Daniel 9:26-27, 70 Weeks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
As long as you keep in mind two things: (1) the Reformers were NOT focused on Eschatology but on Gospel truth and (2) the Reformers remained strongly influenced by Catholics such and Augustine and others when interpreting prophecy. Therefore one needs to go straight back to Scripture. And the first five seals were opened in the first century. The 6th and 7th seals are for the future.
It's true they were still influenced by Catholics, just like we still are today...

But it was actually their study of Revelation that led to their eventual separation. They recognized the Catholic church as the Great Whore and the papacy as the "little horn" beast king.

The Catholic church then had to scramble to take the heat off of them by creating two opposing views during the counter-reformation.

---by the way Nehemiah, if you believe seals began breaking in the 1st century but remaining seals are still future...in a way...you're a Historicist too. We just differ on what's been fulfilled so far.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
my biggest concern is for there to be confusion over a "Temple" that actually is GOD ...and not the satan one. What a mess this is going to be. either side could end up being right about who is in there. GOD would build a Whole City though, not just a Building ...right? If we see the Mount of Olives split, it will mean GOD is There. ...so, satan did already cause a problem.
Amen a whole city, indeed. Check this out...

Revelation 21:21-22
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, with each gate consisting of a single pearl. The main street of the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Jan 21, 2021
Consider for just a moment the inverse of your view about the 70th week. What happens to Revelation's prophecies - particularly the 1,260 days and 42 months - if the 70th week is already fulfilled in our past? I hope you'll agree that the answer is "absolutely nothing".

It's not necessary for the 70-weeks to remain unfulfilled for the end-time events of Revelation to play out exactly as prophesied.

There are three eschatological camps, but unfortunately, only two are popular these days:

1. Preterism - All end-time prophecies were fulfilled in 70AD and we're currently living in the kingdom.

[All seals, trumpets, and bowls fulfilled in 70AD]-----[Our Present]

2. Historicism - Elements of end-time prophecy are progressively fulfilled - in order - across our history (starting from Pentecost), through to our present day, and into our future.

[Some fulfilled in our Past] -----[Some being fulfilled in our Present]-----[Some remaining in our Future]

3. Futurism - All end-time prophecies will be fulfilled at some point in the future of mankind.

[Our Present]-----[All seals, trumpets, and bowls fulfilled after our time here, in 7 years]

----

GaryA and I are among the few here who subscribe to the Historicist view of end-times.

It may interest you to know that the Protestant Reformers who broke away from the Catholic church subscribed to Historicism too, while Preterism and Futurism were developed by Catholic Jesuits during the counter-reformation to counteract the reformers.

So historicism was the original eschatological view of Revelation and Daniel.

Consider it another way; that there have only ever been 1,260 "days" in that specific portion of the end-times prophecy. The number is said three times in three different ways: once in Daniel 12, once in Revelation 11, and once more in Revelation 13.

-"Time, Times, Half Time"
-"A thousand, two hundred and threescore days"
-"Forty-and two months"

...That doesn't mean the other portions of prophecy (i.e. seals, trumpets, bowls) are fixed within that timeframe also.

Plausible.

I say both are true. By my calculation (Historicist), we are much further along in this grand drama than folks think. It would play right into satan's plan to have everyone fighting over two extremes while the truth is found somewhere in the middle.

As Revelation 19 says, it's only the beast and its army that are destroyed when the Messiah and His army comes, it doesn't say anything about ordinary citizens of nations. Daniel 7 mentions that when the beast is destroyed that the other beasts (i.e. nations) will be allowed to remain for a short time afterward. This is describing the same thing.

Imagine that there have been approx 2000 years of lies, corruption, alternative "truths"; over 4000 different denominations all touting their version of the way is the right way; along with an entire world that has all but forgotten common decency. Spoiled. Allowed to live however they wanted. They all must be corrected.

This is why Revelation 2:26-27 says "he that overcomes will rule the nations with a rod of iron that dashes them like potter's clay." Zechariah 14 also makes mention of this strict rule over the nations; how if the nations don't come to celebrate the feast of tabernacles they will be cursed with no rain for crops.

The world will be taught to live in the truth about the Almighty by the Messiah and His overcomers or face punishment, as the world's grace period will be at an end.

No not His presence, but His reality.

Those who are His will be with Him, transformed. But everyone else will see Him with their natural eyes in absolute terror. The world will then marshall their armies and gather their weapons on war and throw everything they've got at Him, and then all who attacks Him will be destroyed. There will be tears and screaming and death. Blood everywhere. So many bodies the birds will feast.

This will be divine wrath.

The Day of the Lord is dark (Amos 5:18).

Those who are changed will be shining like the sun and the stars. Walking, talking fulfillment of the burning bush; of Moses and Elijah transfigured; the embodiment of holy fire.
i wonder if it will be a common excuse to attack our King ...that He is somehow the antichrist. ...but that scripture you just posted says there isn't a Temple ..so that's good ...if they know that.

Your guess is that the Millennium will be filled those that honestly thought they were saved ...but need shown The True Way.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
i wonder if it will be a common excuse to attack our King ...that He is somehow the antichrist. ...but that scripture you just posted says there isn't a Temple ..so that's good ...if they know that.

Your guess is that the Millennium will be filled those that honestly thought they were saved ...but need shown The True Way.
From my view (and this is my personal view, not Historicists' overall view), I 100% feel that many will attack the Messiah thinking He's the Antichrist they've been expecting, and many others will think He's an alien they were told would invade one day. Frog-like unclean spirits go out to gather all of these people against Him (Revelation 16:13-14).

Those who are still alive of the nations at the start of the millennium - after The Messiah arrives and puts down all forces - were indeed saved (from their own destruction).

...But I understand your sentiment. Yes, I believe there will be many who thought they understood the truth, but didn't have things quite right, so they won't be transformed into immortality but will be among those given a chance to live in the truth.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

I just remembered a passage that supports what I'm trying to say in my last reply.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15
11 For no man can lay another foundation than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble,

13 every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the Day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire, and the fire shall test every man’s work of what sort it is.

14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as fire.

It's the difference between the gift of salvation (free) and the reward of glorification (through obedience).

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Then just deal with this:

Revelation 20:6​
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.​

How the Millennium Reign forms is the hardest part. are there going to be people that still don't believe somehow? Why will we be priests unless there are people to preach to? are there fallen people that survive The Return, but are forced to live outside The Kingdom City limits? maybe only the lukewarm are allowed to survive?
If you follow the bible it explains itself.. The saved will reign with Jesus for the 1000 years and that includes all the saved. Those that are part of the 1st resurrection. When you study the sanctuary service and the role of the priests, there is no second chance, after probation closes sin is on you or dealt with by Jesus. (the day of atonement) study it yourself. When Jesus comes judgement has happened, and the saved are written in the book of life. Punisment doesn't happen until after the 1000 years and that is because we as priests will judge the unsaved.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

After the 1000 years
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Notice that the second resurrection happens after the 1000 years.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

So to answer the question above. for the 1000 years, "are there going to be people that still don't believe somehow"? No,, the saved will reign with Jesus in the city and the unsaved will die at His coming. Every case will be double checked and God will let us question every case for 1000 years (not that we need to or that God makes mistakes but because God is Just and fair). And the city will return and the second death will take place. Final judgement for the evil. Death shall be no more.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
To understand the 70 weeks you need to understand Dan chapter 8 and 9 clearly.
As for Gods Spirit and read both chapters together.
Daniel was told -- ‘For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed’ ” (Daniel 8:14).
He was also told -- "Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision". Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Gabriel asserted that the 2,300-year vision involved events in the end time, The angel wanted Daniel to understand that the 2,300-year prophecy is a message that applies primarily to the end of earth’s history.

So when did the 2300 years end? And remember 6000 years of history, the end could include a few hundred years.
The angel Gabriel came and began explaining the vision to him. When Gabriel reached the point of the 2,300 days, Daniel collapsed and was ill for some time. Daniel 9 begins with the prophet’s earnest prayer of confession and appeal to God.

The angel Gabriel touched him and stated he had come to explain the rest of the vision described in Daniel chapter 8 (compare Daniel 8:26 with Daniel 9:23). Daniel prayed that God would help him understand God’s message given by Gabriel.
Dan 9:23 "therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Seventy weeks were “determined” for the Jews. These seventy prophetic weeks equal 490 literal years (70 x 7 = 490). God’s people would soon be returning from captivity in Medo-Persia, and God would allot 490 years from the 2,300 years to His chosen people as another opportunity to repent and serve Him.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon (or allotted to, or cut off for) thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The starting event was a decree from Persian King Artaxerxes authorizing God’s people (who were captive in Medo-Persia) to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the city. The decree, found in Ezra chapter 7, was issued in 457 bc—the seventh year of the king (verse 7)—and was implemented in the autumn. Artaxerxes began his reign in 464 bc.
464 bc - 7 years = 457bc

The angel said that 69 prophetic weeks, or 483 literal years (69 x 7 = 483), added to 457 bc would reach to the Messiah (Daniel 9:25).

Mathematical calculations show that moving ahead 483 years from the fall of 457 bc reaches the fall of ad 27.
(Note: There is no year 0.) The word “Messiah” includes the meaning of “anointed” (John 1:41). Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38) at His baptism (Luke 3:21, 22). His anointing took place in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar (Luke 3:1), which was ad 27.

457bc add 69 weeks (483years) = 27ad

The prophecy is perfectly correct so far.

Jesus was “cut off” or crucified “in the middle of the week,” which is three and a half years after His anointing—or the spring of ad 31. Please notice that the gospel is revealed in verse 26: “After the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself.” No—praise God!—when Jesus was cut off, it was not for Himself. He “who committed no sin” (1 Peter 2:22) was crucified for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; Isaiah 53:5). Jesus lovingly and willingly offered His life to save us from sin. Hallelujah! What a Savior! Jesus’ atoning sacrifice is the very heart of Daniel chapters 8 and 9.

The covenant is His blessed agreement to save people from their sins (Hebrews 10:16, 17). After His ministry of three and a half years ended, Jesus confirmed the covenant through His disciples (Hebrews 2:3). He sent them first to the Jewish nation (Matthew 10:5, 6) because His chosen people still had three and a half years remaining of their 490-year opportunity to repent as a nation.

In the fall of ad 34, the disciples began preaching the gospel to other people and nations of the world (Acts 13:46). Stephen, a righteous deacon, was publicly stoned in ad 34. From that date onward, the Jews, because they collectively rejected Jesus and God’s plan, could no longer be God’s chosen people or nation. Instead, God now counts people of all nationalities who accept and serve Him as spiritual Jews. They have become His chosen people—“heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:27–29). Spiritual Jews, of course, include Jewish people who individually accept and serve Jesus (Romans 2:28, 29).

70 weeks finished and done.

S

SaltwaterGirl

Good morning, @BroTan . . . Consider that the little horn is none other than the Antichrist (Satan).

Daniel 8:9-12

9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of [a]His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

These horns do, in fact, depict rulers, in this case the kings of Media and Persia. Many Bible prophecies begin with a historical type to give us an idea of how things will be in the future. "History repeats itself," as the saying goes. Here we learn what the historical type of the ram with two horns is and who it belongs to. They are the kings of Media and Persia.

S

SaltwaterGirl

continued. . .

Satan is the little horn who becomes exceedingly great toward the south, east, and toward the glorious country, which is Judea, where Jerusalem is located and where the little horn comes and stands claiming to be God. We need to remember that the book of Daniel is prophecy for the time of THE END. It’s written for us! :)

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
Amen a whole city, indeed. Check this out...

Revelation 21:21-22
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, with each gate consisting of a single pearl. The main street of the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

King James Bible
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

New King James Version
“The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

S

SaltwaterGirl

Here is the little horn again, this time in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 13:13-14

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

S

SaltwaterGirl

my biggest concern is for there to be confusion over a "Temple" that actually is GOD ...and not the satan one. What a mess this is going to be. either side could end up being right about who is in there. GOD would build a Whole City though, not just a Building ...right? If we see the Mount of Olives split, it will mean GOD is There. ...so, satan did already cause a problem.
Right. Christ said He was the temple:
Revelation 21:22-23

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

E

eternally-gratefull

To understand the 70 weeks you need to understand Dan chapter 8 and 9 clearly.
As for Gods Spirit and read both chapters together.
Daniel was told -- ‘For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed’ ” (Daniel 8:14).
He was also told -- "Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision". Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Gabriel asserted that the 2,300-year vision involved events in the end time, The angel wanted Daniel to understand that the 2,300-year prophecy is a message that applies primarily to the end of earth’s history.

So when did the 2300 years end? And remember 6000 years of history, the end could include a few hundred years.
The angel Gabriel came and began explaining the vision to him. When Gabriel reached the point of the 2,300 days, Daniel collapsed and was ill for some time. Daniel 9 begins with the prophet’s earnest prayer of confession and appeal to God.

The angel Gabriel touched him and stated he had come to explain the rest of the vision described in Daniel chapter 8 (compare Daniel 8:26 with Daniel 9:23). Daniel prayed that God would help him understand God’s message given by Gabriel.
Dan 9:23 "therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Seventy weeks were “determined” for the Jews. These seventy prophetic weeks equal 490 literal years (70 x 7 = 490). God’s people would soon be returning from captivity in Medo-Persia, and God would allot 490 years from the 2,300 years to His chosen people as another opportunity to repent and serve Him.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon (or allotted to, or cut off for) thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The starting event was a decree from Persian King Artaxerxes authorizing God’s people (who were captive in Medo-Persia) to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the city. The decree, found in Ezra chapter 7, was issued in 457 bc—the seventh year of the king (verse 7)—and was implemented in the autumn. Artaxerxes began his reign in 464 bc.
464 bc - 7 years = 457bc
This is the wrong decree. This decree only allowed the rebuild of the temple. The command to restore the city is found in Neh 2, the 20th year of king artexerxes.

Neh 2: 4 Then the king said to me, “What do you request?”
So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5 And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.”
7 Furthermore I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, let letters be given to me for the governors of the region beyond [c]the River, that they must permit me to pass through till I come to Judah, 8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he must give me timber to make beams for the gates of the [d]citadel which pertains to the [e]temple, for the city wall, and for the house that I will occupy.” And the king granted them to me according to the good hand of my God upon me.

Artexerxes as you showed started his reign in 465 BC. So the command to restore the city would be calculated 20 years later which would be 445 BC. However, Nisan would be in the spring, So it would actually be 444 Bc

This would be the start of the 70 weeks.

The angel said that 69 prophetic weeks, or 483 literal years (69 x 7 = 483), added to 457 bc would reach to the Messiah (Daniel 9:25).

Mathematical calculations show that moving ahead 483 years from the fall of 457 bc reaches the fall of ad 27.
(Note: There is no year 0.) The word “Messiah” includes the meaning of “anointed” (John 1:41). Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38) at His baptism (Luke 3:21, 22). His anointing took place in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar (Luke 3:1), which was ad 27.

457bc add 69 weeks (483years) = 27ad

The prophecy is perfectly correct so far.
Messiah was introduces to Jerusalem as her messiah when he rode rising on a donkey. as per the OT prophecy.

Zechariah 9:9
The Coming King
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.

see also Matt 21:
21 Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to [a]Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. 3 And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”
4 [All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:
5 “Tell the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your King is coming to you,
Lowly, and sitting on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.’ ”

which occurs at the end, or after the 69th week, not in the middle of the 70th week.

[Quote)
Jesus was “cut off” or crucified “in the middle of the week,” which is three and a half years after His anointing—or the spring of ad 31. Please notice that the gospel is revealed in verse 26: “After the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself.” No—praise God!—when Jesus was cut off, it was not for Himself. He “who committed no sin” (1 Peter 2:22) was crucified for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; Isaiah 53:5). Jesus lovingly and willingly offered His life to save us from sin. Hallelujah! What a Savior! Jesus’ atoning sacrifice is the very heart of Daniel chapters 8 and 9.

The covenant is His blessed agreement to save people from their sins (Hebrews 10:16, 17). After His ministry of three and a half years ended, Jesus confirmed the covenant through His disciples (Hebrews 2:3). He sent them first to the Jewish nation (Matthew 10:5, 6) because His chosen people still had three and a half years remaining of their 490-year opportunity to repent as a nation.

In the fall of ad 34, the disciples began preaching the gospel to other people and nations of the world (Acts 13:46). Stephen, a righteous deacon, was publicly stoned in ad 34. From that date onward, the Jews, because they collectively rejected Jesus and God’s plan, could no longer be God’s chosen people or nation. Instead, God now counts people of all nationalities who accept and serve Him as spiritual Jews. They have become His chosen people—“heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:27–29). Spiritual Jews, of course, include Jewish people who individually accept and serve Jesus (Romans 2:28, 29).

70 weeks finished and done.[/QUOTE]
Jesus was cut off at the end of the 69th week. Not in the middle of the 70th

As Jesus said, If you only knew of the time of his coming, but now it has been hidden from them

Luke 19:42
saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.

The end of the 70 weeks was to bring peace to Israel.

Jesus himself showed that that would be delayed.

Jan 21, 2021
If you follow the bible it explains itself.. The saved will reign with Jesus for the 1000 years and that includes all the saved. Those that are part of the 1st resurrection. When you study the sanctuary service and the role of the priests, there is no second chance, after probation closes sin is on you or dealt with by Jesus. (the day of atonement) study it yourself. When Jesus comes judgement has happened, and the saved are written in the book of life. Punisment doesn't happen until after the 1000 years and that is because we as priests will judge the unsaved.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

After the 1000 years
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

So to answer the question above. for the 1000 years, "are there going to be people that still don't believe somehow"? No,, the saved will reign with Jesus in the city and the unsaved will die at His coming. Every case will be double checked and God will let us question every case for 1000 years (not that we need to or that God makes mistakes but because God is Just and fair). And the city will return and the second death will take place. Final judgement for the evil. Death shall be no more.
how are there gog and magog in the Millennium Reign? are you telling me satan is going to convince the saved without a crown to turn? are the raised wicked after the 1000 years going to be able to attack The City for some reason?

Jan 21, 2021

After the 1000 years

When it says "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." ...how do we know it isn't talking about people that are saved, but didn't receive a crown? the earth could still have wicked people on it during the Millennium Reign.

Revelation 20:4-5​
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.​

Jan 21, 2021
When it says "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." ...how do we know it isn't talking about people that are saved, but didn't receive a crown? the earth could still have wicked people on it during the Millennium Reign.

Revelation 20:4-5​
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.​
How can a living person be beheaded? Is it saying the saints with crowns will be helping during the Millennium Reign spiritually? A "first resurrection" could be to glorified bodies after the Reign.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Daniel 9:26-27 is bothering me, i see satan the prince destroying the rebuilt city and sanctuary after JESUS is cut off. ...but the next verse ...why are we assuming it is talking about satan? JESUS stopped the Covenant that included sacrifice and oblation because He fulfilled it in the midst of a week. Would it mean the guess of 7 years of tribulation is wrong?
Are they guessing or are they boasting in what a day will bring?

Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

James 4:13-17
Boasting About Tomorrow
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.