Dating... With Children.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
On one hand yeah this is a thread necro rampage...

On the other hand she's picking some really good threads and I can't wait to see what she digs up next! =^.^=
I'm actually very impressed.

I had no idea the system would let you search a person's thread history this far back.

On the other hand, maybe I should be worried. :oops::cool::geek:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm actually very impressed.

I had no idea the system would let you search a person's thread history this far back.

On the other hand, maybe I should be worried. :oops::cool::geek:
Nah, there's a button at the bottom of the forum front page that takes you aaaaaaaall the way to the last (oldest) page of threads.

Start from there and apparently pick the interesting threads (I mean... She's picking yours a lot...) and voila tout!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Nah, there's a button at the bottom of the forum front page that takes you aaaaaaaall the way to the last (oldest) page of threads. Start from there and apparently pick the interesting threads (I mean... She's picking yours a lot...) and voila tout!
What's a voila trout?!

(At least, that's how I read it.) :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That's a small fish that is very good at playing a stringed instrument with a bow. A viola trout.

Anyway, "Voila tout!" used to be a way of saying "and there you have it." It was something we borrowed from the French for a while. It is not commonly used anymore, at least not in the USA. For all I know the French probably still use it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
? this seems an old thread
I am also horrified that this dad let you babysit his kids while he went off and drank himself into a stupor.
Not just once but regularly.

Not that you're a bad babysitter but that he was a terrible dad that drank. Are the kids alright now? What happened to the dad?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Dumping children on someone else to supervise just seems like a thing for some parents it seems when they split up. If you agreed to it, I hope he paid you well for your time and trouble.

With split parents the kids just get shuffled back and forth between parents and relatives, so that the night they dont have them they can go out on dates. As far as I know. Obvs.

If the parent is widowed its a different story. Usually the grandparents takes over. If the grandparents cant or are dead then. you have a situation. Which might cause you to drink

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
? this seems an old thread
I am also horrified that this dad let you babysit his kids while he went off and drank himself into a stupor.
Not just once but regularly.

Not that you're a bad babysitter but that he was a terrible dad that drank. Are the kids alright now? What happened to the dad?
A long story that is now part of the past, and we have not spoken since that time, which is very much for the best.

I'm sure there are others out there with similar stories.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well lets hope that the children arent too scarred by that experience.
State care isnt always the best either. But this is what happens when parents cant or dont take responsibilty for their own children.

Here in nz if you are so out of it you cant look after your own children and they suffer from neglect and or abuse, the social workers can come round and take your children off you. They call it doing an uplift.

Then most of their job is sometimes taken up dispensing meds to the drug addicts.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
of course when people are on drugs or drinking they dont even know or are aware of any of the consequences of their actions until they get sober

Also if you are young and not grew up round someone who drank you probably didnt see the signs of addiction and thought well thats just normal behaviour for them. Its not.

This is why we have things like 'dry July' and in the olden days they used to take pledges...but I dont know if that worked, Prohibition didnt seem to work, it just made people go underground.

if people address the real issue, not just 'I need a date' then you can pray for that person and be a real help. Get them saved and off the drugs. I probbaly seem harsh but too many people drink and drug their lives away.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Nah, there's a button at the bottom of the forum front page that takes you aaaaaaaall the way to the last (oldest) page of threads.

Start from there and apparently pick the interesting threads (I mean... She's picking yours a lot...) and voila tout!
Thats exactly what happened out of boredom and curiosity. I did notice that for every page you turn that has multiple threads, there is at least 2,3,4 threads about love. Looking for love mostly and I wanted to skip over those because it was getting sadly repetitive but that is part of the human condition.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Thats exactly what happened out of boredom and curiosity. I did notice that for every page you turn that has multiple threads, there is at least 2,3,4 threads about love. Looking for love mostly and I wanted to skip over those because it was getting sadly repetitive but that is part of the human condition.
Repetitive, you say?
Repetitive, you say?
Repetitive, you say?

(Now you know what it's like every fall when we see the annual crop of "*insert holiday here* is EEEEEEVIL and pagan!" threads.) :p

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I see that this is an old thread that was reanimated recently, but I'll just chime in for a moment.

First of all, I don't know if I qualify as being "a single parent" or not. I mean, I am "single" (divorced), and I am a "parent" (of three children), but they actually live with their mother/my ex right now, and that's only about 10 minutes away from where I live. When we were first divorced, they stayed with my ex 4 days and nights each week (by having them more than I did, she claimed their tax credits each year) and with me 3 days and nights each week. That made things a bit hard on our children as far as school, and homework, and where to leave their clothes, etc., etc. were concerned, and now they reside solely with her.

Anyhow, I did date someone for 2 1/2 years after my divorce, but that was mostly a long distance relationship. She was from another country, and although we video chatted for hours every day, she only came to America three times during our relationship, and she didn't meet my children until her third time here. She and I had discussed marriage (I was moments away from buying an engagement ring that I had picked out), but I would have never expected her to be some sort of "mother" to my children (they already have a mom, anyway).

Anyway, she made a crack about my children one day, and that was the day that I broke off my relationship with her. Again, I would have never expected her to be any sort of "mother' to my children, but I wasn't about to tolerate any disrespect towards them either.

That's about all I've got...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you simply cannot handle children dont do it
its not fair for them to have to put up with a potential step parent who might just abuse them by making disrespectful jokes or otherwise

those children are already scarred from abandonment, dislocation and neglect from a divorce or separation, if you cannot get along with them you just would make it worse if you not really committed to them too.

so if you go with someone who already has 'baggage' and chuck that baggage out to start over, is this what children are...disposable baggage? Is this a christian view of children?

Jesus said the kingdom of God is for children and they can only come as children. They need a lot of love! MORE so than a parent ever does.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
richer single parents though have an excuse...boarding school
though the horrors of boarding schools are quite well known

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Lol in response to thread title . I prefer to date with adults not children lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think split or divorced parents who are 'co-parenting' shouldnt cry or pack a sad about being a single parent because they are not they are just parenting in separate locations.

The genuine solo parent (usually the mum) do it all alone, and often without any child support at all. The children do not even KNOW who or where their dad is.