! ”[/FONT]
[FONT="]Then you answer, “Hold on! Who knows this building better? You or me? I have worked here for fourteen years [at this point you hold up only 3 fingers as you say, ‘fourteen’] Why should your way be the only way out?”[/FONT]
[FONT="]“You better come with me now,” shouts the fireman. “There is only one way out! This passage won’t stay open for long. I don’t want to leave without you! Let’s go!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]And you say, “How come your way is the only way? Isn’t there another? Why can’t I use the lift?”[/FONT]
[FONT="]Can you see the madness unfolding here???
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Then why is it when God warns us in his Word of a danger we want to "debate it" with Him or among ourselves? Why is it that we can read a scripture that clearly states Gods position on a specific matter and we are inclined to ask someone else, "What do you think?" [/FONT]
Now lets say a fireman – risking his own life – breaks through a wall of flames and shouts out to you, “I have managed to clear a safe passage for you to get out, you have to follow me now! ”[/FONT]
[FONT="]Then you answer, “Hold on! Who knows this building better? You or me? I have worked here for fourteen years [at this point you hold up only 3 fingers as you say, ‘fourteen’] Why should your way be the only way out?”[/FONT]
[FONT="]“You better come with me now,” shouts the fireman. “There is only one way out! This passage won’t stay open for long. I don’t want to leave without you! Let’s go!”[/FONT]
[FONT="]And you say, “How come your way is the only way? Isn’t there another? Why can’t I use the lift?”[/FONT]
[FONT="]Can you see the madness unfolding here???
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Then why is it when God warns us in his Word of a danger we want to "debate it" with Him or among ourselves? Why is it that we can read a scripture that clearly states Gods position on a specific matter and we are inclined to ask someone else, "What do you think?" [/FONT]