Daniel 12:4 what knowledge will increase and when?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Daniel 12
Good News Translation
The Time of the End
12 The angel wearing linen clothes said, “At that time the great angel Michael, who guards your people, will appear. Then there will be a time of troubles, the worst since nations first came into existence. When that time comes, all the people of your nation whose names are written in God's book will be saved. 2 Many of those who have already died will live again: some will enjoy eternal life, and some will suffer eternal disgrace. 3 [a]The wise leaders will shine with all the brightness of the sky. And those who have taught many people to do what is right will shine like the stars forever.”

4 He said to me, “And now, Daniel, close the book and put a seal on it until the end of the world. Meanwhile, many people will waste their efforts trying to understand what is happening.”

5 Then I saw two men standing by a river, one on each bank. 6 One of them asked the angel who was standing further upstream, “How long will it be until these amazing events come to an end?”

7 The angel raised both hands toward the sky and made a solemn promise in the name of the Eternal God. I heard him say, “It will be three and a half years. When the persecution of God's people ends, all these things will have happened.”

8 I heard what he said, but I did not understand it. So I asked, “But, sir, how will it all end?”

9 He answered, “You must go now, Daniel, because these words are to be kept secret and hidden until the end comes. 10 Many people will be purified. Those who are wicked will not understand but will go on being wicked; only those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time the daily sacrifices are stopped, that is, from the time of The Awful Horror, 1,290 days will pass. 12 Happy are those who remain faithful until 1,335 days are over!

13 “And you, Daniel, be faithful to the end. Then you will die, but you will rise to receive your reward at the end of time.”

Amos 8:12
Easy-to-Read Version
12 The people will wander around the country,
from the Dead Sea to the Mediterranean Sea,
and from the north part of the country to the east.
They will go back and forth looking for a message from the Lord,
but they will not find it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
With the advent of general use of computers in the 1960s, not denying their presence before this, knowledge in the form of data increased mankind's knowledge within this age more than duplicating the former accumulation of knowledge historically. I do not recall the figures now, but at the time it was boasted that data collected had increased exponentially and that the increase would be limitless from then on.

If Daniel's prophecy is a reference to what is truly knowledge, this too will increase as mankind will witness our Father taking action. By this I mean becoming personally involved with the end moments of what is now called time.

O

Omegatime

While without a doubt worldly knowledge has increased, the angel was speaking of knowledge from the scriptures. While many understand the timing of the antichrist taking his seat in the Temple of God and thirty days later the abomination that causes desolation is put in place, few understand the meaning of the 1335th day or what happens on this day.
But it goes beyond just these scriptures from Daniel, every biblical scripture has to be put forth in the proper order and understood.. Take the Day of the Lord, how many understand how this day can be so Great and Terrible, and yet so Great and Glorius ( notable, manificent, remarkable) as in Acts 2.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
While without a doubt worldly knowledge has increased, the angel was speaking of knowledge from the scriptures. While many understand the timing of the antichrist taking his seat in the Temple of God and thirty days later the abomination that causes desolation is put in place, few understand the meaning of the 1335th day or what happens on this day.
But it goes beyond just these scriptures from Daniel, every biblical scripture has to be put forth in the proper order and understood.. Take the Day of the Lord, how many understand how this day can be so Great and Terrible, and yet so Great and Glorius ( notable, manificent, remarkable) as in Acts 2.
I agree that it is referring to knowledge in general but also specifically to knowledge of the scriptures. I would focus even more on the gospel. Tie this prophecy in Daniel with what the Lord said in the gospels that the gospel needed to be preached to the whole world for a testimony to them and then the end would come.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
So far I see Knowledge of Theology + Scripture, Technology and Cultural Knowledge of lands Daniel did not know existed like the New World.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Could the increase of knowledge simply refer to the coming of the Messiah?
That is a thought for certain. However reading in Daniel and Revelation I am given the idea there will be very few of understanding in the spirit and of the spirit and many relying upon man and what is falsely called knowledge.. YOur mention is worth some meditation, mayb a lot. thanks.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016

Daniel 12
Good News Translation
The Time of the End
12 The angel wearing linen clothes said, “At that time the great angel Michael, who guards your people, will appear. Then there will be a time of troubles, the worst since nations first came into existence. When that time comes, all the people of your nation whose names are written in God's book will be saved. 2 Many of those who have already died will live again: some will enjoy eternal life, and some will suffer eternal disgrace. 3 [a]The wise leaders will shine with all the brightness of the sky. And those who have taught many people to do what is right will shine like the stars forever.”

4 He said to me, “And now, Daniel, close the book and put a seal on it until the end of the world. Meanwhile, many people will waste their efforts trying to understand what is happening.”

5 Then I saw two men standing by a river, one on each bank. 6 One of them asked the angel who was standing further upstream, “How long will it be until these amazing events come to an end?”

7 The angel raised both hands toward the sky and made a solemn promise in the name of the Eternal God. I heard him say, “It will be three and a half years. When the persecution of God's people ends, all these things will have happened.”

8 I heard what he said, but I did not understand it. So I asked, “But, sir, how will it all end?”

9 He answered, “You must go now, Daniel, because these words are to be kept secret and hidden until the end comes. 10 Many people will be purified. Those who are wicked will not understand but will go on being wicked; only those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time the daily sacrifices are stopped, that is, from the time of The Awful Horror, 1,290 days will pass. 12 Happy are those who remain faithful until 1,335 days are over!

13 “And you, Daniel, be faithful to the end. Then you will die, but you will rise to receive your reward at the end of time.”

Easy-to-Read Version
This is pretty obvious stuff tbh. The Tower of Babel was not an actual tower to the heavens, OF COURSE !! It was knowledge, thus when God confused mankind's languages, He divided their efforts at one world unification. When the computer was invented, and WW2 put forth a global community-type endeavor, we got all mankind working together without being divided. Men's hearts are evil, whatsoever evil they can imagine they will eventually accomplish, we are in that timeframe now. We see organs being grown via human and animal hybrids on research farms. We see these fools creating viruses in labs, we see Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. all being able to use DATA (INFO) in an instant, we see our Governments spying on us and using this DATA to rule us, with lies and the stealin of Elections. Of course, the INFORMATION INCREASES at the very end ties. We didn't even know what germs were 200 years ago. We have instant messaging worldwide now, its a global economy. 150 years ago we moved from the Horse and buggy to trains, then cars, then planes, etc. Knowledge has exploded.

I will separate the posts because the KNOWLEDGE is one thing, the traveling to and fro is another, but what Daniel was being told by Jesus and Gabriel (The Man in Linen was Jesus) is the key to all END TIME PROPHECY.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016

Daniel 12
Good News Translation
The Time of the End

Easy-to-Read Version
Gabriel was relaying the dreams to Daniel from Daniel chapter 10 through chapter 12, but the Man in Linen is Jesus Christ. In verse 4 Gabriel asks HOW LONG will it be until all these wonders (Dan. 11:36-45 and even Dan. 12:1-2) end, and Jesus then swears it will be 1260 days from the time Israel is conquered until ALL THESE WONDERS END (Second Coming, of course, is what ends the Anti-Christs rule, so do not OVERTHINK THIS). So, there are two Angels and Jesus with Daniel.

HERE IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THE 1290 AND 1335 and thus all End Time Eschatology.

In verse 8 Daniel asks the EXACT SAME QUESTION, that the Angel asked Jesus, HOW LONG UNTIL THESE WONDERS END? So, instead of trying to put the 1290 and 1335 on different planes so to speak, Jesus is telling us the exact same thing as per these two timelines as he did with the Anti-Christ conquering Israel at the 1260 or 1260 days before the Second Coming.

He is saying ALL THESE WONDERS will end 1290 days from the time the Sacrifice is TAKEN AWAY, and the AoD is placed in the temple, so it's 30 days BEFORE the 1260. God/Jesus/Gabriel didn't change the method of His counting in the same chapter. Thia AoD happens 1290 days before ALL THESE WONDERS END (Second Coming) and the 1335 BLESSING happens 1335 days BEFORE ALL THESE WONDERS END (Second Coming). Now all one has to do is to DECIPHER what all this means.

We have an event that happens 1335 days before the Second Coming which is a GREAT BLESSING unto Israel.

We have another event that happens 45 days later, or 1290 days before the Second Coming, it can not be the Anti-Christ because he doesn't Conquer Jerusalem/Israel/the Mediterranean Sea Region until the 1260 event 30 days after the 1290.

So, we have one event described as Israel (Holy peoples) being conquered for 1260 days, Daniel did not quite understand this, but nevertheless, we do because we can understand in these end times looking backward. So, if the Anti-Christ only becomes the Beast at the 1260, and thus rules for 1260 days only, who takes away THE SACRIFICE and places the AoD at the 1290 event WHICH happens 30 days before the 1260 event?

Well, what does Rev. 13 tell us? It sats the False Prophet gets the people to make an IMAGE (think AoD) of the Beast and he demands that all men worship the Image or die. I don't like posting Scriptures, but this is VERY IMPORTANT!!

Rev. 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth (False Prophet who I say is a Jewish High Priest gone rogue)); and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

So, this 2nd Beast is of course the False Prophet. I have found a man in history that fits this man like a glove, he just so happened to be named the High Priest by Antiochus, so we had BOTH TYPE living or ruling in Jerusalem at the exact same time. His name was Jason (real name Yeshua) and he bribed Antiochus in order to be named the High Priest, having his Pious High Priest brother Onias III killed. He then welcomed Antiochus into the temple to sacrifice unto Zeus !! (sought to change times and laws or traditions and cultures, just like is said about the End Time Beast) He then tried to Hellenize the Jews, leading to the famous Maccabean Revolt.

I see this end-time False Prophet as being shown unto us in Jason, just like we see Antiochus in Dan. 11:21-34, then we see the Anti-Christ in Dan. 11:36-45. Jason is only hinted at, however, whereas John was told about the False Prophet in 90ish AD, God was very secretive and only spoke of the False Prophets actions via a NUMBER called the 1290, why did God do this I wondered? Then it hit me, if Daniel had of been told a False Prophet was coming, one who would deceive the Jews during the End Times. then the Jewish Leaders would have killed every other High Priest out of fear it was him, just like King Herod tried t kill baby Jesus, so God only gave daniel a NUMBER (1290). He dared not inform them t was a False Prophet at that time.

So, pretty much everyone has ot wrong, the AoD is not placed by the Anti-Christ, it's placed the False Prophet (a Jewish High Priest who throws in with the Anti-Christ who will be an E.U. President). And THE SACRIFICE ta is taken away or forbidden is not a Meat Sacrifice, it is Jesus Christ who this False Prophet FORBIDS the people from worshiping in the Temple at the 1290. The Jews repent BEFORE the coming Day of the Lord. That is how they know to flee Judea at the 1290, and it also makes more sense, Gid gives them a sign that gives the Jews 30 days to make it the 275 miles they need to go to get to the Petra/Bozrah area to be in the safe zone.

So, what is the 1335 Blessing? It's the Two-witnesses showing up BEFORE the DOTL (1260) to turn Israel back unto God. We see this in Malachi 4:5-6 it says BEHOLD I will send Elijah back before the great and Dreadful DOTL, to turn Israel. back unto God. And then in Zechariah 13:8-9, it says that 1/3 of the Jews will turn back unto God (Jesus) and 2/3 will refuse to do so and will perish. Then guess what the very next verse says !! Well, Zechariah 14:1 says BEHOLD, the Day of the Lord has arrived !! then we see Jerusalem fall in verses 1 and 2. So, the DOTL falls AFTER the Jews repent, OF COUSE, bang one's head, it should be clear, how else would they know to Flee Judea !!

So, are the Two-witnesses supposed to show up before the Beast? The answer, the SIMPLE MATH says yes. If the Two-witnesses have an ORDAINED OFFICE on this earth for 1260 days and the Beast also has an ORDAINED OFFICE that lasts for 1260 days, this is very, very easy to figure out by juxtaposing their deaths against each other, BOOM, simple math !!

If the Two-witnesses DIE at the 2nd Woe (they do) and the Beast DIES at the 7th Vial, then the Two-Witnesses (1335) have to show up BEGORE the Anti-Christ becomes the ORDAINED Beast at the 1260.

If you don't get it, don't worry, it is pretty much over everyone's heads because everyone wants to hearken to Men's Traditions, thus they are blinded unto these end-time truths. But when I say something is factual, check my scriptures, it always checks out.

No one can understand End Time Eschatology without understanding the 1290 and 1335. Jesus IS NOT talking about a stupid, PROFANE Meat Sacrifice being taken away, he is talking about Jesus Worship being forbidden, when this Jewish High Priest sees 3-5 million Jews turn unto Jesus Christ he's going to BLOW a gasket !! He will then throw in with the E.U. President, just like Jason did with Antiochus.

Amen

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
This is pretty obvious stuff tbh. The Tower of Babel was not an actual tower to the heavens, OF COURSE !! It was knowledge, thus when God confused mankind's languages, He divided their efforts at one world unification. When the computer was invented, and WW2 put forth a global community-type endeavor, we got all mankind working together without being divided. Men's hearts are evil, whatsoever evil they can imagine they will eventually accomplish, we are in that timeframe now. We see organs being grown via human and animal hybrids on research farms. We see these fools creating viruses in labs, we see Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. all being able to use DATA (INFO) in an instant, we see our Governments spying on us and using this DATA to rule us, with lies and the stealin of Elections. Of course, the INFORMATION INCREASES at the very end ties. We didn't even know what germs were 200 years ago. We have instant messaging worldwide now, its a global economy. 150 years ago we moved from the Horse and buggy to trains, then cars, then planes, etc. Knowledge has exploded.

I will separate the posts because the KNOWLEDGE is one thing, the traveling to and fro is another, but what Daniel was being told by Jesus and Gabriel (The Man in Linen was Jesus) is the key to all END TIME PROPHECY.
1628002541925.jpeg https://www.ancient-origins.net/new...es-compelling-evidence-tower-babel-did-021378
https://biblearchaeology.org/resear...rchaeological-evidence-for-the-tower-of-babel

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
For the friend who disagrees with me. The pictures are related to Biblical Archaeology as the source.

O

Omegatime

I agree that it is referring to knowledge in general but also specifically to knowledge of the scriptures. I would focus even more on the gospel. Tie this prophecy in Daniel with what the Lord said in the gospels that the gospel needed to be preached to the whole world for a testimony to them and then the end would come.
My understanding is that gospel that is mentioned here to the entire world happens inside the tribulation

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
[QUOTE="p_rehbein, post: 4611551, member: 174109"n

]What do you think such knowledge is, and when it will increase? No, no, I insist, you go first![/QUOTE] I am not the Learner, but here is a tiny bit of what I think the knowledge is.

The Lord wants us to feed our minds with holy food, just thinki!! of the food we are feeding our minds. The movies started teaching the occult with Valentino in the 20's and it is worse every year. It is nearly impossible to find a movie that has no immoral sex, murdering, or in someway trying to dish evil out as entertaining. Instead of learning about the world God created scientist try to tell us they are better at creating than God. Man even "improves" our food, so the diet of the world follows the SAD diet or Standard American Diet based on grains they redo from how God created them and meat that are fed in ways very different from how God created them to be fed. That means the immune system of the world is shot and everyone wears a mask over their face in place of repairing their immune system. I could go on and on and on.