Dark Lights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Actually fruit is the result of the new birth.
The issue is, the Devil knows this, and he knows that "christians" try to evaluate other believers based on what they do, say, (fruit)
So, his people FAKE FRUIT, and you have to realize this, and learn how to spot them.
This Thread is written to reveal them.
Ive written others but one of the Mods here, wont let you see it.
Acktually Jesus the one that teach by the fruit you know the tree so we have to follow His teaching

Matthew 7:16-20
King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
Are you saying that Jesus is not coming back?
That these verses are not true?

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord JESUS shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
You know where that heaven is? The kingdom of God is in man, looking out side is false and Christ will say he never knew you.

Even before the cross an allegory that happens inside you think was history still happens that flesh and blood can't see.
Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The
kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John Baptist was looking outside and blind like Saul Matt 11:11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Well, the way the saying goes is that we're supposed to know these false prophets by their fruits. I don't know about "fake fruit" because Jesus says "a good tree bears good fruit, and a bad tree bears bad fruit." So, it doesn't sound like there will be any faking of good fruit.

Feb 16, 2017
Well, the way the saying goes is that we're supposed to know these false prophets by their fruits. I don't know about "fake fruit" because Jesus says "a good tree bears good fruit, and a bad tree bears bad fruit." So, it doesn't sound like there will be any faking of good fruit.
Satan comes as an Angel of Light, and Jesus is the Light of the world.

Can you see the light this verse is showing you, as it teaches about counterfeit "light"?

Look closely at these verses that Paul sent you from 2nd Corinthians...

""""14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his MINISTERS also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Now, let me take you farther, as i want you to KNOW.

Look at Hebrews 13:9.........It says that you can become deceived by these people, as they teach strange and confused doctrine.

And doesn't that make sense?
As Paul just told you that its the Devil and His ministers who are doing the TEACHING...

Have you read where the NT says that when you find the Devil in a situation there is CONFUSION?
This is always the Devil's hallmark....LIES and CONFUSION.

So, that is Hebrews 13:9 and 2nd Corinthians that teaches us that The Devil's fruit is fake LIGHT ,and His ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS are lying FAKERS, who PREACH.....>"another Gospel", that is this......Ephesians 1:8

S

SophieT

I enjoyed what you wrote..
I am soooo tired of that yes you are saved, BUT...that but word is not in the Bible

One the heresies that gets played loud and proud by a few cults and their deceived is this one..

"All your sins are forgiven, till the day you are saved, but none of them are forgiven beyond that, so, you have to take care of them".

So, these deceived teach that the blood of Jesus stops being an eternal sacrifice, just as soon as you are born again.
the church I grew up in actually believed in OSAS beyond scripture...as in get saved, fall away and stay away and still are saved no matter what...so the pendulum swings both ways as they say. but I have never read where anyone here has said that, yet some continue to act as if it was being taught by all and they haul it out over and over again...so I got a little snarky

And of course that is a DENIAL of the Cross, and what was accomplished there, but, its a clever one, and many are trapped in this deceit and preach it on forums and from pulpits.
I really liked what you wrote about what was not on the cross in the Only the Cross thread:

Now what isn't on it?
What isn't on the Cross.?
What isn't on the Cross is everything that can't save you or keep you saved.

1. Water Baptism
2. Commandments
3. Law
4. Self effort
5. Sacraments - Eucharist
6. Mary
7. Enduring to the end
8. Everything else that is on your list of "Do's and Dont do's.
9. Your Church
10. Pre-destination

that should be eye opening to some

then the usual knee jerk reactions from some

Feb 16, 2017
I am soooo tired of that yes you are saved, BUT...that but word is not in the Bible

the church I grew up in actually believed in OSAS beyond scripture...as in get saved, fall away and stay away and still are saved no matter what...so the pendulum swings both ways as they say. but I have never read where anyone here has said that, yet some continue to act as if it was being taught by all and they haul it out over and over again...so I got a little snarky

I really liked what you wrote about what was not on the cross in the Only the Cross thread:

Now what isn't on it?
What isn't on the Cross.?
What isn't on the Cross is everything that can't save you or keep you saved.

1. Water Baptism
2. Commandments
3. Law
4. Self effort
5. Sacraments - Eucharist
6. Mary
7. Enduring to the end
8. Everything else that is on your list of "Do's and Dont do's.
9. Your Church
10. Pre-destination

that should be eye opening to some

then the usual knee jerk reactions from some
As you said, there is no 'but".......found......>In the Grace of God.
There is just Eternal Life, and you shall : "never Perish".

In Fact, if the blood of Jesus, that is God's blood, that is the one time eternal sacrifice for all sin can't keep you saved, then Christ was wasting His time on those Nails shedding God's blood on the Cross.
What good is that Cross and Christ's sacrifice if it can't keep you saved?

And if it can't, then our Eternal life isn't eternal, its Temporary.

And Philippians 1:6 is a lie, as it Says that God starts and completes our salvation, and HE will be faithful to = complete it.

Now a heretic will say...."yeah but....not if you do this, or do that"""".....and most of them have done all that, recently.
I have them for years and years telling me....>" you are not still saved if you willfully sin"....
And i say........"So you are telling us that all your sinning is an ACCIDENT this last 10, 20, 5O yrs?"?

"Ummmm, well.............ummmmmmm"""""""""

Yeah, ummmm......Uh huh.....Right.

Here is a really good way to help "wondering" believers, understand that once you are born again, you are always born again.....As you can't be "Un-born" again.........How can you stop having Jesus in you?
So, i have explained it this way many times......""""'Christ is in you, God is in you, and The Holy Spirit is in you.....You are THE Temple of God, the Temple of the Holy Spirit......So, if you were to go to hell, as a born again Christian, then God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, would be going there with you".

Jesus said...>"i will never LEAVE YOU or FORSAKE YOU".....and how can He, when He is inside our SPIRIT, as "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".

WE the born again, exist where He is, always, and He exists in us, always.......Its the same Thing.
Here is an update for the worried believer....
You are "seated in heavenly places" right now, and you still were when you sinned the last time.
Romans 4:8.....God does not charge the born again with their sin......And why not? Because God has already died on the Cross for all your sin....>>He judged HIMSELF, IN YOUR PLACE.

SALVATiON : is Spiritual Union with God, created by the new Birth......that God caused, and that is not going to change, if we behave badly.
Can you stop being born of your mother if you stop being good?
BIRTH CANT BE CHANGED, and being born again, is a SPIRITUAL BIRTH....

God knew, on the day He saved you, of every sin you would commit and forget to confess, for the rest of your life.
He saved you anyway on the day you were born again, knowing all about those sins you would commit later.
Why?
Because "where sin abounds.....( where sin is committed)......GRACE more ABOUNDS...>(the Blood of Jesus is greater than your sin, it always keeps you as this...>"the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Listen to me READER.......The blood of Jesus, has been saving for the last 2000 yrs, everyone who Believes.
That's a lot of People.
So, do you think it can't take care of just YOUR SIN, when it can take care of every sin, and has already?
Jesus's blood has already paid for the sin of the entire world for the last 2000 yrs, but its not applied to you, until you BELIEVE.

Every once in a while a believer comes to the light of the Revelation that they can't lose their salvation.
When this happens, their mind changes, their life changes, their world changes.
As on that day, they have discovered GOD's GRACE as He has provided it to them that the devil didn't want them to find out.
That's a good day, ....probably the 2nd best they will ever have. And the knowledge they find that day, this truth revealed to them, is why they will get up every morning from that day forward, thanking God for such a ETERNAL GIFT......"The Gift of Salvation"....>"The Gift of Righteousness"..

S

SophieT

Every once in a while a believer comes to the light of the Revelation that they can't lose their salvation.
When this happens, their mind changes, their life changes, their world changes.
As on that day, they have discovered GOD's GRACE as He has provided it to them that the devil didn't want them to find out.
That's a good day, ....probably the 2nd best they will ever have. And the knowledge they find that day, this truth revealed to them, is why they will get up every morning from that day forward, thanking God for such a ETERNAL GIFT......"The Gift of Salvation"....>"The Gift of Righteousness"..

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
What good is that Cross and Christ's sacrifice if it can't keep you saved?
Not for every body, there is condition one must believe to be save, no longer believe no longer save

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
See one must be careful how you walk here. No matter what you "see" your judging, judgment can still be wrong. You can't see the heart. Did He not say "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

The word..wise to read above and below a verse. Maybe not lump all together and no offense but.. why is your truth here the real truth? Well you read the word of God you shared what you believe praise GOD...there is something hidden within..others noticed it. Now just who are you to tell anyone what GODS word is really saying? Why are you right? :) Devils gospel ...you said that...or heard it from someone else. It is not in the word of God. :) see sometimes dealing with (Key here) His kids.. His creation.... sometimes they are still drinking milk and cannot eat meat...yet. Then again.. it could be us that are only drinking milk. So.. no devils gospel..that book Christ did not die..is not the messiah. NO not talking about Muslims..

S

SophieT

Not for every body, there is condition one must believe to be save, no longer believe no longer save
still aspiring to turn the thread into 'you are saved but you are not saved'

how do you never ever find anything good to talk about?

like this for example:

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

who is looking after YOUR salvation Jackson? are you? or is it the Lord Jesus Christ?

If it is Jesus, why are you so worried about loosing it?

there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1) Are you in Christ? perhaps you need to study up on what that means because you do not sound very sure about your own salvation considering the way you keep adding caveats to salvation

listen: YOU are not in charge of salvation and YOU are not in charge of deciding whois and who is not saved according to your own judgement

Aug 4, 2021
-
Let me show you something about the Devil.

A.) The devil is real.
Believe it.

His ministers are "ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS"> 2nd Corinthians 11: 14,15
What does that mean?
It means they talk about God and Christ and teach works, law and commandment keeping, in place of God's "gift of Salvation".

What does that mean.?
It means that the Devil's ministers, FAKE FRUIT.
They FAKE Christianity.
See that?

Let me explain that one to you as you have to know how to HEAR these people.

Saint...The Devil is Clever.
He is the god of this world.
He has spent more time analyzing the "greek texts" and the 'KJV"< than you , or me, or anyone.
He knows the bible.
He know this verse...>"by their fruit you shall know them"....So, what he does is counterfeit it.
He gets his people, the DECEIVED, to talk christianese. These are his "ministers of Righteousness". 2nd Corinthians 11:14,15
They teach the word, they build churches....they bear FRUIT, they start christian forums, and its all rotten and fake, yet it seems REAL.

"seems real" is how the devil deceives you using his "ministers of righteousness".

You've seen a banana that is perfect. Its all yellow and beautiful.
Then you peel it, and inside the center is BLACK.
See that?
Thats a FAKE Christian on a forum, or in a pulpit, standing there talking about OLD TESTAMENT LAW and SELF EFFORT, Worrying you about SELF EFFORT to STAY SAVED,......instead of talking about the CROSS and the BLOOD OF JESUS. They will try to always get you up on the Cross trying to keep yourself saved as their gospel is all about "losing salvation". Ive had these sons of the devil recently yelling at me...>"NO, THE BLOOD OF JESUS DOES NOT KEEP YOU SAVED"...!!

So, never try to discern who is a real believer, vs who isn't.... based on if they are good to the poor, and teach Sunday School, and your mother thinks they are nice.. As that is exactly what the devil's "ministers of righteousness"= FAKE.

How to know if you are dealing with the devil's deceived?

1) Find out if they believe that Jesus >keeps them saved<, or not.
2.) Find out if they are tying to get to heaven, not by the blood of Jesus, but by SELF EFFORT. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, water baptism, works, etc.)
Find out if they teach the Devil's Gospel of .. The Cross + WORKS... The Cross + Commandment keeping..... The CROSS + something....
When you see them write this false gospel, or you hear the preach it, you have found a : DARK LIGHT.
A dark light is a person who is faith and truth subverted. They have believed in their deception, and that is become their TRUTH that they believe and teach.

Jesus said...>"be careful that the light that is in you, is not DARKNESS".

See that?
That is DECEPTION. And those that have that darkness, are "dark light"....They teach LIGHT, or theology, or wisdom, or knowledge, but its DARKNESS, its anti-truth, that sounds like truth, yet it always denies the finished work of Jesus on the Cross. It alway adds SELF EFFORT to God's Grace, as the dark LIGHT.

Jesus said......""Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness."" "be careful that the light that is in you, is not DARKNESS".....Luke 11:35

See that?
That is THE DECEPTION.
And those that have that darkness, are "dark lights"....They teach LIGHT, or theology, or wisdom, or knowledge, but its DARKNESS, its anti-truth that sounds like truth, yet it always denies the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.
It alway adds SELF EFFORT to God's Grace, as the dark "LIGHT", which is the subversion, the twisting of the Gospel of the Grace of God, into legalism. (self effort to stay saved).
Do they have to preach Jesus or quote the bible to be such dark lights? Or does pretendgoodness from the biblical ethics do? Do they have to be christian. it is a bit unclear, wheather this is false preachers or people in general who pretend to be moral, while not living it.

Feb 16, 2017
Do they have to preach Jesus or quote the bible to be such dark lights? Or does pretendgoodness from the biblical ethics do? Do they have to be christian. it is a bit unclear, wheather this is false preachers or people in general who pretend to be moral, while not living it.

Jesus said...>" be careful that the light that is IN You, is not darkness"..

If it is, then you are a dark light.

He means this........"everyone has a Belief system, a faith in something, this is their LIGHT....... so be careful that this faith and truth you believe in, is not DECEPTION........is not of the Devil."

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."
Yep, God come to the world to find us to be save we never able to saved ourselves, but read that verse brother, Jesus set the rule He save whoever hear His voice and believe. I am not worry of my salvation because I believe in Him but that verse say there is condition, it must believe, Jesus not force you to believe, He invited in gentle way

S

SophieT

Yep, God come to the world to find us to be save we never able to saved ourselves, but read that verse brother, Jesus set the rule He save whoever hear His voice and believe. I am not worry of my salvation because I believe in Him but that verse say there is condition, it must believe, Jesus not force you to believe, He invited in gentle way
you dwell on the negative

maybe it is partially a language problem, but you insist on trying to add something to God's grace

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
you dwell on the negative

maybe it is partially a language problem, but you insist on trying to add something to God's grace
I am not add anything Jesus say that whosoever believe

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
Here is what my Thread asks, and keep in mind that this Thread was read and approved by a Mod before it was allowed to be revealed on the Forum.
You need to know that....
--

So......How to know if you are dealing with the devil's deceived?

1) Find out if they believe that Jesus >keeps them saved<, or not.

2.) Find out if they are tying to get to heaven, not by the blood of Jesus, but by SELF EFFORT. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, water baptism, works, etc.)

Find out if they teach the Devil's Gospel of .. The Cross + WORKS... The Cross + Commandment keeping..... The CROSS + something....
And......When you see them write this false gospel, or you hear the preach it,= you have found a : DARK LIGHT.
A dark light is a person who is faith and truth "subverted", according to the Apostle Paul..... Titus 3:11
And this is based on their inability to agree with Titus 3: 5-7
. They have believed instead, in their deception, and that is become their FALSE TRUTH that they believe and teach that is this.. Galatians 1:8

Jesus said...>"be careful that the light that is in you, is not DARKNESS".
He's not kidding.
So your saying the anyone who’s doesn’t follow Protestant beliefs is a dark light. I think you may find the mercy of God love is greater then what our limited love Is only willing to embrace. There are very prominent passages in the gospel that shows errors within the Protestant church as well. The biggest is its belief in divorce. This being very explicitly refuted over and over from Old Testament to new yet is approved by the Protestant church. I’m not saying those who are Protestants are bad people at all but your rigid mindset points out your pride. Yes there are wolves among the sheep but that points to interior motives and those whose intentions are perverting the teachings of God to suite themselves. Unless I misunderstood the intent here (which I very well could have) I propose you may have to be more specific to what perversions of scripture your talking about and open a proper debate on the subject

Feb 16, 2017
So your saying the anyone who’s doesn’t follow Protestant beliefs is a dark light. I think you may find the mercy of God love t

You put a Catholic Twist on what i wrote, that is dishonest.
First of all, you have no idea if im a protestant. So thats your first error, after your initial dishonest insinuation.

And i Quoted Jesus. And that might not work for you, as you would probably prefer that i talk about Mary, or the "church father's".
But, i'm going to just Quote Christ again for you, and you can take it from there, as your opinion will show you.

Jesus said...>"be careful that the light that is in YOU.....is not darkness"..

So, you feel that this can't happen.
Guess again.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
You put a Catholic Twist on what i wrote, that is dishonest.
First of all, you have no idea if im a protestant. So thats your first error, after your initial dishonest insinuation.

And i Quoted Jesus. And that might not work for you, as you would probably prefer that i talk about Mary, or the "church father's".
But, i'm going to just Quote Christ again for you, and you can take it from there, as your opinion will show you.

Jesus said...>"be careful that the light that is in YOU.....is not darkness"..

So, you feel that this can't happen.
Guess again.
I spoke the way I did because your argument is neither found in catholic or orthodox teaching but is found in Protestant ones. It wasn’t meant as a biased opinion but just a statement of facts. Talking about which doesn’t bother me but saying what I should think and who I am does as it leaves no openness to discussions and seeking truth together. It’s the equivalent of talking to a wall because you’ve already labeled me. Unfortunately protestants don’t realize that much of their catechetical teachings can vary from church to church and even among those who teach and have deeply researched their faith within Protestant circles admit there is a lack of consistent teaching among various Protestant churches. Many of who love God but interpret Christ according to their own feelings and sentiments which I find quite dangerous. The Catholic and Orthodox Church have a body of people who specifically safeguard the teachings of Christ so that when we officially teach dogma it’s been consistent since the time of Christ. We can use scripture for personal use but it not used as a teaching tool. I say this because your dark light implies that those who you deem are following the teachings of Christ are the true followers and not using the bible according to it’s necessary and real use, in that each character in the bible both bad and good is to reflect different aspects of ourselves and our own infidelities and selfish desires. We are just as much king David in our own laziness that leads to sexual impulses. Or can become the white washed tombs of the Pharisees. The bible wasn’t meant as a book to point the finger and feel good about ourselves. It was meant as a teaching tool for our own self improvement and deepening our relationship with God. Not being able to humble ourselves and see that we are no better then everyone else is true humility because at that point we realize without Christ I truly can do nothing.
I’m pointing at a serious error in your perspective. Yes there are people out there with bad intentions, yes even in the church but look at the Pharisees those who at the time were truly trying to bring the Israelite people back to God, they were living hypocritical lives. We who follow Christ are called to the same examination of conscience. If you want to talk about Mary we can, this too is greatly misunderstood and often lied about by other churches to what Catholics believe. No one equates Mary to God no one thinks of Mary as God. We just know like anyone else if you ask people to pray for you God pleased whe. We unit ourselves in prayer and what better person to lead that prayer is Gods mom, the one who said yes. We follow her example because she was full of grace and pleased God and anyone who can successfully do that is a good role model, so believes the church. Maybe this is way to many concepts to bring into this discussion. But if you want to discuss one of them we can

Feb 16, 2017
The Catholic and Orthodox Church have a body of people who specifically safeguard the teachings of Christ
Its impossible to have meaningful dialog with a Mary worshiper.
As the first thing id ask you is why the CC has more feast days celebrating Mary then they do that celebrate Christ.
And once you went and found this out, you'd then make an excuse, and ive heard so many made by this water cult for the last 31 yrs, that im just all out of time, regarding listening to more.
Really.

Also Your "cult of Mary" as it was designated in Ephesus , in about 5ad, does not protect the words of Jesus, but in fact, corrupted the words of Jesus.
For example....
JEROME< mistranslated "repentance" as "penance" and you been doing this ever since.

Also, the Douay Rheims mistranslated this verse....... " Born of water", in John 3, as the Satanic cult's teaching of "born AGAIN of/water"....
So, that is one more horrible lie as taught by the cult of mary, that you believe.